Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Complementary Therapies & Traditional Medicine > Natural Remedies

Old 04-04-2017, 07:59 PM
Master
Cranial Sacral Therapy

Does anyone have any experience with Cranial Sacral Therapy? The reason I'm asking is because someone close to me was diagnosed with Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP). It's a disorder where a person loses control of limbs/muscle movement and eventually can't swallow. They may also developed dementia at some point as well. An individual suggested to this person with PSP that he seek out Cranial Sacral Therapy to help him.

I guess because he received a neurological diagnosis from a Neurologist that specializes in movement disorders from one of the top research hospitals in the world, I have problems accepting that alternative medicine can cure him. PSP has no cure and physical therapy is not essential to get better, but to help the patient preserve some of the current muscle control that they still have so that they can avoid falling down.

So I'm asking if anyone has had any experience with Cranial Sacral Therapy because I would hate to think this man is being lead down a path to which he has hope to get better when that may not be the case.
Old 05-04-2017, 11:30 AM
Guide
CST is an absolutely amazing therapy, certainly not a "lead down the garden path". I’ve had this therapy many times in the past where nothing else has worked, so much that I often don't waste time pursuing other things, I just go straight to CST.

MOst people won't feel too much happening when they have the therapy because most people aren't particularly attuned to their bodies. However they will often report feeling better within the next few days.

I can't speak highly enough about it. But you also need to find a good practitioner as with everything in life some are better than others. It often comes down to who you feel comfortable with.
Old 05-04-2017, 12:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrycia-Rose
CST is an absolutely amazing therapy, certainly not a "lead down the garden path". I’ve had this therapy many times in the past where nothing else has worked, so much that I often don't waste time pursuing other things, I just go straight to CST.

MOst people won't feel too much happening when they have the therapy because most people aren't particularly attuned to their bodies. However they will often report feeling better within the next few days.

I can't speak highly enough about it. But you also need to find a good practitioner as with everything in life some are better than others. It often comes down to who you feel comfortable with.

Thank you for your valuable input, Patrycia-Rose.