Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 21-08-2012, 06:27 PM
Animus27

I completely understand why the ban is in place. There's ridiculous things for sale that serve nothing but to cheat people out of their money. It's all too easy to take a $5 bottle, paint some symbols on it and put "~*ANCIENT D'JINN FOR SALE. SUPER MAGICKAL!*~" with the starting bid $50.

I support eBay in their ban of spells and their ilk.
Old 22-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Quintessence

They are basically letting the bad apples spoil the entire crop. To me, that is not a proper solution to the problem. The websites is unlikely, however, to employ anybody competent enough to properly police these kinds of listings and develop a more sensible policy.
Old 22-08-2012, 05:47 AM
sunny shine

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Go on eBay and enter Magic Spells in Search. You will be amazed/horrified.

OMG....I dont know what to say
Old 22-08-2012, 06:36 AM
Master
I just went on E-bay and there is lots of witchcraft supplies available, if you into that stuff.
Old 22-08-2012, 07:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
I just went on E-bay and there is lots of witchcraft supplies available, if you into that stuff.

Fancy turning yourself into a werewolf then, PS ?
Old 22-08-2012, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
Fancy turning yourself into a werewolf then, PS ?
Werewolf ?, no i rather a vampire, yea I want to suck your blood.
Old 22-08-2012, 09:21 AM
Sungirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quintessence
They are basically letting the bad apples spoil the entire crop. To me, that is not a proper solution to the problem. The websites is unlikely, however, to employ anybody competent enough to properly police these kinds of listings and develop a more sensible policy.

But who could decide what was "real" and what wasn't? This isn't a defined thing. It's not like buying an electrical item which either works or it doesn't. There is no definitive way to sift the wheat from the chaff here.

In the end, there are a million other free websites that can sell this stuff, it's not like e-bay is the only outlet these people have. In the end Ebay is a business and it has to look after its own interests first.
Old 22-08-2012, 07:36 PM
Magpie

That would be so hard to regulate, haha. First one I found on my quick search:

★★ PERSONALISED WITCH MAGIC SPELLS BY SUZANNE ★★ Charity item
♥♥ RESULTS GUARANTEED OR MONEY BACK ♥♥
Returns: Not accepted

Three incongruous things in three lines: 'Charity item' 'Results Guaranteed or Money Back' 'Returns: Not accepted'.
...Though I suppose it makes sense in a way, you can refund money but it's sort of difficult to give a spell back. XD
Old 22-08-2012, 09:28 PM
Master

Whilst I agree, ebay needs to avoid conflicts and litigation for business purposes as many 'services' are offered which lets face it, the genuinely gifted would not use ebay to drum up business.

It highlights the susceptibility of the general public though.. you cannot protect them from walking into a shop and buying the same type of thing.. I was a a show for women and there were so many tarot readers/psychics there and people were queuing up. If people want this type of service/item then they will find it somehow if not on ebay elswhere. You cannot protect people from their own common sense.
Old 23-08-2012, 11:36 PM
Quintessence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sungirl
But who could decide what was "real" and what wasn't? This isn't a defined thing. It's not like buying an electrical item which either works or it doesn't. There is no definitive way to sift the wheat from the chaff here.

To me, it wouldn't be about deciding what is "real" and what isn't. To me, this case smells very similar to cities that have attempted to ban divination as a legitimate business practice because of a few scam artists abusing it. There are legitimate practitioners out there who are offering legitimate products. These people should have the right to offer their wares. I'm not saying I have "the answer" with how to determine who is a scam artist and who is not, but I do not feel that outright banning it is the correct policy. I would say the same thing to a city that bans all divination. It's a similar situation.