Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 19-07-2018, 12:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Very new to meditation .. please help!

I am very new to meditation, honestly I don’t know if I am even doing this right and would like some guidance on meditation. I am 4 days into this and the first day I experienced a loud ringing noise almost . This morning while meditating I decided for whatever reason to open my eyes and all around me looked like thousands of white sparkles that’s the best way to describe this . There were thousands of them and they were beautiful and they didn’t go away . Is this normal ? Or am I doing this thing all wrong ?
Old 20-07-2018, 08:07 PM
Master

Flow with it. There are many things which can be seen and heard in meditation. Some people experience such phenomena, others don't. It is not wrong. Just be present with whatever is happening and see where it leads you.

Peace.
Old 21-07-2018, 06:34 AM
Master
There is no such thing as "normal" when it comes to meditation; there are common experiences that people have in meditation, but in the long run each person's meditation experience will be as unique as they are. In meditation, you are bringing to the surface what you have inside of you, and no doubt, you will have experiences that will appear as very strange to your ordinary everyday mind. Experiences that can not be readily explained. I would suggest that you get a teacher who you can talk with face-to-face, or get into a group of people who are practicing meditation. The experience of meditating with a group is fantastic and much different then meditating alone, plus a group can be very supportive. You need this, in my opinion, when you are first beginning a meditation practice. Understand that you are going to be dealing with your own mind once you begin a meditation practice, and just getting help online is sometimes inadequate.

Peace and Good Journey
Old 21-07-2018, 11:31 AM
Newbie ;)

Flow with it. There are many things which can be seen and heard in meditation. Some people experience such phenomena, others don't. It is not wrong. Just be present with whatever is happening and see where it leads you.
Old 02-08-2018, 06:58 AM
Newbie ;)

The experience will only be yours. Hardly any similarities with others except the sound vibes of a deities region are same as heard by diff people.
Old 02-08-2018, 07:35 AM
Master
Sounds good. You're open to what happens, and just keep going with that.
Old 10-08-2018, 02:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clgk2013
I am very new to meditation, honestly I don’t know if I am even doing this right and would like some guidance on meditation. I am 4 days into this and the first day I experienced a loud ringing noise almost . This morning while meditating I decided for whatever reason to open my eyes and all around me looked like thousands of white sparkles that’s the best way to describe this . There were thousands of them and they were beautiful and they didn’t go away . Is this normal ? Or am I doing this thing all wrong ?

Hi

To me hearing ringing sounds is normal and the white sparkles could be from opening your eyes as your eyes get use to from darkness to light. What is not that normal is people experiencing the tones so early on just learning meditation so you must be doing something right so you may have a skill for this!!! Meditation is a practice not something that you do right or wrong. It's like going to the gym the only way your not getting it right is from not doing/practicing it.

Good luck.