Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 08-10-2013, 05:20 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
I am always willing to listen to others. Why I placed this post.

I wasn't sure if the information I read was incorrect or correct.

It's neither.

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsea
Yes,I agree with you. Then why is there only one soul mentioned when discussing the physical body? I would have thought that if many souls control a human body,that would have been widely known by now.

Deepsea

This is the assumption that is holding you back from learning, opening up to new insights. Many people can't quite get over this- the indoctrination that something that is important and true would be "widely known by now."

That is not even true for some very drab "objective" seeming stuff like the species of plants in the ocean or fuel-cell technology or what-have-ya. And it is certainly not true for beliefs about the soul that inhabits the body. Widely known by whom? Your kids' teachers? Your pastor? Your neighbors? Your bridge club? Beliefs about the SOUL? Really?

You have this indoctrination because of people/interests/institutions/egos etc who do NOT want you to think or question; they want you to trust blindly so that they maintain their power & sense of stability & security. They are not conscious of this, of course; they would deny these motives, of course, because they are not very conscious nor insightful people. They are blindly driven by ego and self-centeredness. They got into their power by 'natural' circumstances, luck, birth, and the like.

These are the folks who indoctrinated you: Once they feel validated by others whose status they/others see as authoritative, they cannot evaluate ANYthing objectively nor ever consider facts that are not already in their consciousness. They will always revert to knee-jerk reflexes of evaluating based on the perceived status of the messenger. They have no awareness of this. They block out awareness of the feelings that drive this process, in favor of reptilian-like reflexive defenses.

This may strike you as quite a soapbox response for one little comment about what would be/should be "widely known," but as I see it, such a comment demonstrates the breadth and depth of an indoctrination that is tragically and destructively wrong.
Old 08-10-2013, 05:41 PM
Deactivated Account

And to answer the original question: Yes, one OR MORE souls can "inhabit" or otherwise INFLUENCE one body. Does not mean it is always more than one, nor that it is always only one.

Entities of spirit who do not have bodies or are temporarily not in bodies are not limited and bound by 3D bodies. That's why they can overlap, share, merge, separate, join, communicate with each other much more readily than we can (or what we are consciously aware of doing; but really our souls DO engage in such merging & separating etc, on a level we rarely experience consciously).

Hence there are such things as walk-ins and soul exchanges, and periods of transition or rejection with that. Also, we are all part of a larger soul that starts with the higher self; as we align with that HS we are in the process of joining a progressively broader and more powerful "soul."

Many of us are "overshadowed" by a more advanced, large and powerful angelic soul. Perhaps everyone has this at some level, and they either align with it or reject it. I don't know how rare it is or if that depends on how large how angelic the overshadow soul is. But I do know that I am overshadowed- I was told so, and I believe them, and I can't really explain it beyond that. Hope that helps, but like anything, believe what feels right to you. I just hope you seek with an open heart (and soul).
Old 08-10-2013, 06:49 PM
livingkarma

I believe "to give another soul permission to (possess) come in and take over one's karmic life plan defeats the whole purpose of their coming to Earth in the first place" ...
My understanding is one body is selected & assigned ...
The concept of "walk-ins" gives rise to questions w/no answers ...
What purpose would a walk-in come into a physical body w/out going through the process of birth and childhood? ...
To complete your lesson to avoid pre-conceived pain as well as miss the opportunity for it to be joyful?
To view the lesson w/out deep meaning that is generally formed from a personal experience? ...
To add credibility to one's belief of possession for good &/or bad? ...
Etc ...

I see your question more as one of seeking information to provide credence to your mother's beliefs as well as maybe your own ...
This is good, the soul loves the truth ...
What I do know is my mother had certain beliefs regarding spirits ...
She didn't how exactly how they were developed or how to explain them ...
I gently gave her my insights based on my own studies, not to change her mind, but to provide information to help her grow, give meaning & definition to her beliefs as well as where it/they may have originated ...
One belief in particular she held all her life, she mentioned letting go of b/c it was not aligned properly w/the concept ...
My mother was an intelligent woman, at the same time, she believed many things taught to her w/out question ...
She just never chose to investigate her beliefs till I questioned or offered more information ...
We learned many things from one another even in the stickiest situations ...
Old 08-10-2013, 07:18 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by livingkarma
The concept of "walk-ins" gives rise to questions w/no answers ...
What purpose would a walk-in come into a physical body w/out going through the process of birth and childhood? ...
To complete your lesson to avoid pre-conceived pain as well as miss the opportunity for it to be joyful?
To view the lesson w/out deep meaning that is generally formed from a personal experience? ...
To add credibility to one's belief of possession for good &/or bad? ...
Etc ...

There are lots of answers to these questions. They just may not come from your experience or your thoughts or your life, but there are many possible answers and many possibilities.

For example, it has been explained elsewhere that advanced souls walk-in to a young person's body because 1) the youth or young adult has been through things, learned things, etc., that would require a lot of time and effort, all at a risk of wasting it due to unacceptable outcome such as early death, insanity, great injury, rejection of soul agreement etc., yet their learning and experience, including suffering, is very useful for the walk-in and their path to be.

And 2) the walk-out has suffered so much they do not want to live; they've already agreed to walk-out or at least to be given the opportunity, they get a reprieve and go on to a better place, and 3) the walk-in can take on its new life with greater understanding and commitment to purpose than the walk-out would have had- it is less likely to stray. Of course this could be achieved by guiding the soul rather than trading places, but each case is different. It has been said that the walk-out does have that choice.

It's hard for us to understand that "waste of time" could enter into such advanced souls' paths, but it does. Angels know about time; they experience it differently, but they don't pretend it's not important. And there are trillions and trillions of souls who eagerly await a chance at life in a humanoid body. And, frankly, Earth's progress may very well be "behind schedule."
Old 08-10-2013, 08:27 PM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Astral Jane
And there are trillions and trillions of souls who eagerly await a chance at life in a humanoid body.

Well, good thing I have the right of refusal!
They can just wait for their own human body b/c I don't do share-zies! ...
Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM
Guide
Quote:
I am always willing to listen to others. Why I placed this post.

I wasn't sure if the information I read was incorrect or correct.
No problem.

You ask a poignant and as I call a core question. One that may be a block, but also an opportunity; I do believe that is shared by many. Like Astral Jane said, "such a comment demonstrates the breadth and depth." I think she covered it rather well.

There are many factors that can go on that block a person from various experiences(to put it crudely). I need some time to collect my thoughts....

Perhaps if I extrapolate it might help, I tend to keep my insights to myself as I've found the general consensus tends to have problems with concepts outside of their particular paradigm. I'm also verbose, but prefer to stay brief. Anyway, so I say listen to one's heart not as a put down, but more of your heart speaks to you, it knows exactly what to say and how to say it. Myself, not so much.

I'm not concerned about listening to others so much as one's self. So say 1000 people come to you and say something that your heart says is wrong, who's right? Your heart comes first always. It's not about right or wrong, it's about right for you. Another example, a hostile person says it's a hostile world; a loving person says it's a loving world; who's right? Two people, two different experiences and two different realities.

To tie this into many souls occupying one body OP, sometime the prior statement happens, so what's the person to do, there are two souls, with to seemingly different views. Is there a right/wrong, this/that, but sometimes, it's not about flipping a coin, a battle of egos, but an understanding that all are expressions of the same coin. Just one side or another, perhaps a gradient, but all one and the same source.

In terms of information available, there are many factors going on. I think I wrote enough though.