Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Reiki

Old 07-07-2016, 09:45 PM
Newbie ;)

Beginner Reiki

Does anybody know if it's possible to self teach reiki through reading etc.? I can't afford the official class and it's only for me, my friends and family.
Old 08-07-2016, 01:30 AM
Ascender
Hi blueladybird73 :) I have always had the same issue so I just learned on my own over time. Not reiki though I understand it's the same concept -- moving Source to the area on me or to a person in general. Works great for me and clears up a lot of energetic issues I get from time to time.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:25 AM
Master

No, some of the symbols in books for this arent correct so the person who tries to attune themselves can end up being attuned to something which isnt the reiki energy which is a specific energy.

Its very important a person is attuned to this energy and taught about it by a proper reiki master.

You could though teach yourself other energy healing forms in which you do not need to be attuned to a certain energy through a book if you wish to do hands on healing etc. Thou its always best if you can even then have a teacher guiding you as its a serious thing doing energy work on others and mistakes can be made eg I once put someone in hospital from a healing.

I caused a person to start vomiting lots of blood (so much that someone had to run for a bucket) due to one healing experiment I tried which had completely unforeseen consequences when I tried to mix two different healing energies I was experienced in together to make it stronger (one was reiki so I never thought things could go wrong with mixing that) and just put too much force (will) into the healing.. I nearly killed someone (a guy who wasnt sick but who had cerebal palsy which I felt sorry for so really wanted to heal), mixing two potentially powerful healing modalities completely altered things... very scary situation.

Energy can be used to heal and it can be used to harm.. and sometimes one may intend something when working with energy but still not have things go as planned esp if doing something different then normally done. A novice healer without guidance may be an unsafe healer.

Its really really a good idea to have a teacher to learn from as things can go wrong (a healer I know got completely possessed and ended up in hospital after doing a session on someone due to not protecting herself properly during a healing we were doing). Anyway these are a couple of examples of how doing healing can go majorly wrong. People dont tend to talk about their healing "mistakes" but Im sure there are many others here who also have made some bad errors in this.
Old 08-07-2016, 03:55 AM
Master
sea-dove,

It sounds like what you're into is black magic not reiki

reiki is about connecting with a lineage to Source to access that life force energy - it's always positive and healing never the opposite

Blue Lady Bird,

If your heart chakra is open, meaning if you sincerely want to heal the other person and are coming from a place of compassion, love, sincerity you can do reiki. You need to atune to a master who is connected to Source. It can be through a reiki atunement and using the symbols or it can be more direct. Usui is not the only one who is linked with reiki - reiki is just a word for something much more universal and has been around since the dawn of humanity. It's a way to tap into life force energy. I recommend you work with light and not darkness to avoid the pitfalls sea dove described.
Old 08-07-2016, 05:51 AM
Newbie ;)

Thanks

Thanks for your answers. Lots to think about and will try to research as much as I can.
Old 08-07-2016, 02:02 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
sea-dove,

It sounds like what you're into is black magic not reiki

it was reiki and reiki energy i tried to mix with another energy (I was actually at a reiki class when this occurred and had used the right reiki symbols etc), hence why I wasnt expecting any issues with it as reiki is supposed to be harmless so one wouldnt think using reiki but then adding a second energy to that to channel too would do something like that.

and the other energy (its not at all a dark energy but also more untainted universal energy to which I convert to right frequencies for things depending on the healing Im doing).. I mixed it with, has never caused me an issue before this or after and is safe if used correctly, I'd been using the other regularly for about 3 years doing often very successful healings regularly on others. Nothing dark there either...

What I think happened exactly is the reiki boosted the power of the other energy and made it too strong (so then the will i put into the healing which usually would of been fine with the strength of healing energies i usually use of other form, was then way too much and hence then damaging. Just too strong,

Im a 6th or is it 7th (I forgot now) generation traditionally trained usui reiki channel. My reiki teacher was Barbara McGregor, her teacher was Beth Grey who was one of the 22 taught by Hawayo Takata. Beth is the one who first brought usui reiki to Australia where I am. I have a clear reiki lineage... no connection to anything dark there with that. I do not channel dark energies.

Quote:
reiki is about connecting with a lineage to Source to access that life force energy - it's always positive and healing never the opposite

yes I know and it is that unless mixed like I did... my experience is proof it isnt always harmless if used differently.
Old 09-07-2016, 12:15 AM
Master

@blue why do you wish to be a healer, and why are you drawn to reiki?

In my teachings one is guided to be soft and yielding, that way the energies take the form they need to in order to bring harmony. Also, reiki is a lifeforce, which means it is a creative force (and destruction is a natural part of creation). Another reason why being soft and yielding is advised in any kind of healing. For me healing is about creating a space in others where they can heal themselves, so I am merely a guide for their own transformation. You can actually do this by simply placing a loving touch on a person, nothing else is truly needed.
Old 09-07-2016, 07:24 AM
Newbie ;)

Thank you Melahin, some good advice there. To be honest I don't know an awful lot about healing and so I just presumed it was reiki and that people did. I've picked up a book about crystal healing and the chakras, but I'm open to other ideas.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:02 AM
Newbie ;)

Hi blueladybird,
a very good book about energy healing is 'Hands of Light' by Barbara Ann Brennan, in case you're interested. It's kinda of a standard and explains how it works very well, even on a scientific basis. It's not exactly an easy read though.
I also totally agree with Melahin.
Old 09-07-2016, 04:23 PM
Master
When you send your own love you are drawing energy out of your own limited store of energy that's meant for your physical body. At some point you will feel drained doing that.

When you connected to Source (God) however you do that or using the reiki symbols (which is the same process going through a lineage, much like plugging a cord into a power bar that is plugged into an outlet) - then you are drawing from a bottomless well of energy, the infinite storehouse of loving power - the same power that makes the planets and stars move around. So that way you do not get drained. Rather you get a healing yourself because the energy goes through you first.

That's the difference. ...but the heart chakra is involved in reiki as well...so the thing is to get centered and make that strong link with Source (whatever your method is, reiki is one of them) and to set an intention of healing (brow chakra) and really meant it with a feeling of compassion, kindness or love (heart chakra). That gets all the energy channels lined up so it works.