Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Death & The Afterlife

Old 20-07-2011, 10:50 AM
Student4Life1975

nobody can blame you for taking care of unfinished business. if god exists, and created all of us, then he also created our ability to make our own decisions, and if we choose to exercise those abilities, then how can we be held accountable?
Old 20-07-2011, 11:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mysterious
I heard that if you don't go into the light soon after you die that its not good for the soul and the longer you leave it the worse it is?

Some people who aren't ready to leave the earth after they die or haven't come to terms with their own death still remain on earth as earth-bound spirits.

Why sweat the small things when there are many more immediate issues to deal with. That will take care of itself when the time comes.
Old 20-07-2011, 07:06 PM
dunno

Question

This may seem like a very weird question. I myself think it is weird. But can I be dead right now, and be one of the souls that can't cross over, is that possible? I'm asking this because for the past 9 years or so my life has become a very bad thing. And it seems to do nothing but get worse. It has occurred to me before that maybe I died, and I'm stuck some place that looks like Earth, feels like Earth, but it's different because of how everyone I once knew treats me. So I don't know what I'm talking about. Can I be dead?
Old 20-07-2011, 11:59 PM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno
This may seem like a very weird question. I myself think it is weird. But can I be dead right now, and be one of the souls that can't cross over, is that possible? I'm asking this because for the past 9 years or so my life has become a very bad thing. And it seems to do nothing but get worse. It has occurred to me before that maybe I died, and I'm stuck some place that looks like Earth, feels like Earth, but it's different because of how everyone I once knew treats me. So I don't know what I'm talking about. Can I be dead?

Heh, I've actually been wondering that same thing for years. I know for a fact, that I feel like I'm dead on the inside, from time to time. And last year during my kundalini awakening, I was so sleep deprived after about two weeks of no REM, that I was fully expecting to "wake up" from this life and be somewhere else. No such luck though.

If you wish to try this, there is a way you can figure out if you really are a trapped soul or not. Once the body dies and the soul is in the astral plane, regardless of what level/frequency, the Light will never stop trying to reach out to that soul, whether through your guides and loved ones, or some living person who helps souls find their way home. Typically, lost souls simply just don't see the portal of Light or their guides, to even know they are being called home. Take a good close look all around you. Is there something that looks like the brightest, whitest light that shines with the same intensity as the sun, yet it doesn't hurt your eyes to look at it? Is there someone inside that Light, beaconing you to come inside? Does it just "feel" right for you to walk into that Light? And can you see all your friends and loved ones coming to greet you?

If you can see none of these things, chances are that you're body is still alive, and your time hasn't actually come yet. Now, I have heard of some people who have seen a great, intense white mass of Light around them, but usually these people have a sense of the mass being God, or at least celestial in nature. And there is no real feeling of being beaconed or pulled inside, unless it's a near death experience. And if that's the case, whom ever has met up with you in the Light, will only allow you to go so far, because it's not actually your time, and you would have to come back to Earth.

Hope that helps.
Old 21-07-2011, 01:33 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by dunno

oooh..that's a bit of a spooky question with quite a twist!
Old 21-07-2011, 05:34 AM
AnuChandra

The more conscious we are in our lives the more conscious we are as we leave the physical body. There is no judgement from anyone regarding the choices you make. You will always be helped and you are always surrounded with love and friends if you simply allow it. Its up to you. Some ppl choose to be lost, in the afterlife as in this life.

Anu Shi Asta
Old 21-07-2011, 06:06 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnuChandra
Some ppl choose to be lost, in the afterlife as in this life.

Anu Shi Asta

I suppose that could be true to an extent, as each case is different. But I've found that for the most part, a lot of lost souls, as well as living people, just aren't getting the right kind of help that's best suited for them. Too many other people either turn their back on them for whatever reasons they have, or are just incapable of really getting to the heart of the matter in order to pull that person/lost soul out of their, for lack of a better word, slump.

