Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Affirmations > Manifesting, Creating, & The Law of Attraction

Old 05-07-2016, 06:44 AM
Newbie ;)

Exclamation REQUEST FOR HELP-family problems

Dear community,

Newbie to the forums. Looking for some advice, quite desperately, although I know there are people out there with more serious problems this one is just getting me down so any advice people can spare will be greatly appreciated.

I have been an avid LOA enthusiast for some years now and had some success over the years but on the whole more often than not it has been without trying. There have only been a few occasions I have managed to actively manifest which I will maybe post about another time. My husband is not into all this at all but does acknowledge that he seems to do it naturally with no effort whatsoever and this is what has brought me to ask for some advice.

Husband comes from a large family, lots of siblings that have never particularly been close and things have now been made worse by their father gifting him with 2 houses and land. He has been told he would inherit this since he was a child and none of the other siblings(except one) were aware of this so husband has always been happy about this but modest and just looking forward to making the most of the opportunity to develop etc he has always been very good to his dad regardless of this and very grateful. However instead of leaving it in a will as originally planned the dad has now transferred it all to husband and now siblings are all upset (understandably).

I have never thought this was fair, I don't believe parents should have favourites but I too have been excited to make the most of this opportunity until now. Things have been slowly getting worse. One brother has disowned both husband and dad, one sis (who actually knew about the will but we can only assume thought it would never actually be finalised) has been very judgemental even though in the past she said she was happy for husband she made the most fuss at first and denies to the rest that she knew all along. Another sister acted like she wasn't bothered and today lashed out at husband and threw a tantrum saying he had be deceitful and was greedy etc because he wouldn't do something she asked him to do as he was looking after our child and implied that I am deceitful too. The other brothers have distanced themselves totally from us.

It's so sad, I want my husband to have a positive relationship with his siblings and for them to see that husband has not accepted this gift in order to hurt them but to better himself.. He is the youngest of the family and they lost their mother young he stayed at home to look after her in her illness gave up college etc and then looked after dad through his grief and then subsequent illnesses too. He never asked for anything, the rest went off and got success and never bothered with the dad and now hate that the dad favours husband. This sister who knew has always been the most successful in the family and I think she feels threatened by husband having more than her on some level. She is the one I miss the most in all this despite seeing another side to her lately, I used to look up to her as she is great in business and very wealthy and also very generous and I found her inspiring.

We have a beautiful baby and we know this opportunity will secure a future for her (financially) but at the moment we have no support and it's sad that she won't have her cousins to play with at this rate. We can't even arrange a christening as it's unlikely his family will come.
I keep telling husband to be positive not to talk negatively about them but he is deeply hurt and it's his way of coping and things seem to be getting worse. I too am finding it a struggle to pray for them and send out positive thoughts about them.

What can I do to fix this situation and heal the relationships? I want to actively manifest a solution and just need some suggestions on how please.

I am currently just doing affirmations and visualising a happy close knit family and forgiveness all around but I am willing to try anything.
Or are we the problem??

Many thanks in advance
Flowers
Old 05-07-2016, 12:57 PM
Guide
Hi Flowers27, Oooh, this is a tough situation; my mother's family went through something identical and it caused problems between the siblings for YEARS. Very sad situation and its understandable that all parties are hurt.

To answer your question, what would be the best approach to resolve this situation via the LOA, here is my suggestion: Calculate the cost of the two houses and land. Let's just say it comes to $500,000 and there's five siblings. So, about $100,000 each if everything was sold today.

Set an intention and utilize the LOA for $400,000 to be divided between the four siblings, as your husband would "buy out" their shares if the property were equally willed/divided. It doesn't seem that the siblings are grieving the loss of their relationship with the father, but the loss of inheritance. Manifest their shares of the inheritance and everyone won't be able to argue about it. And have complete 100% faith that this money will come to you. Best wishes!

Hope is praying for rain; Faith is bringing an umbrella
Old 05-07-2016, 02:12 PM
Newbie ;)

Sojourner2013, thank you so much for your response. That thought has crossed my mind but I think they are so stubborn they wouldn't take the money, well a couple may but they are overall a stubborn bunch.
It's so sad feeling they are all against us, I want to have happy times again with them even though my husband has never been very close to them we occasionally had nice family meals and events and all the children got on well. Now we are pushed aside and they are all spending time together and excluding us!
I think at the moment it would be so easy to just think"forget them" but I'm not that way inclined and I tend to see the good in people but it's so frustrating and saddening!
Old 05-07-2016, 03:44 PM
Experiencer

Well, Flowers...it appears to me the base problem is selfishness...be it materialistic or jealousy. I recently went through a similar situation with my oldest sister, who I once admired and was my favorite sibling. For decades I made excuses for her actions (and her husbands). It was only when my mom died that I was finally able to put the pieces together and begin to realize the truth of the matter. It's way too long to go into specifics here concerning how she and her husband practiced shameful deceit in order to benefit financially (selfishness).
It was hard at first, but I severed contact with her. I've come to a place in spirituality where when love of self brings one to the point of ill will, I feel like "what you sew, so shall you reap" and don't worry about it. I don't miss or even begrudge the materialism they've garnered...it's the shameless selfish deceit that saddens me. My sister has since developed Alzheimer's and her husband is not dealing well with it. Their fake lives they've showed and reveled in based on their selfishness is crashing. I don't take joy or feel vindication in this happening to them at all...I merely feel that this is what happens with such people, and it's indeed sad.

So, Flowers, I'm not giving you advice. I'm only relating my personal experience in a similar occurrence and how I've come to see it.

Even though it sounds like it'll be a sad road for you and your husband, I wish you good luck with whatever the two of you come to in your situation.