Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 31-10-2015, 11:45 AM
Knower
Finding Spirituality

Namastey,

Spirituality is search for sacred. Some chant mantras, Some buy spiritual products and some of themdo online Puja. But the connection of every different mode of worship is Divine God. Even I have seen some people fill themselves with Spiritual malas, Gemstone rings and Rudraksha's. Does all these things work?
Can listening to spiritual music, bhajans and wearing spiritual Japa malas help us to connect to divine?

~Hari Om
Old 31-10-2015, 02:54 PM
Angel1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Om

Can listening to spiritual music, bhajans and wearing spiritual
Japa malas help us to connect to divine?

~Hari Om
A flower can help us connect to the Divine...
one sentence can...a smile can...one inhale.

It is perspective or point of view or belief.
If one person sees chanting as silly....but another really
believes it will bring him connection...both are correct!
Belief is one of the most powerful forces in the Universe.

What is a Rudraksha?

Oh I looked it up! I never knew that was their name.
I have those. I called them sandalwood beads, haha!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 31-10-2015, 04:03 PM
Experiencer
If flowers have scents :)
Old 31-10-2015, 07:34 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Namastey,

Spirituality is search for sacred. Some chant mantras, Some buy spiritual products and some of themdo online Puja. But the connection of every different mode of worship is Divine God. Even I have seen some people fill themselves with Spiritual malas, Gemstone rings and Rudraksha's. Does all these things work?
Can listening to spiritual music, bhajans and wearing spiritual Japa malas help us to connect to divine?

~Hari Om
In the short run they may serve as something of a steady reminder of our spiritual leanings. Our day to day world is really quite compelling so having an object that we can project our spiritual qualities on-to can serve to shift focus in certain ways that can be helpful.

But are they necessary and do they work? I clearly don't feel they're necessary and, as observed by Miss Hepburn, the mileage will very, depending upon an individuals driving habits.

The reason I'm fairly certain that they're not necessary is that my own experiences with OBE's, Lucid dreaming, and, the more puzzling, precognition's, they each long preceded any previous "knowledge" on my part that such things existed. I wasn't dressing in outfits, I wasn't meditating or doing chants, I have never liked jewelry of any kind to the point where I don't even wear a watch, and yet somehow these things just happened, and this starting at a fairly young age. There were very few books to read at the time of my early occurrences so even when I was deeply interested in finding out what these experiences meant, there was nowhere for me to go for such info.

Trust me that sucked, but it did drive home this one point that likely saved me a lot of messy-later-attachments to "things" that I already knew weren't ultimately required. And if you think about the spiritually inspired people, that many traditions are built upon, none of them had instruments of magical qualities or ways of dressing that stands out as being significant. Buddha was just Buddha sitting blissfully under a tree. Jesus was living hand to mouth with no belongings that bears mentioning.. so at least among the big boys of ancient lore there is no sign of needing crystals, or listening to certain music, or dressing in any way beyond the 'ordinary' for the time.

There are arguments that can be made that there's perhaps some secret technology that's been hidden from us that could utilize such things, but when I consider that such "spiritual encounters" came to me on their own (and this without my having made a single conscious attempt at moving one inch in that direction) I've been left with the impression that they're not 'really' necessary when it comes to ones inner experience with our soul.
Old 02-11-2015, 04:51 AM
Knower
Angel1

Quote:
Oh I looked it up! I never knew that was their name.
I have those. I called them sandalwood beads, haha!

Namastey Miss Hepburn,

Oh Yeah, The picture is of Rudraksha mala. This is what I am talking about. The aroma of these beads is very soothing. I have one 5 Mukhi Rudraksha along with that have 7 Mukhi Rudraksha mala. that is why i hade the doubt whether I should use this mala for chanting or not. But thanks for your statement of Belief. Trust is one thing that should be there while worshipping the divine.
Old 02-11-2015, 05:11 AM
Knower
Quote:
I have never liked jewelry of any kind to the point. There were very few books to read at the time of my early occurrences so even when I was deeply interested in finding out what these experiences meant, there was nowhere for me to go for such info.
Trust me that sucked,

Namastey Organic born,

First of all, Rudraksha mala is not a jewelry. Good to see that you read books. But clear one thing hinduism has 33 crores gods. India has so many temples and people worship god and and visit these temples in large number. What do you think are they doing wrong.
When I started understanding things I also didn't believed in so many spiritual things but now after seeing that people visit church, temples, perform Puja they find their way to connect to Divine power.
But still many wrong things happen or people are fooled under the name of Spirituality and God. What can be the solution for this?

~Hari Om
Old 02-11-2015, 09:55 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Namastey Organic born,

First of all, Rudraksha mala is not a jewelry. Good to see that you read books. But clear one thing hinduism has 33 crores gods. India has so many temples and people worship god and and visit these temples in large number. What do you think are they doing wrong.
When I started understanding things I also didn't believed in so many spiritual things but now after seeing that people visit church, temples, perform Puja they find their way to connect to Divine power.
But still many wrong things happen or people are fooled under the name of Spirituality and God. What can be the solution for this?

~Hari Om

Doing wrong? I'm not sure that's a viable issue when it comes to our spiritual orientation as humans. As humans we are essentially contained within a definition-of-self, that we manufactured, based on the components of experience that surrounds us. We are also being bound by our senses. Adding to all this is there's hardly a memory, if any at all, as to who we were before this process began. So we're stuck using physical clues in in our attempts to study things that aren't physical in terms of our senses.

So a manufactured sense-of-self
A world view being derived from our senses
No memory of where we came from
And all this taking place within a very narrow window of time.

Our physical "senses" are at the root of our current perceptions.
It's suggested that were we to draw a line that represented everything that is now known about the various frequencies of matter that surrounds us,
and we stretched this line from L.A. to New York,
and should we then focus on that part of our line that we could perceive through our senses,
it would only amount to about an inch or two.

So that inch or two is our current focus and obsession. We can indeed address this and make this very narrow segment of possibility into a perfected experience but this won't address what's beyond that.

These religions and temples and churches all talk about things that are much greater, but they're still bound by phyical perceptions and the various assumptions that comes with our current narrow band of exposure.

And this most likely is a good thing. If we chose to be here, in order to absorb this particular wavelength of experience, then that's where our attention should be focused. If we feel better while paying homage to a greater form of existence then any of the toys that we want to employ along those lines may prove useful in support of relaxing our concerns. But it's your consciousness where everything's happening. The toys are just props, and only have the kinds of value that our current-sense-of-self is prone to invest in them. The term "toys" also applies to various forms of thinking about things, including religions, philosophies.. any style of thought that is formed out of our interaction with physical entanglements.

Some toys may actually serve to stretch our perceptions perhaps a quarter of inch to either side of what we currently experience. This could actually feel "huge" compared to what everyone else seems to perceive. But in the big picture it's only a bump.
Old 03-11-2015, 04:25 AM
Knower
Namastey Organic mind,

So deep thoughts and well understanding You have. I am amazed that how small things can relate to every bit of happiness in our lives. We find happiness and spirituality in the things that give us happiness only for short time. eg: buying Gold for God, donating a huge amount of charity. But the same can be attained by worshiping God by visiting temples, singing bhajans and donating to the needy.

~Hari Om
Old 03-11-2015, 08:50 AM
Newbie ;)

I connected with my spirituality when I disconnected the term from religion and the idea of one God. Spirituality to me is simply being in tune with the universe on a non body level. Mind and heart and spirit and soul.

It's difficult to maintain that level of connectedness when you're going through a tough time in your life but it still remains the right way forward as far as I'm concerned.
Old 03-11-2015, 08:08 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Namastey Organic mind,

So deep thoughts and well understanding You have. I am amazed that how small things can relate to every bit of happiness in our lives. We find happiness and spirituality in the things that give us happiness only for short time. eg: buying Gold for God, donating a huge amount of charity. But the same can be attained by worshiping God by visiting temples, singing bhajans and donating to the needy.

~Hari Om
In which case that's exactly what you need to be doing! There's a difference between theory and experience. If you find yourself intimately drawn to something then you need to be moving in that direction. There are likely people that you need to meet among those settings, and aspects within yourself that need expressing. It would seem that you've just answered your own question. :)