Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 26-05-2016, 07:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Sky I am asking you what is it like to be pure awareness as your Natural State of being like you have said.

Surely you can describe what it is like to be you.

Do you have thoughts? Do you get angry? How does your body feel? Do you feel energy at all? Have you ever? If so what does that feel like?

Easy questions for one that is enlightened :)

I tried to explain to you before, you are aware without consciouness, simple..
Old 26-05-2016, 08:41 PM
Suspended
Master

For me, "mindfulness" or meditation etc is not really about experiencing something, it's seeing what causes suffering in myself and wanting to move beyond that. Like "quiet mind" which was mentioned. I'm not really motivated to do that for some experience. I want to do it so I am free of my self caused suffering, negative thinking. Free of myself. So if I had to describe it I would say a state where my perspective has changed. I am experiencing directly without looking through a filter of my beliefs or opinions or conditioning. So for me, something like "meditation" is not something I go and do a few hours a day to experience something. I try to experience "mindfulness" all day or to experience what is without me interfering in it if that makes sense. Maybe call it changing what I am instead of me trying to experience something... I'm trying to change myself... that results in experience changing.
Old 26-05-2016, 08:50 PM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
What it says is there is no "thing" all is emptiness. That is the key point. That is what the mindstream is.. light and emptiness.

Do you have any information about us as energy? Like if we are energy, how does one person's energy differ from another? What things in life affects our energy, if anything, and what things we can do or not do that affects our energy?

Also, there's a lot of info out there about people who can see aura's or a persons energy field, light body, etc. Do you believe in stuff like this? Some new age type books go into depth about how everyone has differing amounts of energy in the human body as well as describing the different colors this energy can be which corresponds to their level of advancement. Just wondered if you had any information on stuff like this or believed in any of it.
Old 26-05-2016, 10:00 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Do you have any information about us as energy? Like if we are energy, how does one person's energy differ from another? What things in life affects our energy, if anything, and what things we can do or not do that affects our energy?

I will look for information that talks about us being energy beyond the description of mindstreams. Dharmakaya Is coming to mind but I will look, getting late for me today... Ramana talks about kundalini being universal consciousness. That is a good place to start.

No our energy isn't in the purest sense any different from anyone else's. What creates differences is the obstructions one has compared to another. Just like the post about Karmic obstructions giving us our individuality so to with our energy based on our obstructions and how clear/clarity we maybe.

What can affect it is doing energy practices to help remove obstructions. People get all lost in raising and lower vibrations and such. I don't even know what that means to be honest.

Quote:
Also, there's a lot of info out there about people who can see aura's or a persons energy field, light body, etc. Do you believe in stuff like this? Some new age type books go into depth about how everyone has differing amounts of energy in the human body as well as describing the different colors this energy can be which corresponds to their level of advancement. Just wondered if you had any information on stuff like this or believed in any of it.

Yes that is all real and yes people can see and experience it. The problem with sight is that it is local mind interruption of the light. People get lost in what they see. It is also limited to there depth. As in when they progress deeper what they see will change.

For instance 3rd eye gifted people when working with me have seen energy look golden, blue and green at times. What they are really seeing is how the energy is hitting on them and making them feel and it comes out as a visual based on how it is affecting them.

Notice you said different types and colors associated with it. That is just seperation, with reasons to validate more seperation and layers. Bad, energy good energy, there is only energy it is how it affects you and how it hits on your issues that determines if it is good or bad. Or better said it is always good only your issues can make it bad.

With that being said there are some things that are real and have value. I just tend to be overly cautious, you see how many people get lost with what they see and think they have arrived. They think they have super abilities and the like which only they see. It can be really sad seeing gifted people so attached and lost in that stuff.

Also, as one advances they move beyond sight to "knowing".

Hope this helps..
Old 26-05-2016, 10:13 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
I tried to explain to you before, you are aware without consciouness, simple..

Then it should be simple to answer my questions. If not ...well ;)
Old 27-05-2016, 12:30 AM
Suspended
Ha ha...energy is not object or light. Anything that cause energy or create energy is the energy "station" or battery. Energy is invisible.

My energy is different from others, it's of no shape but can become changeable visible shape and transform into me. Mine is an exception for shape.
Old 27-05-2016, 12:45 AM
Suspended
Anything that is real in astral world is only real in your astral world not other place unless you can connect them with the real world and as one. But it isn't that simple to do unless you are hyper-mana-performer. I don't think anyone of you are ,sorry to say this way. Haha..

Last edited by Jeremy Bong : 27-05-2016 at 04:43 AM.
Old 27-05-2016, 04:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Excellent!

Yes, you were the silence feeling the movement of thoughts.. You were feeling the flows of energy.. thoughts are those flows, that energy which you felt flowing through you..

You still felt the separation.. over time you will be those flows, not separate from them like one begins to understand when they are first able to witness there thoughts.

