Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 23-06-2016, 12:42 PM
Master
Effortless compassion

True compassion shines forth like the rays of the sun, without conscious effort or any sense of doing; the sun just radiates light and warmth, a bodhisattva simply serves others -Geoffrey Shugen Arnold

I am beginning to understand more so now how being is more about effortlessness as opposed to the need to make effort to be a certain way.

In my experience being effortlessly in this way, is being aware their is a natural arising of self moving as this, rather than a conscious need to be this.

Of course all ways of growing into this, can be either, where one is making it a conscious practice or one is being this effortlessly without having to try?

How do you determine yourself through being this naturally or having to strive to be in this way with conscious effort, to maintain it?

Compassion, for me is about empathy/ care and understanding of others.

So how do you see yourself in this way?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 23-06-2016, 02:19 PM
Master
Quote:

as well as letting be, allowing to unfold.
to me it is more as state of being then doing.
Old 23-06-2016, 04:23 PM
Master
I see any effort that is effortless to be one that seeks no particular outcome. On the other hand, life itself, by the divine spark within her, seeks with a divine effort to manifest the divine within form. To evolve consciousness.
So maybe nothing is without effort. So maybe divine effort pervades everything and for me to be effortless really means for me to be speaking from a place not in union with the divine.
Old 23-06-2016, 06:37 PM
Master

Act according to your own nature and reasoning, no matter the circumstances.
Old 23-06-2016, 07:54 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Of course all ways of growing into this, can be either, where one is making it a conscious practice or one is being this effortlessly without having to try?

How do you determine yourself through being this naturally or having to strive to be in this way with conscious effort, to maintain it?
?

Strive to be effortless
Old 24-06-2016, 10:17 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Strive to be effortless
..good point
Old 24-06-2016, 10:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah nam
Quote:

as well as letting be, allowing to unfold.
to me it is more as state of being then doing.

Yes. In reading what your sharing, I realize that allowing is what opens one to go deeper into being.

But even so people can still be compassionate in the doing without fully recognizing its deeper way of being this naturally as a state.

So for some they might be compassionate towards animals and yet be intolerant and less compassionate towards people who, for example harm others.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 24-06-2016, 10:59 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Strive to be effortless

So you find yourself still striving for compassion?

Or do you feel compassion as a natural arising more complete in you?

Old 24-06-2016, 11:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Self
I see any effort that is effortless to be one that seeks no particular outcome. On the other hand, life itself, by the divine spark within her, seeks with a divine effort to manifest the divine within form. To evolve consciousness.

So maybe nothing is without effort. So maybe divine effort pervades everything and for me to be effortless really means for me to be speaking from a place not in union with the divine.

Yes no outcome or acceptance of what is. Which would then become an all encompassing inclusion of all in the what is. So nothing is left out in this view.
What do you mean by, divine form?

Old 24-06-2016, 11:16 AM
Master
Compassion is a naturally evolved adaptive trait... so they say