Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 18-06-2011, 10:40 AM
Deactivated Account
Did a fairy appear in my dream?

Hello all

Never posted on this part of the forum before but I'd be interested in any comments on this.

I had a dream the other night that I was in a some sort of conservatory which was lined with plants and flowers. I was sitting between an elderly lady and an elderly man. Younger women started coming in and one of them was named 'Faye.' I don't know anyone of this name in real life. I felt a bit disconnected from everyone and asked the man how I could get home. Then it changed to me crawling up a pitch black street trying to avoid cars coming in the opposite direction. I kept nearly falling down a grass verge. The man was behind me.

The dream had a very special quality about it that I can't put into words.The name Faye means 'fairy' and I feel this is significant. Has anyone else experienced anything like this in a dream? I don't know much about fairies at all but when I realised what the name Faye means I discovered fairies can be linked with plants.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:21 PM
Michael B.

I'm not quite sure if this was fair folk or not, but I had a dream where I was walking in a forest and then was attacked by a pack of wolves. I knew one of them somehow, and I knew it's name. In Norse mythology, I believe, names have a special power, and I had some sort of power over it. At the end of the dream I wrote down the name on a piece of paper. I don't know that helpful, but I've thought that the Wolf might have been one of the Fae, mostly because it talked.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Gracey

maybe it has something to do with the plant your son brought home. once you find out what it is, maybe you could see what elementals like them. maybe the dream is the journey the plant had on its way to your home.
Old 18-06-2011, 11:40 PM
Deactivated Account
Thank you both. Interesting dream Michael, thanks for sharing. The wolves sound a bit scary.

Gracey - it could be, although it was some weeks ago when my son brought the plant home. I only quieried it now because it has grown so tall, but it might be on my mind and found its way into my dream that way. It was the name Faye that got me wondering about the fairy link, so definitely interesting thought.
Old 19-06-2011, 12:03 AM
Gracey

yes plant life and flowers are interesting like that. i once dreamt about a plant i have, it told me in the dream if i would give it very cold water another plant would grow beside it, it is a mother in laws tongue. so i gave it some cold water and long behold another plant grew right beside it, in my dream i saw it come out of the ground, it was like an earthquake to the plant. i saw many of its kind in a single row. so after the plant sprung another one in waking life, i did some research on the plant and that is the way it grows, in lines....leave it to a plant to teach me of himself. :)
Old 19-06-2011, 03:49 PM
Deactivated Account
Wow that's amazing Gracey! I do think dreams are a truly incredible source of knowledge and its a shame so many people aren't aware of what we can learn from them. Well done to the plant for communicating to you through one!
Old 19-06-2011, 05:34 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Wow that's amazing Gracey! I do think dreams are a truly incredible source of knowledge and its a shame so many people aren't aware of what we can learn from them. Well done to the plant for communicating to you through one!

Dreams are messages from the Higher Self to the finite personality self. They speak directly to you in a symbollic manner, and they're the best source of spirit guidance you can get, because they are written FOR you, BY "you"...!! I authored a book on dreams as seen from the spiritual perspective and I have worked with them... my own and those of others seeking awareness as to what theirs might be telling them... for over 30 years. It's such a special and powerful method of communing with spirit! We are truly blessed to have this "language". When I work with clients who seek my dream consulting skills, I do not "tell" them what the dream means... I help them clarify their OWN perception of same
Old 19-06-2011, 07:32 PM
Deactivated Account
Thanks for that Lightfilledheart! I've always felt very similarly about dreams. I like your approach and agree that we can't 'tell' people what their dream might mean. It does come from within. I would be interested in your book on dreams - can you pm me the title if you're not allowed to post it?
Old 19-06-2011, 07:36 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck
Thanks for that Lightfilledheart! I've always felt very similarly about dreams. I like your approach and agree that we can't 'tell' people what their dream might mean. It does come from within. I would be interested in your book on dreams - can you pm me the title if you're not allowed to post it?

Sure, Starbuck. I'll go ahead and PM that info to you. When I work with people to help them understand the meanings of and messages in their dreams, I am primarily offering my impressions, not insisting on a specific meaning. As you say, the dream originates with the dreamer (albeit a higher aspect of that they may or may not be familiar and in conscious contact with!), and only the dreamer can determine with absolute accuracy what the dream is saying.