Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 14-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Air Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelicOrin
Hello,

I have been advised to connect with the faeries, I wish to take on this advice as well. How would I do this, it seems so different than connecting with the angels...to me anyway.

Thanks in advance.

If you look into the daytime clouds, you may see a sylph. I often connect with a particular sylph there

http://www.silvestris.net/images/arc...asy/faerie.jpg
Old 16-07-2011, 11:32 PM
Boldylocks

I've seen a few sylphs --never paid attention before to look up into the skies and look out for them until I read about them online. Then I started looking up in the sky and was suprised to see them-- they are very distinct and whispy-- and are not like ordinary feather-like clouds. I've seen them actually erase away Jet Contrails that messed up our skies over here as well.
My guess is that these Sylph Beings are just dense enough so that cloud vapor can stick onto them and that is why we can see them-- otherwise, they would be invisible.
Old 16-07-2011, 11:48 PM
Boldylocks

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
just curious ~ can you expand a little bit on this nightowl ? what do you mean by " odd connection " ?

Dream Angel xx

Well, according to folklore, the Faery don't reason as we do- and they can get offended in many of our human ways rather easily. It depends on the faery though, and if you remember to treat them with the respect they deserve, and not get the attitude that you are more "adult" than they are and start calling them "cutie pies", etc... that is a good start. We Humans need to come down a few pegs ego-wise, before we can connect. We need to realize that these Beings are much OLDER than we are-- their lifespans are much longer-- and we humans are the neophytes and babies-- not them. We need to be open to learn from Them and even consider them our ELDERS.

Walking our talk by actually DOING good for Nature and wild things-- not destroying native plants in our gardens but asking the Faery for help in transplanting them to safer areas, to save them and transplanting baby tree saplings instead of throwing them in the trash can.,
Picking up Litter where you see it and actually praying that God will give you inner compassion for all Nature , trees, plants , animals including BUGS!!-- then taking every opportunity that comes at your doorstep to do your part as a human in helping the Faery kind minister to Nature --- all of that is how we humans can meet the Faery half way. Talking to them out loud even if you can't see them when outside also draws their attention- and leaving that last bit of ice cream or other snack you would have gobbled up -just for them, shows them you are willing to be heart friends.

Meeting them half way will often invite them to meet you the rest of the way. You may start getting dreams where they will come to you in dreams sometimes-- or you may actually see them in your mind's eye, or physically.

Always remind them to please have patience with you- as you are a mere human and ignorant of the Faery ways. They appreciate it when we acknowledge our ignorance and humble ourselves.

A faery intuitive woman who gave me a few readings in the past told me never to THANK them - as thats something that they just don't do with each other and they don't like to be indebted to anyone--including and especially with humans. Instead, just say something else like "Peace be with you dear friends", or "You're the best!", etc...

Always ask them to show you how to do things-- like how to garden for them, --and if you promise them something, then you must follow through with it., They don't like when we humans say one thing, then do another. For example, if you plant a faery garden for them, then promise them that you will allow them to grow whatever native plant they want in that garden--that the spot is dedicated to them alone-- then all of a sudden you come in with an electric weed-whacker weeks later and cut down all the goldenrod that sprung up in the garden, well.., heh heh, don't expect them to not get offended with that.
Old 17-07-2011, 03:50 AM
dragon charms

Hi. I just wanted to offer a few things. One is a wonderful book, that isn't fluffy at all. Working with Angels, Fairies & Nature Spirits by William Bloom

This book is really a good one. I highly recommend it.

Another is a web site, that I hope is still online. It is an older one, but very light hearted and fun. There are recipes on there to see fae and other novelties. I'm too new to here, so can't post links, but if you add the beginning www and the end dot com,...lol it's moonsmuses .

Good luck on this new adventure. Will look forward to more postings :)
Old 17-07-2011, 04:49 AM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Boldylocks for the explanation. I am thinking I might just leave things as is, I have a difficult enough time trying to connect with Spirit Guides.... connecting with the Faeries seems even more complicated !

blessings,
Dream Angel xx

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 17-07-2011, 05:13 AM
Boldylocks

Actually, connecting with the Faery is very rewarding and if you do connect with them, you will find alot more joy in your life-- and find yourself singing more--and walking with a skip in your step. My post doesnt do them justice--
Old 17-07-2011, 06:39 AM
nightowl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream Angel
just curious ~ can you expand a little bit on this nightowl ? what do you mean by " odd connection " ?

Dream Angel xx

Hey AO,

I apologize for not responding to this question. This post drop off my radar and I missed it. I do see that Boldylocks responded I hope what she shared helped.

The term fairy can has kind of become a generic term that can include such things a goblins, brownies and elves. There is no real documentation on where the belief began, most of what is know it speculation. It is believed it originated with the burial mounds and the rituals that where performed there to learn from the spirits of the dead. They were known as sluagh sith or people of peace. It is possible over time that these words sithean
or faries which predated the Celtic pantheon may have fused with their demi-gods.

'Sith', a gaelic word, which can mean, peace, mound or fairy. Ban-sithean is men of the mounds, and fear-stihean is women of the mounds. These burials mounds are often also called fairy hills. The Celtic peoples believed in other fairy places as well such as glens, caves, wells and knolls. It is believed over the years as the Celtic belief system progressed that the ghost of the mounds became the fairies that haunted the country side. Fairies are not ghost, they are other beings. It is just wise to know the difference. There are many tales about both and not all are of the warm fuzzy type.

I had one much wiser then myself advise me to be careful with the faerie folk they may invite you in but they may not let you back.

Just do your research and trust your own spirit. Go from a place of comfort not doubt.

nightowl
Old 17-07-2011, 09:58 AM
Deactivated Account

Boldylocks, I don't sing at all, lol ! I prefer to listen to someone else singing.

Thanks nightowl, both you and Boldylocks answered my question.
Quote:
Originally Posted by nightowl
I had one much wiser then myself advise me to be careful with the faerie folk they may invite you in but they may not let you back.

ok, that does it right there ! not going there.....I will stay with the Angels

Expect Miracles !

Sometimes in the winds of change ~ we find our true direction
Old 20-07-2011, 05:03 AM
native wiccan

i find myself interested in fairy movies ,art or books