Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 30-03-2011, 07:57 AM
Pathfinder
Reading while dreaming

Has anyone been able to read something that is in your dreams? Usually I can't do that the words will seem jumbled up and all i would be able to make out would be words like this, the, that, and is. But while I was lucid dreaming the other night I could actually read the words going across the bottom of the tv screen during a news report. I was so excited to be able to read that when something would wake me up I would fall back asleep and continue the dream where I left off just so I could do it again . So have any of you been able to do this and what were your dreams about when you did. All I read about was Charlie Sheen(sp?) but I was so happy to be able to read to really care what I was reading about.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:55 AM
Lady Valkyrie

Usually the words are hidden from me. I have seen a book which I know was important which was concealed in a panel in the side of a church or cathedral. I could not even open it and I knew there was hidden wisdom inside.

Sometimes in lucid dreams I see signs, they are often in characters I cannot read, but sometimes I can interpret them. Then I feel myself trying to hold onto the meanings of the signs in the dreams into waking consciousness, but I never remember it all. They tend to relate to 2012 and human evolution.
Old 23-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Knower
I don't have this problem, I can read things normally and usually recall what they said. Although sometimes it's in japanese, so I don't understand that. (I see a lot of japanese but am not fluent)
Old 06-04-2013, 11:31 PM
Experiencer

jumbled words indicate you are dreaming

One of my tricks to realize I am dreaming is when numbers and words get jumbled. I am think I might be dreaming, I look a the numbers of a clock, or words somewhere. Then I look away and back. I the numbers or letters change, then I say, "yey! Im dreaming!" Then do whatever I want. It works every single time.
Old 07-04-2013, 01:18 PM
Ascender
I remarked that lately I was able to read while dreaming,normally it would be something someone write to me or such and often when I'll tell the person in waking life that he/she told me that in a dream,it will make sense to him/her.
It's funny as I don't remember much of my dreams,well ,I remember more than before but this is yet not much,but I often remember reading things.
Old 09-05-2013, 02:41 AM
Niebla0007

Reading in Dream

I don't always see something to read while dreaming, but I do not normally have any problem when I do.

But what's happening to me lately, for 2 around months now which I find perflexing is - how most of the time I wake up from a dream(but this also happens sometimes while I'm still in a dream),
it's like I am reading words at the same time as I am seeing the images of a dream.
I also feel a tiredness as in just having been reading too much when I wake up
when I hardly read books lately before sleeping.

I wonder if anybody else reading this actually had been having this happen to her/him before.

Old 11-05-2013, 03:56 PM
Jayme

I have no problem reading something in a dream or lucid dream. What's interesting however is that I have to get very close to the sign or hold the book close to my face. In the waking world I wear glasses, and when I dream I'm usually not wearing them (Probably because I dislike them).

The words are blurry. Usually after I read it the words will change. It's a very good dreamsign.
Old 21-06-2013, 09:12 AM
silvercomet

That remind me i once had a dream where i was in a city and i felt so lost because all the words shop names signpost were mirror images very confusing
But since the dream i can now write mirror writing with my left and right hand real easy normally right handed with writing just a interesting ideal that i remember when i read your post love and blessings xx