Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 12-01-2019, 02:19 PM
Master
*Raw Recipes*

I would like to start this thread to hopefully inspire me, and others who are interested, to eat more raw foods, or if you already do, perhaps find tastier combinations.

I do want to say that I believe that there is a lot of truth to the science of food combining, and that mono-meals of one food are best for the body, but I am going to put that aside for this thread because I am not near that kind of goal yet anyway. I guess that the best way to make change is to do it in baby steps (or leaps if you're so inspired) and just eating more raw food in general is a wonderful worthwhile start.

Raw food is still alive, has negative ion or electron content which feeds the body in ways beyond nutrition, is generally alkalizing, and can be delicious as well as divine.

Share any raw food recipes you'd like here, and if you want to link a youtube video or something feel free, but please also write the recipe down here if you don't mind.

I don't have a lot of experience with raw recipes at this point, but here is my simple contribution of a few to start the thread. forgive me beforehand for not including exact measurements as I probably won't or you may need to tweak them if I do lol, I don't use them in the kitchen.. which is probably why I've never been a decent baker hehe. thanks for coming!

Without further ado~

*Cashew Cheesecake Concoction*

2 cups raw cashews
1 cup raw pecans
6 medjool dates
2 tablespoons lemon juice
1 1/2 cups water
pinch pink salt

Blend cashews, about a cup of water, 3 medjool dates, lemon juice, and tiny sprinkle of salt until creamy texture

Puree pecans and about 1/3 cup of water with 3 medjool dates and sprinkle of salt until well mixed

Press pecan puree into pan or dish bottom, then pour cashew mixture on top

Try as is or get more creative and top with extra lemon slices, possibly dipped in date syrup, or other fruit such as strawberries, blueberries, pineapple, mango, etc.

notes: soak cashews and pecans in pure water for at least 4 hours or overnight before using as this washes away antinutrients present in most nuts, seeds, legumes, grains, etc. and opens up more nutrition and enzyme content. also soak dates at least 15 minutes and peel skin off for best results

*Pico de Gallo, Salsa, Guacamole or Bruschetta Topping*

4 large tomatoes
1 green bell pepper
1 poblano pepper
1/3 round onion
2 green onions
1 clove garlic
sprinkle of salt
lime optional
salad greens or any vegetables you want to dip or top

Chop tomatoes, peppers, and round onion (red, purple, white, yellow, brown, whichever you prefer) to preferred size, or just in large chunks if making salsa

Slice green onions lengthwise, dice finely and then mince garlic

Mix all ingredients together with sprinkle of salt and squeeze of lime juice if desired

*To make salsa simply mix together in blender til desired consistency

*To make guacamole, add a tablespoon or two of pico de gallo, salsa, or combination per each mashed avocado

*To make bruschetta topping, omit any peppers if you like and add chopped kalamata olives, extra clove of garlic, and if you enjoy the taste try substituting the zanginess of balsamic vinegar with a smidgen of apple cider vinegar and coconut aminos

well, those are my easy but hopefully tasty raw recipes to start with. Welcome and thank you again for coming, I look forward to seeing and trying out some of your contributions to this thread
Old 15-01-2019, 10:35 PM
Newbie ;)

Oh excellent! Thanks, for sharing, I love raw food. I do soak certain nuts, but am not entirely sold on that phytic acid story - however I noticed that the water that is left from soaking seems to be good for the skin and I wouldn't be too surprised if it would be a good idea to water plants with them.
Old 20-01-2019, 08:20 PM
Master
I make a few raw recipes, mostly salad combo”s. Ive done a lot of sweet ones but find the high amount of certain nuts like cashews overloads my system. Nowadays I tend to make mainly these little protein/energy type balls every now and then, as a snack and adjust the recipe according to what I have in stock.

I cup of almonds (I personally find almonds lighter in raw food recipe)
1/2 cup desicated coconut
1 tlbs cacao powder
Handful of fresh mint chopped
6 dates chopped
Vanilla essence
Honey or maple syrup (I just add and taste to work out sweetness)
Cacao nibs 1/3 cup

Blend all dry ingredients in food processor, then add vanilla, dates (a few at a time till moist and rollable) Add mint and cacao nibs till just blended through. Roll into balls, then roll in cacao nibs slightly blended in the blender to rough small pieces. Refrigerate and eat when firm.

You can make any type balls using the nuts and dates as your main, I have added chia seeds, orange peel, muesli, pepitas, sultanas, flaxseeds...anything that creates a healthy alternate blend.
Old 27-01-2019, 12:48 PM
Master
Those sound tasty and hearty JustBe! and definitely decadently capable of satisfying indulgent cravings. I am pretty awful at baking desserts though I love them very much lol, so that is probably a good thing and perhaps I could find a niche crafting raw desserts.

