Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 17-09-2018, 04:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanaki
Thank you for putting my quote from the bible correctly.

Letting go is teaching in buddhisme and yes it is many years sinse i followed Christianity, But to let go is actually both easy and difficult in same time :)
There are subject in life that is easy to let go of, example can be, it is easy to let go of wanting alcohol (exept for those who have a hug adiction) but for a normal person to no longer drink alcohol is not difficult.

But when it comes to likes and dislikes it can become very difficult to become neutral :) because that is the tru essens in letting go. to become neutral. to only see it for what it is without judment or wanting/not wanting.

Anger is also very difficult to let go of, but when realised that to become angry at someone not only hurt the person you are angry at, it hurt you self even more. then it become easy to let go of it.
Hello Amanaki -- This is a nice post...just hopping back over here again onto this thread.

I like this. Letting go is like anything else...it becomes easier with loads and loads of practice & loads and loads of time. There is also something to be learnt from those who are cruel, unkind, spiteful, and the like. The lessons are a beautiful gift that you give yourself for the burden of having to interact with them charitably, hahaha ;)

I would add, believe it or not, that my dad, who TBH is not a very nice person, has unwittingly educated me from almost day 1 in an awful lot of the dregs of humanity's baseness and in the bitter depths of intentional spite and cruelty, some of which he has disciplined a bit over the years and much of which he has not or only partially. And much of which he neither cares nor bothers about too much.

There are many, many times throughout my life when I realized consciously that dealing with not all but nearly every difficult person who's crossed my path was fairly routine due to having to interact courteously with my dad regardless of what he's said or done, and to learn to perhaps even enjoy a few moments here or there before it goes out the window per usual And I have thanked him for that privately for that and in some honest discussions with mum and best friends, etc. Not him, of course, so as not to offend him, hahaha ;)

I may feel a twinge of mild disappointment at times (I am still only human) but peaceful acceptance on the whole is not bad, not bad at all.
Particularly for the peace of mind and the heart. I have once or twice been struck by how much some fathers seem to genuinely care for their children and most of all by the respect and genuine affection those adult children have for their fathers. And I have also been struck by how relatively rarely I have seen that sort of tight bond, and how unfortunate that is for everyone, including for the men themselves.

But for the most part, I simply accept that this is what is, and that my father is not as uncommon as humanity as a whole might prefer in his excesses and shortcomings, his self-absorption, his vanity, his immaturity, his loathing of commitment and obligation, and his obsession with sex and infidelity in defining his manhood. He is unfortunately a product of his day, and whilst certainly not the most sterling of the lot character-wise, truthfully he's not the very worst either. He married (apparently grudgingly but mum didn't realise) and grudgingly provided for us, same as many others of his gen did, LOL...and was a bitter, peevish, unfaithful, and spiteful man till the marriage ended many years later.

Perhaps when I am a father, in some other lifetime, I can be that kinder, stronger, and more loving man and father to my own children As, I've only been a mother to date, that I can recall from past lives, and that's also what I'm working on for the mo Maybe I'll put fatherhood on my bucket list for later. It would be very satisfying to add to the world in that way, since there is such an immeasurable and gaping lack in our world's cultures of mature manhood, one that doesn't rely on heavy-handed authority structures and domination of others, but yet still maintains the strength and purpose that personal discipline, integrity, and spiritual centredness bring.

After all, we have to be the change we want to see in the world
Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 17-09-2018, 05:26 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Letting go is like anything else...it becomes easier with loads and loads of practice & loads and loads of time. There is also something to be learnt from those who are cruel, unkind, spiteful, and the like. The lessons are a beautiful gift that you give yourself for the burden of having to interact with them charitably, hahaha ;)

I would add, believe it or not, that my dad, who TBH is not a very nice person, has unwittingly educated me from almost day 1 in an awful lot of the dregs of humanity's baseness and in the bitter depths of intentional spite and cruelty, some of which he has disciplined a bit over the years and much of which he has not or only partially. And much of which he neither cares nor bothers about too much.

There are many, many times throughout my life when I realized consciously that dealing with not all but nearly every difficult person who's crossed my path was fairly routine due to having to interact courteously with my dad regardless of what he's said or done, and to learn to perhaps even enjoy a few moments here or there before it goes out the window per usual And I have thanked him for that privately for that and in some honest discussions with mum and best friends, etc. Not him, of course, so as not to offend him, hahaha ;)

I may feel a twinge of mild disappointment at times (I am still only human) but peaceful acceptance on the whole is not bad, not bad at all.
Particularly for the peace of mind and the heart. I have once or twice been struck by how much some fathers seem to genuinely care for their children and most of all by the respect and genuine affection those adult children have for their fathers. And I have also been struck by how relatively rarely I have seen that sort of tight bond, and how unfortunate that is for everyone, including for the men themselves.

But for the most part, I simply accept that this is what is, and that my father is not as uncommon as humanity as a whole might prefer in his excesses and shortcomings, his self-absorption, his vanity, his immaturity, his loathing of commitment and obligation, and his obsession with sex and infidelity in defining his manhood. He is unfortunately a product of his day, and whilst certainly not the most sterling of the lot character-wise, truthfully he's not the very worst either. He married (apparently grudgingly but mum didn't realise) and grudgingly provided for us, same as many others of his gen did, LOL...and was a bitter, peevish, unfaithful, and spiteful man till the marriage ended many years later.

