Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 20-12-2018, 10:41 PM
Pathfinder

Question Spiritual Group Help

Hello. I am trying to make some friends and I am thinking about starting a spiritual Meetup group that's basically a book club. So far, I'm thinking that I could have everyone get a specific book and we could study the book and then act upon what the book suggests and after each section that we have finished, we can gather and share ideas and what we have learned. I'm thinking there can be refreshments and some music and even some aromatherapy involved. My apartment is small, but I am still wondering if it would be alright for everyone to meet there. So, I'm just wondering if anyone has some suggestions about this. Please feel free to share!
Old 28-12-2018, 05:53 PM
Master

Check around where you live. Some banks have a conference room they will lend out and churches also have rooms. But the church will have to be open-minded and allow some non-christian discussions.

Having a meet-up in your apartment is a very bad idea. That makes you responsible for everything.
Old 30-12-2018, 02:29 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeartSound
Always meet in a public place.

Topics:

East Asian philosophies

Consciousness

Reiki n chakra Healing

Acts of kindness

Good advice; thanks for the topics.
Old 30-12-2018, 02:29 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by linen53
Check around where you live. Some banks have a conference room they will lend out and churches also have rooms. But the church will have to be open-minded and allow some non-christian discussions.

Having a meet-up in your apartment is a very bad idea. That makes you responsible for everything.

Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 08-01-2019, 03:33 AM
Master
I like the idea a lot but you know on this forum most people live all over the world, so there might be a few near you, but I guess it depends where you live. There might be a spiritual-based meetup or group stuff going on in your area already! If you feel like sharing your city or whatever I would be glad to help you look into it and see if there's anything you'd be interested in going on, or find areas online where such open & spiritually minded people hang out so you could ask them.

I love the quote in your signature hehe. hmm coming up with a book that everyone will be interested in could be a little trouble, but I am sure there are countless worthwhile books out there for this occasion so maybe it'd be easier. I could think of some I personally would like to explore with a group but I guess they largely have to do with food and exercises. well the human body in general and how to nourish and nurture it. things like Donna Eden Energy Medicine and other healing techniques. that'd be really cool to me, but pretty involved. something lighter and not requiring as much physical investment might be better. HeartSound has some nice ideas. what else were you thinking Faith?

it wouldn't be quite the same but you could even organize something like this online or here on the forum. and have people join a group video chat (such as with Zoom call which my fiance uses for his work meetings sometimes) if they are interested in sharing and seeing each other's faces. not everyone will, but if you do want to consider having an online face to face meeting you could let people know the exact details of it before they decide if they want to join. again it won't be like everyone really being in person, but you also will be able to connect more people that you wouldn't normally since they don't live near enough to be in each others immediate presence, but still might benefit with an intimate online group meeting
Old 23-03-2019, 05:54 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapphirez
I like the idea a lot but you know on this forum most people live all over the world, so there might be a few near you, but I guess it depends where you live. There might be a spiritual-based meetup or group stuff going on in your area already! If you feel like sharing your city or whatever I would be glad to help you look into it and see if there's anything you'd be interested in going on, or find areas online where such open & spiritually minded people hang out so you could ask them.

I love the quote in your signature hehe. hmm coming up with a book that everyone will be interested in could be a little trouble, but I am sure there are countless worthwhile books out there for this occasion so maybe it'd be easier. I could think of some I personally would like to explore with a group but I guess they largely have to do with food and exercises. well the human body in general and how to nourish and nurture it. things like Donna Eden Energy Medicine and other healing techniques. that'd be really cool to me, but pretty involved. something lighter and not requiring as much physical investment might be better. HeartSound has some nice ideas. what else were you thinking Faith?

it wouldn't be quite the same but you could even organize something like this online or here on the forum. and have people join a group video chat (such as with Zoom call which my fiance uses for his work meetings sometimes) if they are interested in sharing and seeing each other's faces. not everyone will, but if you do want to consider having an online face to face meeting you could let people know the exact details of it before they decide if they want to join. again it won't be like everyone really being in person, but you also will be able to connect more people that you wouldn't normally since they don't live near enough to be in each others immediate presence, but still might benefit with an intimate online group meeting

Well, yeah, I was meaning an in-person Meetup group that I can start on Meetup.com! I'm glad you like my signature. :) I thought having a gathering would help me with my social life!
Old 24-03-2019, 06:13 AM
Knower

I've hosted and attended different meet up group meetings. Law of attraction and reiki. For the ones I attended, some people had them in their home, also a small apartment, but the address was hidden unless you committed to going. The ones I've hosted, I rented a small community space and the donations (I had a donation box) exactly covered the rental without my asking for it.

The one thing I will recommend is to be prepared to facilitate the entire event. Have discussion questions ready in the event you have a shy group at first. And decide on the activities you want to suggest/do. You can definitely be casual and play it by ear, but the more preparation you have done ahead of time, the more 'spontaneous' you can be.

Have fun!
Old 24-03-2019, 07:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FaithR
Hello. I am trying to make some friends and I am thinking about starting a spiritual Meetup group that's basically a book club. So far, I'm thinking that I could have everyone get a specific book and we could study the book and then act upon what the book suggests and after each section that we have finished, we can gather and share ideas and what we have learned. I'm thinking there can be refreshments and some music and even some aromatherapy involved. My apartment is small, but I am still wondering if it would be alright for everyone to meet there. So, I'm just wondering if anyone has some suggestions about this. Please feel free to share!

I love this idea, go for it ... I am a member of a local book club we meet at each other's houses, as we all know each other. As you are talking about starting a new meet up, how about limiting spaces at first and start out in a local coffee shop, no reason to hire out a space. This will give you the feel of people and after a while you could move this to your apartment if you feel that everyone is genuine, or hire a small space once you know that you have interest.

I love the whole refreshment, music and aromatherapy being involved. I would say definitely move onto this.

As for topics and books, with my book club we take turns to suggest a book. It works really well and I have read books that I would not have chosen as a result and learned a lot from this...

All the luck with your endeavour, here's to hoping it goes well. Where are you by the way? You can PM me, I might be interested if you're close by
Old 26-03-2019, 05:32 AM
Pathfinder

how is your group going?
Old 11-04-2019, 08:53 PM
Guide
The public library has rooms you can use, you just have to schedule it. The meetup sounds interesting. How is it going FaithR? I have started Meetups for the same reason, to meet people when I moved to a new area.