Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Old 10-06-2015, 01:56 PM
Ascender

A very interesting discussion on consciousness & science by Rupert Sheldrake -

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oxsNpMpPT3Q
Old 11-06-2015, 03:38 PM
Master

Hi Being,

Do you think schizophrenia can be a result of entity attachment?
Or do you believe schizophrenia is a innate deviation?
Old 11-06-2015, 03:44 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serrao
Do you think schizophrenia can be a result of entity attachment?

What gets labelled as schizophrenia/psychosis i think may be 20 or more different things.

Yes, i think very often there can be spirit/entity attachment involved in cases. There are a lot of spiritual areas these experiences go into, as well as things on physiological, psychological & social levels.

Quote:
Or do you believe schizophrenia is a innate deviation?

i'm Not quite sure what you mean by that?
Old 11-06-2015, 03:57 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
i'm Not quite sure what you mean by that?
That there is something wrong with the brains by birth.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:30 PM
Ascender

Quote:

It's very hard to know. There are so many different opinions on all these areas.

Certainly from the mind is brain; materialistic science, physiological/biomedical perspectives, research & understandings, schizophrenia is primarily seen as a brain disorder. Some recent research here -

Pineal gland volume in schizophrenia and mood disorders -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26057310

Differences in gray matter volume corresponding to delusion and hallucination -

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/26056452

The 3q29 deletion confers >40-fold increase in risk for schizophrenia -

http://www.nature.com/mp/journal/vao...mp201576a.html

i'd question cause/effect - & i think biological, psychological & social areas are interrelated in complex ways - i'm Not sure that physiology/biology can really be separated from environment -

http://www.filmsforaction.org/watch/...ve-ever-heard/

It's a very difficult, complex & controversial question.

Best conclusion i can come to personally is an integral/holistic model.
Old 11-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Ascender

Quote:

What are your opinions/views on it all Serrao?
Old 11-06-2015, 06:35 PM
Ascender

Maybe it's better for the majority of people so diagnosed, to accept the diagnosis, take the pills & accept the illness/brain disorder biomedical model on it all. That seems best course of action for a lot of people.

For debatable reasons there are people that do make fuller recoveries/healing, but that maybe isn't the norm? Maybe there are genuine brain disorders & also other reasons for psychosis. It all gets very confused.

i tend to think a lot does depend on the understanding, help & support people receive - But i may be wrong? & regardless of my views on it all, i can't change society/the system in relation to it all.

Primarily i've wanted to make a fuller healing/recovery from my own difficulties, & i have made a lot of progress - i also have to accept the diagnosis, that i have an illness, need medication, that my overall health/functioning has been very effected, & i probably won't achieve, nor make as much progress with certain things as i originally envisioned/wanted.

i can't really find categorical answers to things, or my own life experiences - certain spiritual explanations do make some sense - so too do certain psychosocial & psychiatric understandings. People are in depth & complex - mental health disorders are generally complex conditions.

Be interested in other peoples views.
Old 11-06-2015, 07:31 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Being
People are in depth & complex - mental health disorders are generally complex conditions.
People yes but mental health disorders actually aren't that complex.

Mental disorders are viewed from physical perspective. They are all based on what is perceived in physical world. What we perceive are "faults".
But the mind does not lie in the physical world. There could be something wrong with the mind but that is unlikely. And you cannot really evaluate the mind from physical perspective, only superficially.

Let's say the mind is okay, but in physical world faults are perceived. The problem lies in the brain, but the brain is not the mind. Brain is merely an interface between physical world and mental world. So that thought-forms could be translated correctly into physical terms (or physical into mental), without faults, the connection has to be right and unobstructed.

The mind sends (probably) always "perfect" signals to the brain.
For everything to be fine neural configurations have to be able to do their job correctly. If there are deficiencies of nutrients-vitamins-minerals that are necessary for proper brain functioning, there will be issues. If there are toxic substances in the body that get in the way, there will be problems. If there are some negative energies disrupting, there will be problems. Parasites? Again issues. Is there actual physical bodily damage caused by these? That's a bigger issue, the longer lasting kind, to some extent even permanent damage (though body does heal itself from (nearly) anything, every part of it, but some parts take longer).

If there are health issues, any kind health issues. One that always has to be addressed is diet. Diet has to be adequately right, always.
Goal is to give the body all the nutrients-vitamins-minerals it needs in quantities it needs them. Without toxins and other unnecessary harmful substances. And the body will heal itself from nearly everything.

Then of course what is a "right" diet... long topic on its own. In short all raw, emphasis on raw nutrient dense animal products.
There are also parasites that need to be addressed with emphasis, because they are nasty creatures. Parasites love toxins and excess sugar.

"Living" my life. Then getting a severe health problem (unrelated to mental health), finding the real cause and thus cure ("eating right"), and then after a few weeks completely unexpectedly noticing mental parts of myself, that I previously thought were "inseparable part of me", simply disappear...
Old 11-06-2015, 07:36 PM
Ascender

Orthomolecular medicine is very controversial, especially in relation to mental health disorders.

There are myriad theories as to mind/brain & mental illness - No one seems to have a categorical answer on it all?

i don't think it's simple.