Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 22-10-2017, 01:48 AM
Guide

What God told me

After going through a particularly hard time the last couple of months, I decided to have a talk with God. Now, I have had a few NDEs in my life...and I have learned how to hear messages, from loved ones, alive and dead, as well as hearing messages from higher sources (and unfortunantly, lower ones, too)

The best way to describe it for me, is learning to ask when I’m feeling good, and balanced, learning what and when I’m on a certain energetic frequency, spiritually.

And so, I was asking God..

Why do we have to incarnate here, why are we here....to experience pain? To just have an experience? Because if we came here to experience another existence away from God, and it was meant to be fruitful, or if it was meant to be painful...why?

So many people here are not doing well, they are depressed, mentally ill, hurt, sad, live in poverty, etc.

Why? And why reincarnate people to live and suffer over and over, how does that help? You wouldn’t beat an already abused child, that would t help them.

Why?

This is the answer I got, and I can only explain it from my human words and emotions.

So here it goes.

I heard, not audibly, but through feelings and thoughts (the way I did in my NDE)

That we are here, not because we have sinned, or because of all the things we did wrong, or hate, prejudice, etc. . Those are only symptoms of the real cause. Like blood bleeding from an open wound. You have to treat the wound, before you can stop the bleeding.

I heard...because we do not know our self worth.

We do not love ourselves, or see ourselves as God sees us.

Because of our own self hatred, self harm, low self worth...our energy does not vibrate at the high level of light and energy that God does.

I always knew that part, like attract like...energy will attract the energy it belongs with.

Energy travels on vibrational wavelengths, we cannot sustain at a level we do not resonate on.

It isn’t what we done, we have done those things....because we do not love ourselves, the way God loves us.

Our hatred, and anger, pain....towards the world, is the outer reflection of what is going on inside us. How we feel about ourselves.

That self abuse is why we are here, and no matter what we do for others....we can not be at the level energetically, that God or other light beings are, if we do not love ourselves spiritually. We can not give, what we don’t have.

We can not sustain higher levels of energy, if we are like a cancer to ourselves.

If we abuse ourselves, we look for love from others, we don’t care about ourselves, we don’t see that we are divine sparks off the source....then we cannot swim in the same sea of energy....

That is why we are here, the number one reason is.....to learn self love.

Through self love...we can love others.

Until we love ourselves, we can not truly love others.

We all learn differently, so each of us, will learn differently....some through self, some through others. Apparently, this is the hardest and most important lesson in life...and the darkest for us self haters. All of us are self haters on some level, or else we would not be here.
Old 22-10-2017, 02:00 AM
Guide

I also want to point out...that I have never seen God, not even in my NDEs. So when I refer to God, it’s a higher source. God, light, higher source.....where ever it came from.

It’s not like I wake up every morning, jump out of bed and stretch....while yelling, I’m God, I’m apart of God! I am magnificent, great, unstoppable, perfect, beautiful, and wonderful!!! Just the way I am.

No, I don’t know anybody who does that, and if they do....it’s probably a facade of narcissism, or a rebellious will to overcome others negativity.

But apparently, on a more humble note....we should believe that about ourselves, and others.
Old 22-10-2017, 02:21 AM
Experiencer

That's nice. Its hard to learn self love though when dealing with outside sources of negativity. I would say that takes a lot of inner strength.
Old 22-10-2017, 02:29 AM
Guide

I know...That shows us, how many of us are self haters, whether we are inflicting that pain on others, or taking it from others...letting it affect us, when we shouldn’t...or doing both, which is more likely.

None of us truly know our self worth...but it looks like there is a bright light on the horizon. Each if us have been given a chance, or many chances to learn this. And now, as we look at the world....with all the self haters we share it with (everyone) that we are loved and being given the learning we need... to learn self love.

When you know your self worth, in the eyes of God....the negativity can not touch you spiritually, emotionally, mentally, etc....because you are strong from the inside out.

I am a student, not a teacher. I need to love myself more, too.

We think too much, feel too deeply, and listen to others much more than we should....we should be listening to ourselves, and asking for guidance from a higher source while we learn, and are being attacked from all sides. The majority of the time, it is our thoughts and feelings about ourselves, that shape our experiences....and sharing this world with other students...they are going to pick up on weaknesses, and exploit it...because we do need to work on those areas where we can be abused by others. Kids are so mean sometimes.
Old 22-10-2017, 03:09 AM
FrankieJG

This is a lovely post. Thank you for sharing Colarado. I have been developing self love over the past 2 years and I am still learning. When I was a teenager I always underestimated me , my life and my capabilities. Even now, when things go wrong I do it. Because sometimes it is really challenging, specially when we interact with the outside world.
I have a question though, how can we love our selves without being selfish? I always get confused between self love and selfishness. Would you kindly explain this to me?
Old 22-10-2017, 03:16 AM
Guide

I think unselfish love, makes you feel good, it makes others feel good...there’s no expectation back...but the love and good feelings from others. Feeling good about yourself is not selfish, feeling bad about yourself and trying to fix it with material things, or bringing others down, or pretending you are strong, when you are not...is selfish.

I honestly, probably, have never felt self love...I love my children, and I feel no strings, or wanting something in return from them, when I love them. They are my children, they really can’t give me anything in return, but a smile, and their love back. I don’t worry about them talking **** about me, because I am able to freely feel love for them...somehow. Even when they talk ****, I still love them, and even laugh about it...because I did the same thing to my parents.

But, those two are the only ones in the world that can not break me, because I truly love them...I would have to love myself a lot more, and draw strength from that....to feel the same way about others.

That must be the same kind of love I should show myself.

