Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 25-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Experiencer

A Lightworker with Empathy Issues???

I seem to have some sort of complicated connection to angels and I feel like part of my path involves them in some way, or even I'm an incarnated angel. But here's the issue, I have problems with empathy (knowing the feelings of others/putting yourself in other's shoes). What has been confirmed is I have an autism-related condition. But it's not like I don't care about people, I care greatly, but I have enough of a problem putting myself on other's shoes that my husband is working with me on it. Here's the kicker, I've been told by more than one person I'm empathic! Sometimes I feel I can feel the emotions of others when they are around me... like sometimes I swear I can feel the basic emotions my husband is feeling at the moment.

I'm very confused.
Old 16-08-2014, 06:39 PM
Ascender
Empaths feel things to varying degrees. Some get very drained from it too.
Old 18-08-2014, 07:42 PM
korryn92

I find that I can feel most other peoples' emotions too. For me it makes it very confusing to figure out my relationships or opinions of new people in my life. Like I'll think they are a kind person one minute and the next I wont want to even talk to them. I think this is from feeling the emotions and opinions other people have on the person but it does get confusing. I also get very drained after being in large crowds because of all the differing emotions coming from a bunch of people.

I was sort of told/taught to sort of psychically protect myself by putting up a sort of shield that helps keep my emotions separate from other's emotions. Grounding also helps me to get rid of the excess energy/emotions that make me feel drained. I tend to go through periods where I get lazy and don't do either and find I am more tired and stressed during these times.

If you don't do the shielding and grounding already I bet there are a bunch of threads on here that would explain it well if you searched the forums. I am terrible at explaining things so searching the forums would be much easier :)
Old 25-08-2014, 01:43 AM
Knower
Fish

There are no coincidences in life. I too, am a Reiki healer who is dealing with being on the higher end of the autistic spectrum. Being around people, especially large crowds is over-whelming, and exhausting. Take time for yourself, for every hour you spend with people, take an hour by yourself to recollect yourself. If you ever need anyone to talk to, please PM me. I know what you're going through and you're not alone :)
Old 02-09-2014, 11:46 AM
Experiencer
There are theories that say that some kinds of autism are not caused by having too low an ability to read people but in fact by having a sensitivity that is so extremely high that the system shuts down to prevent overload.

I have very mild asperger traits myself and I can not read faces or expressions. But I compensated by reading all other kinds of clues like tone of voice and even that intangible thing called "vibe"
Old 17-10-2014, 02:11 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by korryn92
I find that I can feel most other peoples' emotions too. For me it makes it very confusing to figure out my relationships or opinions of new people in my life. Like I'll think they are a kind person one minute and the next I wont want to even talk to them. I think this is from feeling the emotions and opinions other people have on the person but it does get confusing. I also get very drained after being in large crowds because of all the differing emotions coming from a bunch of people.

I was sort of told/taught to sort of psychically protect myself by putting up a sort of shield that helps keep my emotions separate from other's emotions. Grounding also helps me to get rid of the excess energy/emotions that make me feel drained. I tend to go through periods where I get lazy and don't do either and find I am more tired and stressed during these times.

If you don't do the shielding and grounding already I bet there are a bunch of threads on here that would explain it well if you searched the forums. I am terrible at explaining things so searching the forums would be much easier :)

I have this problem too. In past relationships I don't think I liked any of my exs. I didn't feel the need to call or talk to them when they werent around. When theyd step into the room, the feelings would flood in and I'd wonder if I was feeling what they felt for me.