Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Angels & Guides

Old 15-04-2012, 01:28 AM
wushen

Ancient Chinese guardians - Monthly Totems

Hello everybody!

I am curious if any of you heard about ancient Chinese totems, guardians of people born in the particular month? These are not just animal totems, but some sort of hybrids. For example, January born people's totem is the Horse with human face, February - Human with dragon head and so on. I found some descriptions of individual qualities and talents of people born under a certain Chinese totem and my description was very accurate. Do you know anything about these Chinese totems?

Thank you for all the help!
Old 15-04-2012, 04:21 AM
Master
I know that the Kirin, Phoenix, and Dragons are all animal hybrids. Where did you get the information on the different month totem hybrids?
Old 15-04-2012, 02:41 PM
Ascender
No I haven't but it will be interesting to know :) where did you get thoses information ? I'm curious :)

-This is either madness or brilliance !
- It's remarkable how often those two traits coincide ...
[Captain Jack Sparrow ]
Old 15-04-2012, 04:47 PM
wushen

Hi Berry and vicky3619! :)

I found this information here shjlab.wordpress.com/category/totems/
It seems that they are adding these totems each month, so there are only 4 there so far for people born on January - April. I assume they will be adding more each new month. They also have descriptions based on the specific date of birth, but I didn't find mine. However, I found one about my boyfriend, who was born in April and I was shocked as to how accurate it was. If you find any information about you or your friends I would love to hear your thoughts :) I never heard about this source before, but it seems really interesting.
Old 15-04-2012, 09:55 PM
Master
Thanks for the link Wushen. It is interesting read and feels more like Chinese horoscope. I'm not quite sold on their believe that they are the structure of human subconscious. I tend to think that it's a description of ancient geography and its inhabitants both human and spirits. I know 2 people born in March, and the descriptions do not fit them. I know another born in April and it kinda describes the person. I would like to read about all of the other monthly totems when they become available. Thanks for sharing!

There are people who have hybrid animal protectors/guides but it's not very common.
Old 16-04-2012, 01:00 AM
wushen

Berry,

Thank you very much for your comparison. I was wondering what other people think about all of it. Per my understanding, these guardians are like next level of development. Say all people who are born in March on different dates have different descriptions, but then they would ultimately become the totem once they get to the next level.

At first I thought it was some sort of horoscope myself, but then I read more and realized that it was something completely different. I am interested in Chinese philosophy and cosmology and I studied a lot of Chinese manuscripts, that is why it made sense to me why it was based on the date of birth. When I was studying I Ching and read some ancient sources in a library, I found a reference to Shan Hai Jing, but I cannot find the link right now. The comment was mentioning that I Ching described all the situations that a human being can get him/herself into, yet SHJ described all the psychic structures of humans. This book was used by ancient Chinese shamans in politics and so on. Anyway, it is a fun artifact.

How do you determine who is the personal protector/guide?
Old 16-04-2012, 02:44 AM
Master
I just did a general search. Shan Hai Jing is a collection of the Mountains and Seas, 550 mountains and 300 channels, with geographical and cultural accounts from pre Qin China including mythology, withcraft, religious beliefs, and shamanism. Wow, it's pretty interesting. I'm going to have to read the collection of books sometime.

I didn't know about personal protector guides until 2009 when my son suddenly developed the ability to see and converse with spirits after almost dying of strep pneumonia. He can see that every person and pets had a guide with them. And he went on to describe what they look like. Some are spirit animals like cats and eagles. Others have humans with wings on them. One night he was pointing to where my guide was and I saw a purple orb on our couch and his spirit friend which looked transparent white to me. Another time I saw my son's guides flying around and they looked like bright lights, brighter than the sun light filtering through the windows.

A friend once told me everyone has spirit guide/s but not everyone has protector guides. Protector guides are usually passed down from the same family and can skip generations. Hybrid animal guides are rarely seen, in her experience.
Old 16-04-2012, 04:58 PM
wushen

Interesting experience, Berry! Obviously, there is more to creation than the naked eye can see. I am happy you and your son were able to glimpse into another reality.

I wonder if this artifact allows us to actually communicate with out guides and not just see them, but understand their psyche and learn the language to talk to them. All I know that for a couple of days I was meditating on my totem, by studying this essence and some miracles started happening. I was able to sense something within my body and mind that I've never experienced before.
Old 16-04-2012, 10:20 PM
Master
Thank you. Unfortunately my son stopped seeing the spirits last summer. However, he retains his aura sighting and premo dreams.

Sounds like you are onto some new discoveries.