Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Philosophy & Theory

Old 17-08-2013, 03:53 PM
Pathfinder
Black/White what about the
grǽg area
Old 17-08-2013, 05:48 PM
Master

For those who are very very bad, i wonder sometimes if they have a very very bright "light" to cope with the shadow of their difficult choices they will be making?
Old 18-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Master

Good and evil is one way of looking at the world, but there are others. It causes people to kill though, because they feel justified killing an 'evil' person. GW Bush's 'Axis of Evil' is an example.
Old 18-08-2013, 10:46 PM
Pathfinder
Have this option where duality concerned I see it everywhere good and evil paired & it doesn't sit well if in language good is opposite of bad evil stands in another bracket unsure
Though i'll say holy would fit its in the bible Tree of the knowledge of good and evil - as a martial artist: one who calls oneself good looking to take on evil would be out of deepth I wonder sometimes if that's why there is so many lost causes in act of change and the endeavors undertaken in the name good vs evil.
Evil being Live backwards so all types obstruction of living my own ideology is evil and there alot of good waging wars with the ag enda of combating evil and I wonder what the truly holy would do in the circumstances
Finally I like to think in terms of oneness/totality and I like the hologram analogy which is one bit contains all and our will is how we freely act on our love based on our conscious experience what one knows as right for another is not perhaps conscious that said when the creator casts judgment knowing the whole picture the contrast is clear and all possibilities/parts of ones potentiAL are either used more or less
Old 19-08-2013, 09:54 AM
Teiksma

When people say I am evil, I feel bad. So I try not to judge. But sometimes there are things I cant forgive and it makes me think "bad person". If someone have done something really terrible, I think only reincarnation can save him or her from this "bad person".
Old 19-08-2013, 08:57 PM
Master
But I say that even as the holy and the righteous cannot rise beyond the highest which is in each one of you,
So the wicked and the weak cannot fall lower than the lowest which is in you also.
And as a single leaf turns not yellow but with the silent knowledge of the whole tree,
So the wrong-doer cannot do wrong without the hidden will of you all.
Like a procession you walk together towards your god-self.
You are the way and the wayfarers.
And when one of you falls down he falls for those behind him, a caution against the stumbling stone.
Ay, and he falls for those ahead of him, who though faster and surer of foot, yet removed not the stumbling stone.
And this also, though the word lie heavy upon your hearts:
The murdered is not unaccountable for his own murder,
And the robbed is not blameless in being robbed.
The righteous is not innocent of the deeds of the wicked,
And the white-handed is not clean in the doings of the felon.
Yea, the guilty is oftentimes the victim of the injured,

from http://www-personal.umich.edu/~jrcol...phet.htm#Crime

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."
Old 20-08-2013, 12:52 AM
livingkarma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Just wondering if you think of certain people as good and certain people as bad. I myself have fallen into the trap of thinking of people who I don't know as being jerks, nice, good, bad etc.

First impressions are purdy much spot on including spontaneous reactions that can both stem from gut instincts/intuition ...
We have simple descriptive words in our vocabulary at the ready for personal use & also to provide a quick answer to an inquiry ...
When questioned why you think a person is good or bad requires explanation; further thought is given in answering satisfactorily ...
An explanation to one's self will uncover poor or accurate judgement that can be used in developing one's instincts & also to trust in them ...
Two bad things about name calling is when it is done openly &/or indiscriminately ...

It is imperative to one's safety & survival to be able to distinguish good, bad & evil people ...
Spirituality empowers a person to live sanely in the real world ...
Old 21-08-2013, 05:58 PM
good day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystik
Just wondering if you think of certain people as good and certain people as bad. I myself have fallen into the trap of thinking of people who I don't know as being jerks, nice, good, bad etc.

It's a challenge to say to yourself "maybe that person is having a bad day, has had a bad life, etc."

These days I try to think of "good energy" and "bad energy" when assessing someone.

However, it does seem to be a philosophical discussion as to whether someone can be either good or bad or mostly good or mostly bad.

We can usually almost always think of certain people in history as bad or evil based on what they did. But are things really this simple?

There is good and bad in all of us but hopefully most of us lean towards the good and feed into the dark side.

There are no good people or bad people, "There is none good but God".
Bad people are hurt people, innocent as children and corrupted by bad experiences in life. Who are we to judge others or ourselves?

When we feed into the dark side it is not us, but the darkness in us that tries to feed itself. All we can do is be aware and not go along with it.

Louise
Old 22-08-2013, 09:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by good day
"There is none good but God".

Louise

i like that (and the rest)

"all worldlings are mad" -buddha

"There is no psychological evolution: there is only the ending of sorrow, of pain, anxiety, loneliness, despair and all that."