I read one time, we can act nice, and try to love others....but good intentions are often punished(no good deed goes unpunished) if the feelings are not there. Example: I can be nice to you, out of manners....and want to be your friend out of loneliness, but to truly call you a friend, you would look passed my manners, and feel the energy I am sending you. I can not be a friend to you and make you feel trust, etc....if you do not feel that energy from me, even with good words and deeds. The simple fact, that I am not a friend to myself, and do not have the energy to share with you, would be a good example. When I am a good friend, because I feel good about myself, and love myself...then I can be a good friend....That is with love, self love.

People don’t remember the good deeds and nice words you have told them(but they always remember the bad) if you do not have the energy to go with it, because people remember how you make them feel, and that comes from your energy, not good manners, morals, or niceties.

If you have self love, you don’t have to say a word....someone could silently sit next to you...and still feel it. That’s self love.

I think self love is an energy....and that energy can start by saying....I’m not going to feel bad about myself today. I’m going to be me, take care of myself first, love myself first....(not with material things) and so I can love others and make them feel as good as I do. Self love comes from not denying yourself things that bring you happiness, that make you feel good, and not hiding away, so that others won’t be mean to you. Self love means all these things, and shining bright like The Sun....even in the face of adversity, jealousy, and hate....just by being your own self....with self love.

So I did not draw this last paragraph from anything higher, but myself. I am learning to love myself, I am intelligent, but my intelligence isn’t going to bring me self love....my spirit has to want that. I am learning self love now, today, right now.

So these are my own words...and I would love to hear from the rest of you....how do you self love yourself?
Old 22-10-2017, 06:23 AM
Newbie ;)

That is so God the inferomation that you received.
Old 22-10-2017, 02:17 PM
Guide

Well, I am sitting here this morning thinking about what I wrote last night...those are my words, but those were not all my thoughts and feelings. It always surprises me, when stuff like that comes from me....because I honestly do not think that way. Yet, I don’t feel special by any means...I think we all do this, I’m just aware that I know it’s not from me....because I know very little about self love or self worth. After writing that post, I sat there trying to figure out what self love is...what is my self worth? I tried to put it in words, what I thought it was...but I just doesn’t do it justice. I have no idea where to start, or what it really is...to love myself, to know my self worth. I’m sitting here thinking about it....where do I start...I really don’t even know where to begin.
Old 22-10-2017, 04:31 PM
Master
I think valuing the self is important. But it is not more important than valuing others.

I think treating ourselves well is important, but not more important than treating others well.

I think that practicing kindness and basic courtesies toward oneself and others are all equally important. If you feel tired or low or whatever, and your child asks for a hug or for dinner, do you treat him or her with kindness or courtesy? If a stranger passes and says hello, do you respond with courtesy and meet their eyes with respect? And so forth. Or do you skip all this because today you are not tip-top? And treat them unkindly, or with cruelty or apathy? Perhaps with violence, for some?

I don't think that telling everyone to seek their happiness will result in authentic love of self across the board. Many currently understand "seeking their happiness" as self-indulgence and gratification of all wants and desires, very often by means of using others, even harming or killing them.

Manners, courtesy, simple kindness and acknowledgement of others...these are very important indeed and they are manifest acts of lovingkindness. If we feel we are overextending ourselves in a relationship, we may need to back off a bit. But that doesn't mean the kindness in action that we extend isn't real just because we don't "feel" it in the emotional sense. Not everyone is as emotional as others, and yet they may still find great joy and peace in day-to-day exchanges and relationships of all sorts.

If we are deceiving others, that's another thing altogether. If we are not authentically present and engaged, then that too is another thing altogether.

But humanity is a collective and we cannot attain the fullness of our humanity without community. We cannot survive infancy without touch, and our brains will fail to develop many higher brain functions if we are not raised in loving community with others. The same applies regarding our emotional and spiritual development...these ripen in relationship with others, within our circle of belonging in which we interact. Thus I cannot fully know and care for what is ultimately right and true and good for me, unless I also know and care for what is ultimately right and true and good for you and all others. And all that is.

Otherwise, if I seek and care for only my own wants and call that "my highest good", I may do great harm to self and certainly to others. And same for them, toward me. In the context of what is the highest good for you and others (according to you, and according to others), then I can seek my own highest good from a place of equanimity and authentic love for all.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 22-10-2017, 05:38 PM
Guide

Thank you for the insight and response. I think all those are important things, it’s apart of give and take in relationships. Common courtesy, manners, looking passed our own feelings and day to day problems, to give others some respect and courteousness.

However, what I’m talking about goes beyond simple pleasantries. Yes, it’s importamt to do those things, not everybody does even just the smallest acts of kindness. But again, that is just a symptom. Do we really know ourselves, what makes us happy....am I really being selfish, by recognizing that the first person who has to be cared for....is the self? Yes we can exchange pleasantries, but without the energy behind it...it’s just seems mundane.

It’s better than being rude, I agree. But, is it just living, and what’s the difference between just living and being alive?

To have relationships with others, it seems normal to go through each day, exchanging humdrum pleasantries....while inside, we are suffering, wanting more in life.

I’m seeking self love....and self worth...that each interaction I have, isn’t always an exchange of pleasantries and niceties. I’m looking for true self love, that says and feels I am right with myself and with God, and the world I general....regardless of the circumstances and outcome.

I know it won’t be perfect, and I know life is up and down...Im not looking for the extremes, good, bad, right, wrong, ....I’m looking for the balance, contentment, and true self worth.

I want to be that person, that you can sit next to....silently, and feel that kind of spirituality.

I don’t mean take care of ourselves as....Got to have the best clothes, house, car.....the biggest steak, while everyone else is eating hotdogs, or being the first in line. Those are humanly ideas of taking care of yourself first, I’m talking spiritual self.