Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 10-06-2011, 11:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by windwhistle
Yes Norseman the knowledge is in the earth and is there for all who seek it. Beautiful, true words. Do I detect a kindred spirit in you?!!!

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=4753
Old 11-06-2011, 12:03 AM
LightFilledHeart

Quote:
Witch, magic, craft, wise.....words. Forget words and go back to pure essence.

Yesssssssssssss! We have been called many things over the ages, but our truth lies beyond labels and in the essence of our being and our consciousness. We know we are different from ordinary folk, and we recognize our own when we meet them...
Old 12-06-2011, 05:39 PM
LightFilledHeart

P.S. "Different" does not mean "better"....!!
Old 16-06-2011, 07:40 AM
Lostgirl

I love this :) Made me smile and kinda made me understand a little bit more Thank you.
Old 03-07-2011, 07:37 PM
NorwegianWiccaGirl

You know, I think you're right. But people change. A person who is not into witchcraft at all may suddenly get interested. But again... maybe it's destiny...
And yes, we are very different than others, which is a good thing. We are, as you say, able to feel other things that "ordinary" people.
Old 04-07-2011, 04:04 PM
moke64916

Quote:
That's right. I was born a witch. Take away the Wicca religion, the Wiccan mythology, the spiritual training, the entire journey of my life...and what do you have...A Witch.

Witches are not made. Real witches are drawn to Wicca because it is a place that resonates with them...although not always entirely as there is a lot of myth to Wicca.

Real witches try many different spiritual paths...always seeking Truth for the knowing that is already inside of them.

I do not believe witches are made. Either you are or you aren't and no amount of learning will make you one if you aren't. You can call yourself a Priestess but that is just a title and of the ego. The witch's journey is an inward one and often lonely. It is shamanistic...it is not ordinary. Witch's are truly different...they hear colors, feel sounds and intuit what is truly going on. The trick for the witch is to be in the world...though she is never of it.
hahaha. I think all of this stuff on witchcraft is funny. This is so old school stuff. Witchcraft. OOOOHHHHHH. lol. What is the definition of a witch now in days? Sorry if I offended anyone. I just think it's funny picturing witches. Making potions and stuff. It humors me. If any of you claim that you are a witch. What is your definition of a witch? What does a witch do in modern days? Does witchcraft have to do with dark magic vodo stuff? If so, I'm out. How can anyone come to the conclusion that they are a witch?
Old 04-07-2011, 05:45 PM
NorwegianWiccaGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
hahaha. I think all of this stuff on witchcraft is funny. This is so old school stuff. Witchcraft. OOOOHHHHHH. lol. What is the definition of a witch now in days? Sorry if I offended anyone. I just think it's funny picturing witches. Making potions and stuff. It humors me. If any of you claim that you are a witch. What is your definition of a witch? What does a witch do in modern days? Does witchcraft have to do with dark magic vodo stuff? If so, I'm out. How can anyone come to the conclusion that they are a witch?

When you hear the word "witch", you probably think something like "an old lady, evil, with lots of wrinkles and warts in her face".
Well, maybe there are witches like that.
But, there are not just those witches around us.
A witch can be a beautiful woman, 30 years old, who tries to be a good person.

Witches now a day, is just a person who uses magic to;
- protect herself and others
- help her in the daily life
- understand the world around her
- get closer to nature
These things above is what I use magic for. I guess other witches does a bit of the same, too.

When you cast spells, no "light explotion" comes out of your wand (or whatever you are using to cast the spell).

It's not like Harry Potter, nor fairytales.

You can't for example make your hair get longer in two seconds.
But you can make it grow faster, absolutley.

Why don't you cast a spell yourself?
If you are going to try this, you can't think "Nah, this will never work. I'm just gonna try.", there's no point trying.
If you believe, if you know that your spell will work - it will.
Be open. Believe. Explore.

And by the way - I'm not using vodoo. Maybe some witches are, but I'm not using dark magic.
And you don't have to, either. You choose which person you want to be. If you hate dark magic - just be a good witch.

Some witches are making "potions". Well, at least natural medicine. They use different types of herbs.
But not recipes like this;
2 pairs of rat heads
1 farting bread
9 frog legs

But if you want to be a witch (or at least try for a moment) I wish you good look, and have fun! :)

My advice: gather some information about magic before you start...
Magic does exist, and you may get in big trouble if you are just messing around...
Old 02-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Occultist

You can be born with a knowing or understanding of the craft. you cannot not be born knowing instantly how to cast a circle or spell weave. But I do believe you can be born with a calling. Humans are born Witchcraft is a Craft it is taught and passed down to others.
Old 02-01-2012, 04:01 PM
sesheta

Originally Posted by moke64916

I am a witch myself and don't worry, sometimes I even get amused by the images of witches as old women with broomsticks, muttering over a cauldron!!
How do I use witchcraft? I consider it as a way of living and thinking. Yes, there are spells sometimes - casting circles and using the cauldron :) But those are simply tools - tools to build and contain the energy you use to cast. And yes, there are many different "types" of witchcraft- personally, I am more connected to animals and nature- stones and trees, etc. My belief is simply that everything has energy and spirit - yes, even stones and trees! Tapping into that energy is what connects us to the Earth, and to each other.
You can choose to be a "good witch" or a "bad witch" - just like any other religion. How many people do you know who claim to be "Christians" - but they turn around and treat people with total disrespect, kick their dog, and ignore their kids? It's all in how you live your life....
Old 02-01-2012, 11:09 PM
Occultist

I have a couldron I do practise a way of life I spell weave create potions and lots of things I am not good or bad not right or wrong I weave energy. Definition of a witch is the same now as it was then we are never ending.
It is a way of life it is not like what tv or movies make it out to be.
Witchcraft has nothing to do with Voodoo/Root working although I know many of those priestess also. Witchcraft is neither good or bad that comes from the heart of the Witch. I feel sad for you moke64916 cause it seems this might be something you are afraid of or uncomfortable with thats why you made sure to include your "laughs". You are not born a Witch its taught but you can be born with a calling. You do not arrive out of the womb casting spells. This is not a religion this is a way of life.