Yeah, it is a two way street. And a person/lost soul has to do their part as well. But if the person trying to help, can't figure out the "how" to make a connection that's actually going to work, it can backfire and cause the other person/lost soul to just retreat all that much more. So, staying lost is kind of by choice, AS WELL AS having no choice but to stay lost, simply because the right kind of individual help just isn't there. So the way I see it, you should never really give up on someone turning their life/afterlife around for the better. They just haven't found what works for them yet. But that doesn't mean that they never will.
Old 21-07-2011, 04:13 PM
dunno

Unhappy

Hi Trieah,

Thank you for answering me, because I was being very serious in asking that question. Based on what you said, I am still alive. What I'm experiencing is actually the opposite of what you described. There are none of my former loved ones around. Occasionally I get to speak to 1 on the phone, but it's rare. And after reading your posts, it occurred to me that since I speak to them but never see them, maybe I did die. I'll tell you one reason this is all so disturbing. (and this is actually why I came to these forums)

You and a few others try to help lost souls who have died. All my life I have helped people who are alive and lost in life, you might say. When I was a young man I had wanted to be a psychotherapist. But I never finished school. I always had this desire to help people, and up until about 10 years ago I always did. It seemed to be a gift. Because all I did was talk with them, and people felt better. Many times people even got better. Other times they resorted back into their self destructive behavior patterns. Now here's 1 reason I know it's a gift. It only worked on females. Whether the person was an 18 month baby, or an 83 year old woman in a hospital and maybe close to her own death, when I focused my attention on them, they became better. It was very obvious with the 83 year old woman. She actually started to put some make up on and fix her hair and put a real blouse on over her hospital gown. It amazed even me. I didn't know I could have such a positive effect on a woman who was that much older than me. I was 48 at the time. And unfortunately, I was only in that hospital because my Mother was in there and she was dying. My Mother had become unconscious. So when I got there I used to go visit the 83 year old lady because I could see what a positive effect I was having on her. But then my Mother passed on. Shortly after that, I wound up where I am now. Where ever I am, I never see or hear from any of my relatives anymore. None are immediate family, they're all cousins. I had 2 Uncles, but the last one died in the winter of 2010. I did see the relatives that night. At least I thought I did. I seem to be unable to make new friends, and whoever I do get to know, soon finds a reason to break contact with me. So I am quite alone. Too alone. I've had some people tell me I shouldn't need to have contact with anyone else, but I think that's foolishness. I think we all need contact with other people. I mean really, isn't that what we're all about. I think it's our nature to need others. So when you, and 1 or 2 others started to talk about helping lost souls who have died and are stuck here, I figured maybe I did die. But if I saw someone I knew, someone who is supposed to still be alive, or someone I know died, I'd run to meet them. I hate being alone.

I really don't know what has happened to me. I never heard of anyone else who lost to death the only living immediate family he had, and then at the same time, had all his extended family desert him. I never heard of that, even on the Internet. I've heard of a person losing multiple family members to death in an accident, and then there was no one left. I heard of that. But I am supposed to have about 12 living cousins left. When my Mother was alive, these people kept in contact with us, inviting us over 3 or 4 times a year. Since she's gone they're all gone too. And little by little, all the people I was friends with found reasons to not associate with me. It's like a tidal wave of aloneness that is sweeping over me and I can't stop it. So only a month ago I decided this is all too strange to be something natural. I think it has to be something else happened, but I don't know what. And then so many of you talk about spiritual guides and stuff. I feel no other presence near me at all. The feelings of aloneness are so strong as to be crippling. Depression, sadness, and being alone is almost all I can feel. But I don't see anything like you described.

Thank's again,

Jack
Old 21-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Distortedsoundz

I get really sad when I am in a place where someone who has not moved on still lingers. They are trapped and they do not really know any better. What gets me are places that are haunted for hundreds of years.
Old 23-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Trieah

Well I'm glad that I was able to ease your mind, Dunno. There've been times when I've seriously questioned whether I was really dead as well. I'm sorry to hear about the family you lost, and the family you no longer have much contact with. I kind of know how it feels to be alone. You sound like a very sweet person and I hope you find enough comfort and friendship here on this message board to help ease the loneliness