Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-09-2018, 07:32 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Hi Chanine - welcome to the forum.

It depends on what you are referring to by ‘mind’ - there are various definitions of what mind is and what it consists of. I suspect you mean it as a synonym for the thought-stream in the head.

This thought-stream is a byproduct of the organism’s capacity to use language and employ abstract and analytical thinking. The key is to simply see it for what it is in the happening of the moment - in this way, the happening of the moment (the is-ness) comes out on top - as it always was/is.

Hello moondance

The reference was thoughts and the watcher...sometimes the watcher seems harsher and the isness seems warmer or stronger and weaker...god dam it...it's all the same...it's been a funny day. I watched my mind hanging on today by the skin of his teeth making jumbled up chopped up sounds..and I just watched and smiled x
Old 20-09-2018, 08:25 PM
Master

How do we actually experience the mind? Simply one thought arising out of nothing and returning back into nothing. Then another thought arises out of that nothingness. And so on.

So rest in that space between thoughts and let the space expand.

Peace.
Old 21-09-2018, 09:37 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
How do we actually experience the mind? Simply one thought arising out of nothing and returning back into nothing. Then another thought arises out of that nothingness. And so on.

So rest in that space between thoughts and let the space expand.

Peace.

Resting in that space takes zero effort that's the irony behind creation
Old 21-09-2018, 10:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chanine

The reference was thoughts and the watcher...
I began becoming aware of awareness (sounds so funny to anyone not on a spiritual path, I know),
when I found out about the book, "The Direct Means To Eternal Bliss" , Michael Langford.
Lol, It did give me a headache after a couple weeks! Why?
I guess it was just so new to my brains wiring!

It is unlike meditation which is very simple and peaceful for me.
But, I must say after much effort to refocus the mind .
..I seemed as tho,
(trying to describe it), love started to seep through in me from nowhere.
Ha!

There is a pdf available. He started out being into Ramana Maharshi and Nisargadatta...
and wrote the book to help others with their ideas.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-09-2018, 10:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
I suppose he referred to it when he held his lighter in his hand in order to explain his thoughts .
To be aware of the forest is likened to being aware of the lighter's flame .
Oh, I see the lighter is a lighter,
not the Lighter's flame as another word for God's flame ...
a Bic lighter's flame. Ha, I get it. Thanks

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 21-09-2018, 11:20 AM
Master
Mind is
Ego is
Be-ness is
Who is it within then that senses distrurbing ripples? 🙏🏼
Old 21-09-2018, 10:08 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
.I seemed as tho..love started to seep through in me

Love seeps, love grows, love sinks without a ripple...once I reached the imaginary end..love was waiting...beautiful place miss h
Old 21-09-2018, 11:38 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by eputkonen
The mind will not go silent as long as there is a "I" living in is-ness. There is no "I"...only is-ness. Said another way - you are it, you don't live in it.

I am new to the forum, hope I am not intruding into the thread but wanted to chime in on a wonderful thread and this post.

"I" can't help but note how necessary an "I' is to even being here to post. "I" agree with what is said and yet the "I" speaks up as if to play a game with itself.

How is it that I can agree that there is no I? Isn't it like saying I was never here when seemingly I was/ I am?

Illustratively, if all is...call it white...what is the mark I see? How is it even seen in all 'white'?

At times I think I understand the mystery and other times I don't. It's as if knowledge itself is illusive, not hard fact (whatever THAT is).
Old 22-09-2018, 12:48 PM
Pathfinder

Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aster*42
I am new to the forum, hope I am not intruding into the thread but wanted to chime in on a wonderful thread and this post.

"I" can't help but note how necessary an "I' is to even being here to post. "I" agree with what is said and yet the "I" speaks up as if to play a game with itself.

How is it that I can agree that there is no I? Isn't it like saying I was never here when seemingly I was/ I am?

Illustratively, if all is...call it white...what is the mark I see? How is it even seen in all 'white'?

At times I think I understand the mystery and other times I don't. It's as if knowledge itself is illusive, not hard fact (whatever THAT is).

I is so beautifully coloured...absolutely amazing to be part of and to watch but the reality is the silent fish resting beneath the waves
Old 22-09-2018, 06:48 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aster*42

Hi Aster - a reasonable question, well articulated.

Hard to express but I’ll have a go.

There is no ‘I’ or self entity. But there can be ‘I’/self activity.

Right now there is typing - typing is happening. In this present immediacy fingers are typing, thoughts are arising, there is the muffled sound of a TV in the next room, the light is starting to fade. There is the unfolding matrix of body-mind processes… but no ‘I’ entity in all of this. There is no typing entity except as a concept in the head. The happening of typing (and the narrative in the head) is a complex play or patterning of an inexplicable source… the whole… THIS…

Or we could set the bar a little further forward and say that there is the transient activity of an ‘I’ sense which is apparently typing. So in this version, the transient activity of an intermittent self, apparently typing, is the play of source.

Some stress the former, some the latter, but either way, the key is the realisation of the absolute sovereignty of source (oneness, reality, Life, tao, awareness, This…)