Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 18-02-2015, 07:32 AM
Mrs Merrieweather

There is a documentary bfilm on that very topic, you can look it up on youtube. Personally I do believe thst Jesus studied Buddhism in Cashmere and that he lived and taught there.
Old 18-02-2015, 07:59 AM
alhambra

Yes thank you, I did watch the documentary a while ago, after reading more of Thomas,s gospels I am convinced that he did but for now we will never know. It would be interesting if DNA could be taken from the body in the Kashmire tomb but it isn,t allowed by the Muslims.
Old 21-02-2015, 03:06 PM
wanderlusterer

Hey guys, you might be interested in this thread:
http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=69304

Its about the similarities in the teachings of buddha and jesus
Old 25-02-2015, 03:10 PM
Knower

The question should not be "Did Jesus study Buddhism", which seems pretty obvious (going by foot to Buddhist India would have been a 6 months, back trip, under the Pax Romana period).
The question should be, "did that Teaching went through the unavoidable strain of Mediterranean drama and mysteries?"
Old 25-02-2015, 03:41 PM
Well, my belief is that he 'was' the Tao, he embodies Zen...
he was buddies with all the great masters on the Other Side...
that his consciousness knew everything...that he was and is now
of a such an awareness that he is as if One with the very Creator...
did he go to the East in those unrecorded years...it seems so.

There are many documents in places that speak of him.

Since I can't send you a private message, I see...I will say that if you have an
interest in Thomas...he speaks further and explains so much more in the book
"The Disappearance of the Universe" by Gary Renard.
Wait a few pages and the fact it is Thomas speaking comes to light.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-02-2015, 03:43 PM
Master
As a guess....he may have read some etc but I doubt he s t u d i e d it. He wouldn't have needed to. Surely there must be some kind of access to "truth" that sages have ipso facto...otherwise they wouldn't be necessary would they? What they come to say cannot be dependant on what went before as then their job is not guaranteed. You can bet your bottom dollar that they all come to espouse the very same truth regardless of what they're exposed to.

You also hear of the young Jesus teaching/surprising the elders in the temple, because, he already had it.These aren't ordinary men who have to learn, it is already in their hand. Unlike thee and me they never separate from source. Wu Wei, The Great Negation, La Vie Negative and the Perrenial Wisdom are names I would give to the teachings espoused by avatars. You'll see similarities from whoever is speaking from that state...the unsame same.

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 26-02-2015, 05:35 AM
Olorin

I don't know whether or not Jesus studied Buddhism. I would guess not. It seems to me that certain beliefs/philosophies have reached very similar conclusions. Long before Jesus' time Confucius preached "Do unto others as you would have others do unto you."

I think that the similarities between Buddhism, Gnosticism, Taoism, Confucianism, even the fictional Jedism are do to people coming closer to "the Truth" rather than studying one another's philosophies, especially in an age when the vast majority of people spent their whole lives within a day's walking distance of their homes and only the upper classes could read and write.
Old 26-02-2015, 03:31 PM
Pathfinder

you see, the only thing that gets me a bit doubtful over this, is the Buddhas teaching and Jesus are fundamentally different on some very important factors... so if jesus did study Buddhism, he either rejected some parts of the teachings, didn't understand it, or the story since has been twisted to suit the roman catholic churches needs/greed

The Buddhas teachings are leading people down a path in which they realize emptiness, the No Self as such - where as in Jesus was saying he was the son of the creator. The Dharma puts zero emphasis on a creator and all on YOU....

Fundamental differences
Old 27-02-2015, 03:21 AM
TaoSandwich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Ayahuasca
you see, the only thing that gets me a bit doubtful over this, is the Buddhas teaching and Jesus are fundamentally different on some very important factors... so if jesus did study Buddhism, he either rejected some parts of the teachings, didn't understand it, or the story since has been twisted to suit the roman catholic churches needs/greed

The Buddhas teachings are leading people down a path in which they realize emptiness, the No Self as such - where as in Jesus was saying he was the son of the creator. The Dharma puts zero emphasis on a creator and all on YOU....

Fundamental differences

Although I hesitate to throw my hat in on whether Jesus did or did not literally study Buddhism (there are similarities and differences), keep in mind, that if he did, he would have seen it through the lens of Judaism. Certain concepts in Buddhism such as nonduality could simply be seen as aspects of God. Prajna could be seen as oneness with God without any excessive degree of philosophical effort.

-TaoSandwich
Old 27-02-2015, 04:18 AM
Experiencer
yes I think Jesus would have been very interested in the writings of religious figures that came before him...Buddha was right up Christs alley!