Thanks, yes this was seven years ago this all occurred, but I do feel all this, as myself now, not as something separate. It was an important point of understanding spirit as its own entity/individual essence separate in my own perceived separation, as well as understanding, spirit was part of me as one in the merging that was coming. So this became a more inclusive integration over the last seven years. Now I am able to be the witness of my own mind, but often its not even needed now, because I feel more flowing in an open state of being, through a whole essence of being rather than in separation. So my thoughts are more in alignment with my awareness as one, because I have opened my mind and not attaching to my thoughts in any way, letting intuition and awareness lead the show.

Quote:
Try to reside in that energy and that is where you will first begin to experience emptiness.

CHAPTER 20
Give up learning, put an end to your troubles.
Remain and dwell in simplicity.
I am contented, for I dwell in the infinite;
the Dao is full when it is present in the heart.
Others enjoy the feast,
but I am alone and wandering, drifting with the wind.
Open and yielding like a new born babe.
Innocent and simple, for I am nourished by the Great Mother of all thing,,
Others have more than what they need, but I alone have nothing.
I seem foolish and confused, but I alone am aware and alert.
Other Men seem sharp and clever,
For my simplicity and innocence appears dull and stupid to such Men.
I drift like the waves of the sea and follow the flow.
Everyone seems busy, but I alone am without desire and uncluttered. I am different, for I am
nourished by the great Dao.
[/quote]

I find I don't have to try to be there, more experience as myself as a state of this one with feeling complete. I did have an ending through my process that lead me back to letting go to death and then in NY (on the other side of the world to me ) I felt myself open again to a rebirthing experience that required me to walk through the face of my old fears once more, only this time aware and awake. So that climb back was more about feeling fully back to peace once more and not letting fears and old conditioning take over my new awareness. That climb was probably much harder (but much shorter in years, probably three years) than the letting go the first time back to letting go to death. (that probably was a process over twenty five years)

Quote:
Open and yielding like a new born babe.

This one I like and can relate too. I feel like now I am more in the potential/yielding of self than seeking myself. And more understanding the past experience into articulation of the present moment through other experiences and relationships that hold sameness more often than not.

I am contented for I dwell in the infinite.

Nourished by the great Dao, now that feels right..:)

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 27-05-2016, 07:53 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Thanks, yes this was seven years ago this all occurred, but I do feel all this, as myself now, not as something separate. It was an important point of understanding spirit as its own entity/individual essence separate in my own perceived separation, as well as understanding, spirit was part of me as one in the merging that was coming. So this became a more inclusive integration over the last seven years. Now I am able to be the witness of my own mind, but often its not even needed now, because I feel more flowing in an open state of being, through a whole essence of being rather than in separation. So my thoughts are more in alignment with my awareness as one, because I have opened my mind and not attaching to my thoughts in any way, letting intuition and awareness lead the show.

Your description reminded me a lot of the philosophy offered in that book, "Journey of Souls." Did you read that one? I'll try to paraphrase some beliefs offered there. It basically answers the age old philosophic debates about what we are... animal or spirit. Really we can't take being in a animal "human" body lightly. Animals are highly conditioned and set in their animals ways. I have a cat who I got at 4 weeks old. It had zero experience with hunting or prey. It nursed on it's mother, then I got her and she has been a house cat ever since. Last year, I got her some little fake mice, like little stuffed animals the same size as real mice. Well I hid them around the house and she found them all and carried them to her food bowl one by one. She then pretended to eat the mice as she ate her food. She has done this ever since. She puts the fake mouse on top of her food. She picks it up and pretends to kill it, shaking it violently, she then sets it down, bites and chews on it a few times then puts it down and takes a bite of food. She repeats this the whole time she is eating. Eventually she bites holes in the fake mice and rips them open so I get her a new set. How would she know what a mouse even is? She has never experienced one. How would she know it's food? These things are cloth and stuffing, nothing like something she would eat. That's a little example of how programmed we are as animals. Born with knowledge and behaviors that most people would believe had to be learned during the life time.

The idea presented in journey of souls is our soul, or mindstream in buddhism, is brought down in a certain percentage to merge with the human body and mind. The percentage concept is kind of important to the whole concept because we decide how much "soul energy" we want to use in the incarnation. Put too much, the soul easily dominates the human body and mind and not much growth there as far as developing and learning. Put too little and the body and it's mind dominates and overwhelms the "soul" and the person may become addicted to drugs, alcohol, commit suicide etc.

So around birth this soul does a complex merging with the human brain and mind, tracing the neurons and pathways etc. and then two basically live as one. The soul with it's self and the body with it's "self" becomes one. The book says sometimes the merging is very successful and other times the two halves never get along or mesh well.

What you posted reminded me of the two parts overcoming their differences and finally working as one, under the dominance of the soul energy. Maybe before, the animal part of the united "self" dominated things.