I bet my baby would really enjoy something like your recipe and the extra nutrition would be even better for her. She is 14 months old and we're afraid of feeding her a lot of solid foods so this could be a great way to give her a lot of nourishment and encourage independent feeding. I've got to get more dates, I ordered some wonderful ones from Amazon online last time, so much moister and tantalizing than ones I've gotten in stores!
I only have one left I've been saving haha I guess experimenting with some little treats like this for my baby would be a great use of it. I've only got cashews but I happened to just get them and have them soaking right now, and I have coconut manna, so maybe my resulting snack will be more like a pudding for now but I'll plan to make something more substantial such as your recipe soon Thanks for the sweet idea!

Thank you for your post SolarBlue what do you think is the truth or reality behind phytic acid and all that? I think it makes sense but I can't say I've done the most extensive research about it. I'm sure you've heard that soaking them also opens up more nutrients and enzymes n stuff, is that why you still soak some anyway? yeah it is amazing what can be good for the skin, it seems like almost any natural food can be! like recently I read someone talking about how awesome chickpea flour was for their face, and then when I think about it well there are cucumbers for the eyes or inflammation and all sorts of fruits used for facials and exfoliation and on and on..

I guess nature is pretty cool like that, though I do think that some things are better left just on our bodies and not necessarily put into them. but my inquisitive mind wants to understand why or how that can be the case, like is applying vegetable oil on the skin really that worthwhile when taking refined oils internally poses certain threats? while still having potential benefits it seems to also cause harm internally, so is it totally benign when used on the skin or does the fact that the skin absorbs mean that similar unwanted effects occur internally when it's used externally? lol sorry this is not on topic, I just wonder about a lot of things and like to think of the links of stuff together. Nature is wondrous and in my understanding tries to make the best of what it is given so I suppose it's a matter of how much waste or undesirable components there are to a given thing versus what positive potential there is, and how efficient the example of nature is, be it a plant or us or something else.. In most cases it seems some nourishment is better than none even if there is baggage attached to it, so I'd bet the plant would really appreciate that water (I mean gardens even love cow poo right? lol) very interesting topic. As is the subject of soaking nuts and seeds which is worth exploring more
Old 29-01-2019, 05:24 PM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez

Thank you for your post SolarBlue what do you think is the truth or reality behind phytic acid and all that? I think it makes sense but I can't say I've done the most extensive research about it. I'm sure you've heard that soaking them also opens up more nutrients and enzymes n stuff, is that why you still soak some anyway? yeah it is amazing what can be good for the skin, it seems like almost any natural food can be! like recently I read someone talking about how awesome chickpea flour was for their face, and then when I think about it well there are cucumbers for the eyes or inflammation and all sorts of fruits used for facials and exfoliation and on and on..

I guess nature is pretty cool like that, though I do think that some things are better left just on our bodies and not necessarily put into them. but my inquisitive mind wants to understand why or how that can be the case, like is applying vegetable oil on the skin really that worthwhile when taking refined oils internally poses certain threats? while still having potential benefits it seems to also cause harm internally, so is it totally benign when used on the skin or does the fact that the skin absorbs mean that similar unwanted effects occur internally when it's used externally? lol sorry this is not on topic, I just wonder about a lot of things and like to think of the links of stuff together. Nature is wondrous and in my understanding tries to make the best of what it is given so I suppose it's a matter of how much waste or undesirable components there are to a given thing versus what positive potential there is, and how efficient the example of nature is, be it a plant or us or something else.. In most cases it seems some nourishment is better than none even if there is baggage attached to it, so I'd bet the plant would really appreciate that water (I mean gardens even love cow poo right? lol) very interesting topic. As is the subject of soaking nuts and seeds which is worth exploring more

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I love your vivid curiosity Sapphirez, I can relate since I'm asking often similarly when I do my research - which plays into the reason for making the somewhat skeptical comment on phytic acids.

Tbh I don't really know myself very well - and that's what I think some of the online material could be a little bit more transparent about - I think a lot of them do say things without much foundation, but utilize the semantics of factuality relatively losely. My current stance is that the effects of soaking is a relative matter and it applies to different nuts differently - some of the nuts are relatively different plants - while for some you use the word nuts just colloquially. Overall I still feel like learning the basics.

I soak most nuts, except pinenuts and cashews, for brazil nuts I eat so little I don't bother soaking 3 nuts, but huh you should see what the water looks like after you soaked a bigger batch of brazil nuts, they do create slime. The only time I soak cashews and pinenuts is if they're needed for having a certain consistency (creamy-smooth) or when I make yoghurt from them and you want to have a more delicate taste.

I tend to eat more nuts than the average person, cause when you're travelling a lot, it's much easier when you can get condensed and imperishable food.

Sometimes I miss the old nature wisdom of people (druids, witches, nature beings etc.) who knew what plants do exactely what to different organisms, such as our own.

My best guess is in order to find out what works for you more concretely, someone would have to do a more intuitive approach and get in touch with nature and you body - which can be complemented by some scientific awareness of trial and error, I suspect that's mostly how the old nature wisdom has come by anyway.

The good thing about the raw diet is that you can feel clear and interested enough to have the discernment what's doing what to you.
Old 06-02-2019, 09:00 PM
Master
yeah it's interesting trying to see which nuts or seeds or grains are truly what we assume they are. I guess that almonds and cashews aren't even nuts? And I was glad to learn that quinoa and buckwheat are seeds not grains. But the thing about phytic acid or other 'antinutrients' is that they're present in many foods of all three categories, or 4 including legumes. So not all of them have it or in threatening amounts, but for other reasons it may be better to soak them. Especially of course if you want to use the nut or whatever for creating a cream or milk, etc.. which I see you said in your post later down lol. That is cool you've made your own yogurt, I've wanted to try that but am weary of it just becoming rancid instead lol.. how do you do yours?

I like the idea of nature wisdom beings. I've said I wish I had God's map of the Earth so I'd know precisely what "he" wanted us to do or not do with certain things lol, but you're right there are, or at least have been, those more in touch with these answers. I mean thankfully we have the benefit of so many years and advanced technology and collection of information to find the answers therein, but with that also comes a slew of misinformation and complete falsehoods many people have come to accept as fact when it's the opposite. I think it is possible to find the truth though. Sometimes it takes years hehe and our understanding grows in cycles if we are following rightful paths. It is nice to stumble upon a teacher or person who knows a lot of the truths and shares them in a convincing way though, but it also depends on your prior learning and communion with life/nature to determine how much of that message you can absorb, assimilate, and also apply in your life and understanding.

At least that is what is required in a world polluted with lies and misleading paths. If reality was more righteous then people would just be born and brought up knowing more of the important information and how to live in touch with nature and themselves. I think it comes down to commonsense after all's said and done because it's like duh we are nature so why would we not need nature? and oh all the animals eat raw fresh food, why should we be different in that sense? But it gets a bit trickier understanding what foods are really best or were made specifically for us, or at what time or dosage or preparation, or combination etc lol. However I think once you have a foundational understanding of certain things, and a more meaningful relationship with yourself, then when you hear or come upon new truths, you can intuit that they are true or missing pieces to the puzzle you've been putting together.

Yes the human intuition is not to be understated or underestimated, and you're right it seems we can be clearer to comprehend what is happening to us internally when we eat more clean and fresh with a raw diet.

I have been seeking answers and trying different things to heal myself for so many years, and now I feel like I have the solutions I've sought, but I'm still so tangled in the wrong ways of living and habits that I don't "have the energy" to do the good things I know I should lol. but I know that baby step processes are worthwhile even if they are slow. and I guess on that note I have made many amazing changes so I know it's important to be patient and understanding with yourself too. It seems like I or we have to dismantle everything detrimental or unnecessary all at once, but the truth is that every positive healthful thing we do is a great step in the right direction and just doing good things automatically results in us doing less bad or negative things, because we can't do damage when we're busy healing or progressing positively. and even if we revert back to unworthy habits and consumption, as long as we keep doing at least some of what we know we should, and growing our interest and understanding then we'll end up ahead, where we need to be.

So here we are and using and sharing raw recipes is one nice way to inspire those little positive changes that can make a giant difference! I started eating only fruit for breakfast cuz I want to eat more but it's a hard habit to get into. It's been easy enough luckily but I still am eating way too much cooked and unhealthy food.. so I need to incorporate more raw recipes into my day after that to keep me on track in the right direction

If we go a savory route for lunch or dinner let's see here is a kind of salad I could enjoy eating perhaps on a daily basis

arugula or other greens
green pepper
green onions
cucumber
avocado
tomato
garlic

Add any other vegetables of course, but those are some of my favorite combinations. maybe some herbs too like cilantro. and then if you want top it with either whole nuts, or a dressing made with them. and I like to sprinkle pink salt on almost all vegetables I eat lol

yummm

what kind of 'savory salads' do you like best or tend to eat?