Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 19-03-2014, 09:45 PM
Experiencer
Holly I have read that people fast normally for spiritual reasons. As the body is not receiving nutrients during a fast, the spirit of the body naturally rises; it helps one to tune into their spiritual self more easily (as long as the fast is a healthy one).
Old 19-03-2014, 10:33 PM
Guide

Holly, I do see your point. My diet kinda stinks anyhow. It is something I feel I definitely need to work on to improve calmness, happiness and spirituality. But I do feel my bad diet creates energy that could definitely be more positive if I improved on it on eating less and better foods. To be honest, I even feel guilty about eating too much. For many reasons...
And as for fasting, it might just be something I have to try once to see if I enjoy it or not. There are many that swear by it. At the same time, many do not get much out of it at all.
Old 19-03-2014, 10:50 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
Holly, I do see your point. My diet kinda stinks anyhow. It is something I feel I definitely need to work on to improve calmness, happiness and spirituality. But I do feel my bad diet creates energy that could definitely be more positive if I improved on it on eating less and better foods. To be honest, I even feel guilty about eating too much. For many reasons...
And as for fasting, it might just be something I have to try once to see if I enjoy it or not. There are many that swear by it. At the same time, many do not get much out of it at all.

Actually, on the subject of diet i recently changed mine. It's VERY hard to maintain spiritual and emotional balance when you eat meat because of the hormones and chemicals in it. I also don't eat many processed foods or packaged meals.

I also have organic fruit and veg delivered once a week as well as healthy snacks posted to me. I eat raw foods too, just for snacks. Since i started eating like this I've felt a LOT more balanced and a LOT more able to handle what life throws. Food does have a big impact.

I also filter all my water and drink mineral water, because tap water is full of horrible chemicals.

I think if your diet is already bad you will struggle to maintain balance in yourself which makes any spiritual practise you do attempt twice as hard. Again I suppose it depends on the definition of 'fast.'

Going hungry is never good for you because it screws with your metabolism and stresses your body. it also makes you pile on weight in the end, whereas eating little and often and eating good food will just make you feel 100 times better.
Old 19-03-2014, 10:56 PM
Master
I have always fasted before Easter, until one year as we were getting ready for church, I passed out.
My body just can't take it, no matter how healthy my fasting period is, I end up feeling sick and drained. Not being able to fast brought on a lot of guilt for a long time, up until i realized I don't need to fast in order to prove I am worthy of God. Fasting doesn't make me any more spiritual and not fasting any less.
If hallucinating due to lack of nourishment is called spirituality, then I'll probably never get there.
Old 20-03-2014, 04:08 AM
Guide

Holly- Even though my diet is not great, i have still been able to be a spiritual dude. I just feel like the improvement on my diet, which is my biggest challenge, would really help propel me in my quest for spirituality. My breathing techniques, meditation, and reflection is great. More exercise, and a little better sleep are two other things I should prob work on as well.

Hope33- I doubt i'll ever fast to the point where dizziness pursues. I was thinking more along the lines of a fruit and veggie fast. Maybe taking one day out of the week and not eating anything but maybe a health shake in the morning or something along those lines.

peace and calmness are my ultimate goals.
Old 20-03-2014, 10:24 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Holly
I struggle to understand fasting if I'm honest. I can understand eating organic, going vegetarian or eating less food of better quality but fasting always seems a bit unnatural to me. There's no harm in being a bit hungry sometimes, but your body needs a complete nutritional spectrum to stay healthy.

I suppose it depends on what you mean by 'fast' - what do you eat when you fast? Nothing? Just water? Just plain food or what? I think if you're uncomfortably hungry you should eat something healthy, not deny your body what its asking for :)

Hi Holls,

When the self entertains a self that is not so dense, or their focus or awareness is not seduced by one's senses tis likened to being in love, a love that is so strong that nothing is of the mind other than love .

How long can one entertain awareness of something like that where everything else ceases to exist for them is each to their own but it will be a natural process for them .

Fasting is not about intentionally not eating it's about being aware of the self that requires no food thus resulting in not eating .

x daz x
Old 31-03-2014, 01:05 PM
AaronSwift

With the food around in the UK today it is impossible to detox IMO, Western Practitioners feel that all substance enters the body neutrally as in it's all perfectly safe - most people don't access the subtle sub-tropical mind state enough or at all so even marijuana does little to train their minds into noting the true color coded nature of the reptilian/grey agenda - all you really have to do is visit your local supermarket. My Mom is so materialistic it is untrue, the soul has many burdens, to be stressed about another's relative happiness is truly puzzling, lol. True calmness is not Hindu/Buddha egolessness but being perceptive, Karma DOES NOT exist.

"Fasting is not about intentionally not eating it's about being aware of the self that requires no food thus resulting in not eating ."

I freaking LUV that quote and will seek to apply it constantly, thank you.

Not eating gives me energy/ego and my only real appetite for anything bar hot chocolate and mango is bought about by other people frolicking me, food is a mutual "drug"!
Old 01-04-2014, 10:33 AM
Knower
Thought food is drug similarly as life...
...so it's good to learn why we are here and what's role of food.

Any "good materialized" human will be amazed by possibility of non-eating first...
...but only after years could learn if his candle of life didn't burn too fast.
Old 05-04-2014, 10:36 AM
StaroftheSea

I fast (only when healthy ie my iron stores and other minerals and vitamins are sufficiently high) one week on, one week off, (generally a 7 day period and during Lent leading up to the Anniversary of Jesus dying on His Cross) to come closer to Jesus/God as Jesus did in the desert for forty days to beat and conquer satan/evil itself.

It is actually healthy for myself, given that it removes a great deal of toxins from my body, if I drink high volumes of water and consume wholemeal bread while fasting. I do cheat and consume some fruits and veg of an evening on one or two of the evenings, which is not strictly fasting.

This fully opens up my heart to Jesus receiving Him speaking to my heart.

Other people receive their benefits; others do not and cannot fast for health reasons.

Always check with your Doctor/medical practitioner before fasting regularly though.

Kindest wishes
Old 23-04-2014, 01:10 PM
elsa21546

I am fasting on a certain day every week and I must admit that it helps me a lot in feeling great and calm. It was explained to me that fasting is a remedial measurement referring to certain food, which brings us energetic imbalance. It makes sense to avoid the food, that reduces the energy balance and consequently activates the disease. And also one day a week can bring results in a long term.