Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 05-12-2011, 06:51 PM
Master
Part of the Wiccan Credo is the Law of the Three-Fold Return.

"Mind the Threefold Law you should,
Three times bad and three times good
."

And this derives from the pagan notion of The Weaver goddess, Arianrhod, who spins the thread of being and weaves the web which connects all life together. Your actions are amplified by the Web and returned to you threefold. You are the agent of your own fate i.e. karma.
Old 05-12-2011, 09:15 PM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman

."

And this derives from the pagan notion of The Weaver goddess, Arianrhod, who spins the thread of being and weaves the web which connects all life together. Your actions are amplified by the Web and returned to you threefold. You are the agent of your own fate i.e. karma.

The wiccan credo is not holy...
Old 06-12-2011, 02:51 AM
Occultist

Quote:

."

not really I believe gardner just added it. you can connect something to anything given half the chance. 3x3 is just a Garald Gardner rede.
I mean we could tie this to the 3 fates or trinity or Goddess.
But nowhere in Witchcraft is there a 3fold law just intent and purpose. rest is man made.
Old 06-12-2011, 02:53 AM
Occultist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
Karma is not mention in the Charges and therefor i don't think that all wiccans believe in that. Btw if Wicca is not fear based... Why worship the lord and lady? Why follow the laws? What is the meaning of the life?
Wicca doesnt believe in a hell Lord and Lady is dietys of power to be worshiped only by those who choose. I am not Wiccan but a 3 fold law is a Kharmic law as apposed to a fire and brimstone hell law. dont you think?
Old 06-12-2011, 07:51 AM
Chrode

Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
Wicca doesnt believe in a hell Lord and Lady is dietys of power to be worshiped only by those who choose. I am not Wiccan but a 3 fold law is a Kharmic law as apposed to a fire and brimstone hell law. dont you think?

A punishment from the devine dos not have to be the hell like in Christianity.
It can be other things.
Old 06-12-2011, 09:23 AM
Wicked Willow

What bothers me most about Gardnerian Wicca is its faux history, coupled with its obvious (but unacknowledged) "borrowings" from the Golden Dawn, Thelema, and Freemasonry.

Plus, in spite of being often regarded as a feminist religion, it very much perpetuates traditional gender roles in how it defines masculinity and femininity.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:30 AM
Master
"borrowings" from the Golden Dawn, Thelema, and Freemasonry."

And the rest ! There is some valid history in the craft core.
Old 06-12-2011, 10:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
not really I believe gardner just added it. you can connect something to anything given half the chance. 3x3 is just a Garald Gardner rede.
I mean we could tie this to the 3 fates or trinity or Goddess.
But nowhere in Witchcraft is there a 3fold law just intent and purpose. rest is man made.

"And this derives from the pagan notion of The Weaver goddess, Arianrhod, who spins the thread of being and weaves the web which connects all life together. Your actions are amplified by the Web and returned to you threefold." This is part of Welsh Celtic Mythology.
Old 06-12-2011, 11:21 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
Karma is not mention in the Charges and therefor i don't think that all wiccans believe in that. Btw if Wicca is not fear based... Why worship the lord and lady? Why follow the laws? What is the meaning of the life?
If you follow the lord and lady out of fear they won't thank you for it. In Wicca you are meant to follow them out of love, it's a lot like family dynamics. If you listen to your parents out of fear, than you are not going to have a good relationship with them, but rather a perverse version of what a family is supposed to be. On the other hand, if you listen to your parents out of love and because you trust them, then you have a true relationship with them. NO real relationships were ever built on fear, and the same holds true for the relationship a wiccan holds with the lord and lady.

I used to Fly.
Old 06-12-2011, 12:13 PM
Wicked Willow

Quote:
"borrowings" from the Golden Dawn, Thelema, and Freemasonry."

And the rest ! There is some valid history in the craft core.

I don't mind so much that Gardner collected ideas from various sources and combined them into something new. What I do mind is not giving credit to your sources, and pretending that it's all been part of your own system to begin with.
Pretending to be a secret stone age religion doesn't exactly help, either.