Perhaps when I am a father, in some other lifetime, I can be that kinder, stronger, and more loving man and father to my own children As, I've only been a mother to date, that I can recall from past lives, and that's also what I'm working on for the mo Maybe I'll put fatherhood on my bucket list for later. It would be very satisfying to add to the world in that way, since there is such an immeasurable and gaping lack in our world's cultures of mature manhood, one that doesn't rely on heavy-handed authority structures and domination of others, but yet still maintains the strength and purpose that personal discipline, integrity, and spiritual centredness bring.

In my 'view', 'individual' souls e-merge, as a result of their own realizations and consequent choices one at a time and in each case one 'step' at a time, from the 'ooze' (wherein/wherefrom they are 'born') of selfishness.
Old 18-09-2018, 01:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

In my 'view', 'individual' souls e-merge, as a result of their own realizations and consequent choices one at a time and in each case one 'step' at a time, from the 'ooze' (wherein/wherefrom they are 'born') of selfishness.

That would be so.

We are just talking out our own realizations.
Old 19-09-2018, 05:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Something to consider is that perfection is a human word, concept and judgment. So in that sense yes, there is truth to the notion that perfection doesn't actually exist. Spirit isn't perfection. The perfection concept does not exist as any aspect of the (non-judgmental) Spirit state. Rather, the Spirit state IS. With regards to the OP statement -- God wants us to be perfect -- the word perfection here can be understood as the human being's inadequate attempt to comprehend the unfathomable reality of the Spirit state of IS.

Hey B

Yes, that's my point. The definition of perfection is a human concept like time is. When we transition perfection and time have no meaning. As a Virgo I have always been geared towards perfectionistic tendencies until I awoke and trying to keep things 'perfect' sent me into a meltdown.

Eventually I learned that perfection doesn't exist because things are constantly changing. You dust the house, it's perfect for a few seconds because more dust will settle. The lawn looks freshly cut, but grass will grow and a bird will poop on it or a rabbit will dig a hole. These are things you cannot control.

Then, how about people? No one is perfect for we all have bad days, less than nice thoughts because that's human.
Old 19-09-2018, 06:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
Eventually I learned that perfection doesn't exist because things are constantly changing.
Yes. Experiential insight and inspiration.

And as above, so below. It follows then that the imperfect material plane is somehow reflective of _______ in the spirit plane. Now, I use _______ to describe it, because what is it exactly? What do we call it, and how do we describe it? Obviously and logically we're not talking about perfection or imperfection, because those are human terms and concepts. So then what is this _______ that exists (or manifests) in the spirit plane as a kind of "as-above reflective confirmation" of the reality of imperfection?

What I have often experienced is that spirit plane envisioning doesn't always immediately align with our material plane conceptual thinking. It often takes a good bit of penetrative imagining in order to grok the spirit-soul-body connections between the as-above of the spirit plane, and the so-below of the material.

Here then I offer this suggestion: the human being's realization with regards to imperfection ("Nothing is perfect"), finds its reflective counterpart in the spirit plane, in the idea that all things -- including spirit, or God if that's what you believe -- are incomplete; are in a continuous and ongoing and eternal state of evolution. The idea here being that something that is not complete and that is not finished, obviously cannot be perfect.

The creation that creates is also in a state of creation; is equally bound to this universal law and principle of creation. "So then who is creating the creator?!" The human mind finds these types of esoteric puzzles to be so impossibly egmantic, that it creates concepts having to do with perfection and completeness, just so it can avoid having to think about it.
Old 19-09-2018, 06:56 PM
Master
Quote:
The creation that creates is also in a state of creation;

Some peeps "can't stand the truth" because of wanting the 'security blanket' of 'absolute' ________!

LOL
Old 19-09-2018, 07:05 PM
Master

Quote:
Yes. Experiential insight and inspiration.

Here then I offer this suggestion: the human being's realization with regards to imperfection ("Nothing is perfect"), finds its reflective counterpart in the spirit plane, in the idea that all things -- including spirit, or God if that's what you believe -- are incomplete; are in a continuous and ongoing and eternal state of evolution. The idea here being that something that is not complete and that is not finished, obviously cannot be perfect.

So the OP was asking if God wants us to be perfect. God I feel, wishes us to evolve and learn, therefore one must ask, if one is perfect have they anything else to learn?

As you get older and when 'perfection' falls apart and you realize it's actually okay and you will survive, the actual learning is not the achievement, but how you got there. That's why shortcuts are counter productive and rushing too, because you miss the actual point of it all.

Just my thoughts and observations.
Old 19-09-2018, 07:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun

Some peeps "can't stand the truth" because of wanting the 'security blanket' of 'absolute' ________!

LOL
No Sunday day of rest after the creation was finished, yes that too. Because nothing can be complete and finished. Esoteric Science recognizes that the earth body has always been and/or will be in a continous state of growth and decay. It is not and has never been a stationary creation.
Old 19-09-2018, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by froebellian
As you get older and when 'perfection' falls apart...
Or as I call it, arthritis, and weird memory blanks like what was I just looking for in the fridge?
Old 20-09-2018, 12:25 AM
Master

Quote:
Or as I call it, arthritis, and weird memory blanks like what was I just looking for in the fridge?

I try not to be too cynical, sensible and practical, but that's what happens when you figure out what is and what isn't important. That doesn't mean I don't like order as I do, but I know I can cope when things go terribly wrong.