Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 15-06-2013, 07:38 PM
Experiencer
Self-worth Issues

Is there anything anyone recommends for having a deep rooted sense/belief of feeling that you aren't worth it.

All answers are welcome though preferably something you can do easily by yourself on the cheap.

Many thanks.
Old 15-06-2013, 08:42 PM
Draenevyre

I don't have any step-by-step instructions. All I know is I struggle with the same thing every day. It's not gone overnight, unfortunately :( It's an ongoing process. I just remind myself that I don't need to compare myself to anyone else. As long as what I do and how I act reflect my true self, I'm at peace.

You don't need to be worth it because you already are. Everyone else can stress themselves silly outcompeting each other while we all hold hands and meditate in peace together :3
Old 15-06-2013, 08:50 PM
Guide
Worth what?

In all honesty someone/something in the universe thought that you were very special in order to allow you this time and space in this reality. You must think to yourself as often as it takes, "I deserve this chance and I didn't decide that someone/something high than myself decided that."

I hope you find the confidence and self worth you are seeking, but in reality it all comes from a place of peace within. Meditate daily to find that place and you will thrive.
Old 15-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Super Moderator
A few things you can do to try and turn your thoughts around is to first try and see the sliver lining in things. Everything has a silver lining. We aren't perfect and sometimes that is in our favor. Looking for the silver lining will help get you pointed in a proactive rather than reactive direction.

Next take some time over the course of a few days or weeks, progressing when you feel ready to make the next step learning to tell yourself you love yourself.

Step 1 - Simply hold your hands over your heart and feel love.
Step 2 - With your hands over your heart tell yourself "I Love You"
Step 3 - With your hands over your heart tell yourself you love yourself while also saying your name so, "Mysterious I Love You"
Step 4 - Look in the mirror deep into your eyes and say "I Love You".
Step 5 - Look deep in the mirror and say your name, "Mysterious I Love You".

Finally to get to the core issues of why you may feel low self worth try and ask for clarity and understanding when you go to bed at night then keep a dream journal next to your bed to write down any dreams you remember. Ask often and be persistent. The universe is designed to help guide our way when you ask for assistance. Be patient and gentle with yourself. Everything takes time but if you make healing your low self worth your goal you will achieve it in time.
Old 15-06-2013, 10:22 PM
Guide
All is all. No one soul holds more value than another. What you are buying into is a corrupt belief system, that states:

- If you're not pretty/handsome enough, that you're not innately beautiful.
- If you don't make at least $50,000/year that you are a failure.
- If you don't share the same opinion as the group that you are an outsider.

And so on and so forth...

Realize that you are perfect...perfectly imperfect. Like all the rest of the souls on this planet.

My advice for trying to get out of this vicious cycle is to simply stop caring what people think. Trust me, I've been right where you are, but now my confidence is off the charts because I stopped feeding the corrupt belief system.

Further advice, if you are not in shape, get in shape. You'd be surprised how your self image changes, plus you have a bunch of endorphins swimming around in your system, pepping you up.

Good luck!
Old 16-06-2013, 01:44 AM
Master
Maybe you have some ideas of your own already?
Old 16-06-2013, 07:48 AM
Master

It's an issue that is shared by more than not unfortunately. We all have our stories to tell, for me the self-worth revolves around the inner child and it is finding a safe adult in me to tell the child that it's ok to be the child. Hard work to be honest and also two steps forwards, one step backwards.
Old 16-06-2013, 07:53 AM
Master
Simply realize that you are not just the little speck that you believe you are, you are all there IS, your not just the body or mind, to believe this is ignorance, to see beyond this is wisdom.
Old 16-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Simply realize that you are not just the little speck that you believe you are, you are all there IS, your not just the body or mind, to believe this is ignorance, to see beyond this is wisdom.

Maybe simple but enormously hard.
Old 16-06-2013, 12:19 PM
Guide

Try this: make it a habit that every time you stand before the mirror in your bathroom (or whichever large mirror in your home that is the most intimate to you), you state to yourself a few times "I'm good enough for me. I deserve to enjoy myself".