I like trying to figure out how everything may be working but I also know human perception is very limited. I have an arm made up of atoms and air around it also made of atoms. In fact, everything is atoms so what makes me perceive an arm in this mass field of atoms? So yea I know there is a lot more going on than I will ever understand. The "soul" and the body could very well just be created with some kind of "god" computer program and we and everything we perceive is just ones's and zero's in a program that makes all this appear as it does.
Old 27-05-2016, 09:03 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
Your description reminded me a lot of the philosophy offered in that book, "Journey of Souls." Did you read that one? I'll try to paraphrase some beliefs offered there. It basically answers the age old philosophic debates about what we are... animal or spirit. Really we can't take being in a animal "human" body lightly. Animals are highly conditioned and set in their animals ways. I have a cat who I got at 4 weeks old. It had zero experience with hunting or prey. It nursed on it's mother, then I got her and she has been a house cat ever since. Last year, I got her some little fake mice, like little stuffed animals the same size as real mice. Well I hid them around the house and she found them all and carried them to her food bowl one by one. She then pretended to eat the mice as she ate her food. She has done this ever since. She puts the fake mouse on top of her food. She picks it up and pretends to kill it, shaking it violently, she then sets it down, bites and chews on it a few times then puts it down and takes a bite of food. She repeats this the whole time she is eating. Eventually she bites holes in the fake mice and rips them open so I get her a new set. How would she know what a mouse even is? She has never experienced one. How would she know it's food? These things are cloth and stuffing, nothing like something she would eat. That's a little example of how programmed we are as animals. Born with knowledge and behaviors that most people would believe had to be learned during the life time.

Yes I think I read that book many moons ago. Your cat experiment is interesting. I suspect we all have natural wild instincts when it comes to survival and play and if we retain these aspects they often will and do play out. Perhaps the journey from conception, through to formation and birthing, along with four weeks nursing, is where those retained reflexes and instincts are formed and instilled. The difference being your cat mimics the method without really carrying through, but she shows she has some level of those instincts and reflexes retained in her. Why she has created this through these little stuffed mice I am not sure, you provided her with a tool so maybe that was enough to stimulate her own. You are right, programming is already in motion imo long before we come to life in this life. What is, is often validated ongoing, through experiences of this life, so in some ways they are either reinforced or they dissolve. Or until we make a conscious choice to break free of them ourselves..

Quote:
The idea presented in journey of souls is our soul, or mindstream in buddhism, is brought down in a certain percentage to merge with the human body and mind. The percentage concept is kind of important to the whole concept because we decide how much "soul energy" we want to use in the incarnation. Put too much, the soul easily dominates the human body and mind and not much growth there as far as developing and learning. Put too little and the body and it's mind dominates and overwhelms the "soul" and the person may become addicted to drugs, alcohol, commit suicide etc.

Wow this is interesting to read and I can relate. I can see the nature of balance coming into this, in what you saying and also in the nature of my own process how balance within the whole was probably one of the most important aspects of my learning. Meaning when I became aware of each stage of growth, I could feel the imbalance through the energy awareness and could feel the balance when it was more integrated in me. I was able to walk through this balancing awareness with relationships to much of what you saying about overwhelm through each aspect in myself. I didn't always enter into that place but was aware of the whole and where it could lead me and take me had I not balanced out through process more deeply.

Quote:
So around birth this soul does a complex merging with the human brain and mind, tracing the neurons and pathways etc. and then two basically live as one. The soul with it's self and the body with it's "self" becomes one. The book says sometimes the merging is very successful and other times the two halves never get along or mesh well.

Yes this I can relate too. This was me. No one ever really understood this kind of separation in me and it wasn't until I had a major merge during a spiritual awakening and dark night as one that this became apparent to me and others what was going on in me. I can see how easily it would be going through this how it could turn out to be much less successful than my own process in that merge, seeing how easily it would be if one was overwhelming the other and taking the lead. Of course my balance was already prepared to enter into this place from the prior conscious healing path, to move it more with awareness leading, so even though it was difficult it was successful because my own process supported me each step of the way.
Quote:
What you posted reminded me of the two parts overcoming their differences and finally working as one, under the dominance of the soul energy. Maybe before, the animal part of the united "self" dominated things.

Yes your spot on. It was just like this for me. My soul energy at that turning point was leading me out of the dark and consequently merging me back to a more unified state of being.

Quote:
I like trying to figure out how everything may be working but I also know human perception is very limited. I have an arm made up of atoms and air around it also made of atoms. In fact, everything is atoms so what makes me perceive an arm in this mass field of atoms? So yea I know there is a lot more going on than I will ever understand. The "soul" and the body could very well just be created with some kind of "god" computer program and we and everything we perceive is just ones's and zero's in a program that makes all this appear as it does.

I guess the greatest part of all of my own merging as I call it, was that I became aware of the step by step process and the inter related nature of this through a whole stream of connections revealed through my own process, so the experience walking through in this way, offered me a whole host of understanding to see many correlations as one. Even as I saw so much going on in process and unfolding one with myself unfolding, coming back to the emptiness, was an important shift to let it all go as I knew it all to be in me. Meaning all that ended in everyway to allow the new merged me to awaken anew. Nothing of those separated parts of me could sustain themselves alone anymore. I feel now that as complex as the journey was to this point, it was really only undoing/unfolding me to know myself as much less and to see life as much less involved as we make it. Also to know that even as I was very aware of my process and each step, the greater mystery behind all this, still remains in part as you share in your way, but in me now is a greater understanding of what is important in this life and very aware now of how it feels being whole and complete.

And life goes on of course..

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder