Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Hinduism

Old 13-12-2013, 09:34 AM
Luv To Be Spiritual

Thanx sir! I remember it, I experienced Lord Shiva in everything but at that time my mind is clear and thoughts are stable now I think, I have to stable my mind to gain that perception again! N sir how much time u do sadhna of lord shiva? :)
Old 13-12-2013, 12:51 PM
kumarjitghoshal

Om Namaha Shivaya
Old 13-12-2013, 01:11 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv To Be Spiritual
Thanx sir! I remember it, I experienced Lord Shiva in everything but at that time my mind is clear and thoughts are stable now I think, I have to stable my mind to gain that perception again! N sir how much time u do sadhna of lord shiva? :)

Like I said, I'm retired, so comparison is out of the question. Right now I do about an hour of personal sadhana every morning in the home shrine, and I go to temple daily because I took a once a day for a year vow. That takes about 2 hours. Then there's some reading, hatha yoga, etc. on top of that.

The goal to keep Siva in mind always is to go to sleep on his mantra, than awaken on the same syllable you fell asleep on. I haven't quite mastered that yet.

But the discipline is so key... not getting angry, stepping with a confidence born of humility ... all that jazz. Sadhana is easier when emotions are somewhat under control.
Old 13-12-2013, 01:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka
Like I said, I'm retired, so comparison is out of the question. Right now I do about an hour of personal sadhana every morning in the home shrine, and I go to temple daily because I took a once a day for a year vow. That takes about 2 hours. Then there's some reading, hatha yoga, etc. on top of that.

The goal to keep Siva in mind always is to go to sleep on his mantra, than awaken on the same syllable you fell asleep on. I haven't quite mastered that yet.

But the discipline is so key... not getting angry, stepping with a confidence born of humility ... all that jazz. Sadhana is easier when emotions are somewhat under control.

Lovely, I love to hear others who `practice`. it reminds of a phrase baba used to say, `take one step toward God and he will take a hundred towards you`. Every single bit of effort we put into our saddhana is much more than matched by gods grace back.
Old 13-12-2013, 02:02 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
Lovely, I love to hear others who `practice`. it reminds of a phrase baba used to say, `take one step toward God and he will take a hundred towards you`. Every single bit of effort we put into our saddhana is much more than matched by gods grace back.

So ... what do you do for 'practice'. Practice in quotes because I think it's a 24-7 occupation. The subconscious is truly programmed when you dream Hindu practice.
Old 13-12-2013, 03:34 PM
Luv To Be Spiritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by peteyzen
this quote inspires me a lot! Thanx! N true words :)
Old 13-12-2013, 03:44 PM
Luv To Be Spiritual

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinayaka

oh... So much practice, hope I'll also do it in my holidays when I have no study but for now Lord Shiva will be happy for 1/2 hour sadhna also or a prayer coming from pure heart...... God Bless You!! :)
Old 13-12-2013, 03:47 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv To Be Spiritual
oh... So much practice,

Not really. When you're working, you work 8 hours a day or more and think nothing of it. Then in vanaprasthana (third stage of life) you have all this free time. 3 hours is nothing compared to 8.
Old 13-12-2013, 04:54 PM
Luv To Be Spiritual

Yes... It is possible in vanaprastha aashram, but 8 hours sadhna is enough b'coz god wanted us to help others, in 12th chapter of geeta there is a very nice way to be dear to god, I just luv that... This is my opinion only... But you have too much exeperience than me Sir! :)
Old 13-12-2013, 05:49 PM
Practice? Last night 2 hrs with a Yogananda group....Tomorrow
a 9-5 pm meditation...a 1:30 half hour break.
No beans for me today!!!

;)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru