Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 31-03-2016, 04:46 PM
Knower

This is a very simple recipe I got attached to when I was at college and looking for simple plant-based "staples."

1. Baby spinach
2. Tofu
3. Sliced almonds or other nuts
4. Bragg's amino acid sauce

I liked this one because it was crunchy, salty, and gave me enough fiber and protein. And the ingredients were always around in the cafeteria. I probably eat this at least once a day.
Old 29-09-2016, 03:42 PM
Experiencer
Cake

I have been baking my own bread for about 2 years now. Feels great. Home made cooking has got a hold of me.
I started baking cake too. I will give you my basic recipe and a few flavors I use.
I add a B12 supplement to my cakes and bread to meet my B12 needs. If you have a different way to get your B12, skip this.
As you can see I added the percentages for sugar and oil. You can check this with the English food trafficlight system. These values are within range.

The combination of flour from grains and legumes make this a well balanced source of proteins. imo.

I sieve the flour and sugar to make it looser. You get a smoother cake from it.

Dry ingredients
150 g wheat flour
100 g chickpea flour/ garbonzo flour
100 g sugar (of which 90 gram inverted/extra sweet sugar) (14%)
25 g cornflour
3.5 g baking soda
6 g salt, iodised
1 pce B12 1000mcg tablet (optional)

Wet ingredients
190 g soy- or nutmilk
80 g olive oil (11%)
65 g lukewarm water
15 g apple vinegar

Construction instructions
Grease a large enough pan with coconut oil. Coconut oil is very heat resistent. I prefer it far over sunflower oil.
Sieve the dry ingredients in a bowl. Grind the B12 tablet and add it. Use a whisker to mix everything together.
Put all the wet ingredients in another bowl. Whisk it through.
Add the dry to the wet ingredients.
Use a mixer with whisk tool to blend into a smooth batter. High speed for about 3 minutes.
Poor the batter in the pan. Use a spatula to get the last drop from the bowl. You paid for it.
Put it in the oven. Switch it on and bake for about 70 minutes at 170 degrees Celsius.
Take it out and let it cool in the pan.

Custom flavors

Cake and gingerbread spices
10 g cake and gingerbread spices
6 g vanilla essence

Ginger cake
use brown inverted sugar instead of white inverted sugar
60 g sweetened ginger for baking, mash it up in a food processor together with the milk and water. Otherwise it will sink to the bottom in your baking pan.
6 g vanilla essence

In the future I am going to try it with a tin of pine apple slices. Or cherries on syrup.

Last edited by mogenblue : 29-09-2016 at 04:58 PM.
Old 02-10-2016, 12:37 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogenblue
25 g cornflour
That should be corn starch. It's a binding agent.
Old 05-05-2017, 03:35 AM
Experiencer
Bean carre

Baking instructions

Soak the beans overnight, rinse and cook them in a large pan with 1 liter water in 40 to 60 minutes. Lentils take about 20 minutes, split peas 30 minutes, most other beans 40 minutes and kidney beans take 60 minutes.
Chop the beans fine in a blender together with the cooking moist, tahini, onion and spices.
Pour it over in a bowl. Add seeds and flour and kneed into a sticky dough. A kneeding machine makes life easier.
Grease a siliconemat with peanut or olive oil. Put the dough on it and roll it out with a dough roller into a big square cook of about 27x27 cm or 30x27 cm.
Move it on a baking plate. Cover it with thin foil and let it stiff up in the fridge for a few hours.

Bake the carre in the middle of the oven for about 30-35 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
Turn it around after 15 minutes.
Cut it into 9 or 12 square pieces and store them by 2 in the freezer.
Thaw them by 2 in the fridge when you want to use it.
Warm them up in the micro wave in 45 sec per piece prior to consumption.

Ingredients

600 g cooked beans
(250 g dry beans, lentils, peas, etc.)
150-400 g cooking moist
60 g tahini
1 fine cut onion
30-40g spices
or 70 g currypaste

40 g seeds (flax, sunflower, etc)
30-100g chickpea flour
170-200 g vital wheat flour
Old 05-05-2017, 08:33 AM
Experiencer
Tomato ketchup

Kitchen magic

Put all the ingredients in a sauce pan. Bring it to the boil while stirring. Let it simmer for 10 minutes.
Let it cool for 10 minutes and pour it in a glass jar. You need a jar of at least 720 ml.
Cooling the ketchup ensures the jar will not break from the heat.
Save the ketchup in the fridge. It will stay good for at least 6 weeks (if it will last that long).

Ingredients

280 g tomato puree
60 g sugar
½ tsp salt
2 tsp onionpowder
½ tsp garlic powder
½ tsp clove powder

200 g water
220-230 g vinegar
Old 05-05-2017, 06:18 PM
Ascender
Vegan Mini Pizza's

1 pre-package of mini individual pizza crusts or 1/4 pre-packaged pizza crust
1 liberal coating of pizza sauce

Optional Toppings
Yellow Onion
Red Bell Pepper
sun-dried tomatoes
spinach
summer squash
olives
mushrooms
vegan pepperoni
vegan cheese
chopped and roasted garlic

Special instructions:
Pre-Slice and roast onions and bell pepper before adding to the pizza.
Add sun-dried tomatoes directly on pizza sauce followed by roasted onions and bell peppers.
Add all other toppings but save garlic for the very top so it will bake to heavenly perfection.
Old 09-01-2018, 10:11 AM
Newbie ;)

Cardomom Spiced Pancakes With Homemade Date Jam

This recipe sounds delicious! I unfortunately failed at making it last time because it got stuck to the pan (my bad, not enough oil I think) but the taste was good!

Serves 3-4 (yields 8 large pancakes)

1 cup of wholewheat pastry flour
1/2 cup plain flour
1 heaping tsp of baking powder
pinch of sea salt
1/2 tsp cardamom powder
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 a banana
1 tsp vanilla essence
1 tbsp agave nectar or brown sugar
1 tbsp coconut oil – melted
1 1/2 cups of soy milk
1 flax “egg” (1 tbsp of ground flaxseed mixed with 2-3 tbsp warm water and left aside to gel)
Combine the flours, baking powder, salt, and spices in a large mixing bowl.
Either blend or combine the wet ingredients (vanilla essence, coconut oil, soy milk and flax egg and agave nectar) with the banana (you can mash it well if you don’t want to use a blender). Add wet to dry and mix until just combined. Add additional soy milk if the batter is looking too thick.
Add the batter in 1/4 cup increments to a greased pan or griddle on low-medium heat. As always, flip once the edges are set and little bubbles start to form.

Date Jam

1/2 cup soft pitted dates
pinch of sea salt and cinnamon
2 tbsp water
Soak dates in warm water for 5 minutes then drain, reserving some water for blending. To a small food processor add the dates, sea salt, cinnamon and 1 tbsp of water. Pulse until you get the desired consistency, adding more water as you go along.
For a processor free method, soak the dates a little longer so that they are very pliable (10 minutes or so) and chop finely. Mix with other ingredients and mash together with a fork.