Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 31-08-2012, 05:06 AM
Master
I know I was because I have a guide who is native american and when I grew up in South Africa I studied native americans a lot and loved that when I moved to America I could get into their roots and culture so much more
Spiritlite.
Old 31-08-2012, 06:46 AM
LucidNinja

this is funny cos i too believe i was native american a while ago in a past life for several reasons, im not anymore whatsoever by blood atm..
Old 01-09-2012, 01:31 PM
Wisa'ka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
I know I was because I have a guide who is native american and when I grew up in South Africa I studied native americans a lot and loved that when I moved to America I could get into their roots and culture so much more
Spiritlite.

And who are you upon waking up in the morning ? Do our ancestor spirits watch over and assist you ?

What about the ancestor spirits of your own people, have you lost touch with them ?
Old 01-09-2012, 03:09 PM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spiritlite
Spiritlite.

Good for you, Spiritlite! It's a rich and powerful heritage... one of many It's lovely that you can re-connect with it!
Old 03-09-2012, 08:27 AM
mikkimanyhawks

Wisa'ka, i have read some of your other posts in the Native American section and you (and others) seem to have an additude that if you are not born into a certain tribe, there is no connection, and you will never be part of it. i might be wrong about you, Wisa'ka, but i know a lot of people do feel this way. i know all this probably sounds very childish. but i am weak right now because i am scared about who i am and who i'm not. i know that is not an excuse, i am just explaining. i just want to know what people think here. i can't fully trust my own heart. because i know so many people would think the way i feel about being Lakota (or even about being Indian) is nonsense, and that makes me so doubtful and afraid, and that makes me weak. earlier today i was in a very good state of mind. i was thinking 'i know who i really am, i know it is the truth, and no one can take it away from me.' but they can. my state of mind is so weak right now, if anyone implies that some people are 'wannabe Indians' or whatever, even if it isn't directed at me, it still hurts.

i am so scared that i really don't know what i'm talking about. can anyone here help me with this at all, or should i go somewhere else? i will try looking inside myself more, but i've done that a lot already, and i always end up believing that i am Indian in the end, even if i tell myself it's not true...sorry that i'm acting so crazy. i hope i'm not being a burden to people here or anything.
Old 03-09-2012, 08:47 AM
Master

Mikki, don't let temporary weakness on one point define you as weak in general. Look at it this way. You are 1/16 Cherokee by blood. But you are 100% Mikki. Draw inspiration from the best of the Cherokee culture to improve yourself, and do the same from other cultures that you have blood or other types of connection with. In the end, what connects you to Mother Earth is your two feet.
Old 03-09-2012, 09:09 AM
mikkimanyhawks

i am not saying i'm a weak person, i'm saying right NOW i am weak and vulnerable, because i'm so confused. fear and doubt are making me weak-minded.

i've just been hoping someone here would have a similar experience. or that someone would be surprised at how strongly i felt about this and believe i really am Lakota, even if not technically. i know that would just be too easy, but i hoped for it anyway.

also, WhiteWarrior, i saw one of your other posts and you said your connection was to the Cherokee. what exactly did you mean??
Old 03-09-2012, 09:37 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikkimanyhawks
i am not saying i'm a weak person, i'm saying right NOW i am weak and vulnerable, because i'm so confused. fear and doubt are making me weak-minded.

i've just been hoping someone here would have a similar experience. or that someone would be surprised at how strongly i felt about this and believe i really am Lakota, even if not technically. i know that would just be too easy, but i hoped for it anyway.

also, WhiteWarrior, i saw one of your other posts and you said your connection was to the Cherokee. what exactly did you mean??

I have a connection to the Cherokee because they decided to adopt me because I have helped them in a previous life. Their claim, not mine, I know very little about my past lives and have near to no memories of them myself, and it was their initiative. I doubt this adoption counts in any legal sense, but I appreciate the act and that they gave me a Cherokee name which I treasure. Since then, I have been approached several times by an ancient Cherokee spirit. I am not going to call myself a Cherokee.

Let me tell you something about my blood heritage. Three out of my four grandparents come from the far north of my country. The fourth was a local, but he died when I was one year old. I never met my grandfather in the north either, only my step grandfather. The one grandparent I had much contact with through my youth was from the far north but lived down here on a small farm, and I visited her many times both with my parents and later. Her house is now my cabin, and I go there often. It is that place I consider my true homeplace and Sacred Land. And indeed, the spirit of that grandmother comes to say hello still to me now and then and tell me to put on more clothes when I walk in the forest she loves as much as me. I have been up north a few times but I have always been a stranger there in every sense of the word, even though I have always been welcome. I think where you belong has a lot to do with where your heart is home. The places I grew up on never had any kind of hold on me.

I can see that you are very focused on the Cherokee part of your heritage. I have no intention of discouraging you from seeking it, but I fear that even if you were 15/16 Cherokee it would still be hard for you to be considered one in full if you was not raised on a reservation, felt the oppression or the unity of the people or saw the best and worst parts of reservation life from close up. Give the tribe your respect, open your heart for them, and maybe your path will one day in the fullness of time lead to you fully becoming one of them. Stranger events happen all the time. But patience and hope must be your friends.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:08 AM
mikkimanyhawks

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteWarrior
I can see that you are very focused on the Cherokee part of your heritage. I have no intention of discouraging you from seeking it, but I fear that even if you were 15/16 Cherokee it would still be hard for you to be considered one in full if you was not raised on a reservation, felt the oppression or the unity of the people or saw the best and worst parts of reservation life from close up. Give the tribe your respect, open your heart for them, and maybe your path will one day in the fullness of time lead to you fully becoming one of them. Stranger events happen all the time. But patience and hope must be your friends.

first of all i was talking about being considered Lakota, not Cherokee (which i know is near impossible, i'm just hoping i'll meet someone who knew me in a past life or who somehow understands the connection). also, i never expected to be totally accepted by a whole community of people, Lakota OR Cherokee, because i haven't had the whole 'experience'. i can completely understand that. i'm just hoping that i will be accepted and thought of as part Lakota by SOMEONE special someday. i'm interested in pretty much all tribes, i just feel most connected to Lakota people, i've had a dream with Lakota language in it, etc. i'm also very interested in the southwestern and Mexican tribes (i think i'm also related to some tribes from there, don't know for certain). i don't really need 'official status', i just want to be who i want to be! and i have no other connection as strong as this, and i can't imagine one. i'm trying to find someone who will understand this connection, and embrace it as who i am.
Old 03-09-2012, 10:32 AM
Master

I see; what this boils down to is your desire to find a future partner who will accept your connection with the American Indians. In that case we move from spirituality to relationship advice. I for one am certain that you will find potential partners who have no problem with that - we live in a very diverse world.