Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 03-06-2018, 03:59 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
sounds a bit like something Jesus said not in the new testament
if this quote can be connected to the Holy Spirit

As the elders who saw John the disciple of the Lord remembered that they had heard from him how the Lord taught in regard to those times, and said]: "The days will come in which vines shall grow, having each ten thousand branches, and in each branch ten thousand twigs, and in each true twig ten thousand shoots, and in every one of the shoots ten thousand clusters, and on every one of the clusters ten thousand grapes, and every grape when pressed will give five-and-twenty metretes of wine. And when any one of the saints shall lay hold of a cluster, another shall cry out, 'I am a better cluster, take me; bless the Lord through me.' In like manner, [He said] that a grain of wheat would produce ten thousand ears, and that every ear would have ten thousand grains, and every grain would yield ten pounds of clear, pure, fine flour; and that apples, and seeds, and grass would produce in similar proportions; and that all animals, feeding then only on the productions of the earth, would become peaceable and harmonious, and be in perfect subjection to man." [Testimony is borne to these things in writing by Papias, an ancient man, who was a hearer of John and a friend of Polycarp

If this is from Jesus then it is a wonderful prediction.
It may be the Holy Spirit at work in nature providing us all with Abundance,but first I think the spirit must come through us and into land by our actions and feelings.
I googled Papias,,there is interesting info there.
Old 03-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Ascender

Hello again django and all.

To any individual oneness may begin as a mental concept--and may remain such. It can also become the reality for those who choose to live it I believe--frequent and perhaps inevitable stumbling notwithstanding. As a state of conscious reality it is--I believe--a life lived with the perception of being of the whole, all which is, and was, and will be. It is not however an ambition to feel what could be, but an immersion in what always is.

So oneness in the meaning which I attempt to describe is unlimited in that all which is, was and will be is inevitably connected. Empathy, I believe, is enabled in living the reality of that connection. It is--again, so I believe--this connection which those gathered in that room experienced, with what may have have been seeded by common shared purpose and belief amongst the group becoming oneness in the description attempted above.

petex
Old 03-06-2018, 07:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by weareunity
Hello again django and all.

To any individual oneness may begin as a mental concept--and may remain such. It can also become the reality for those who choose to live it I believe--frequent and perhaps inevitable stumbling notwithstanding. As a state of conscious reality it is--I believe--a life lived with the perception of being of the whole, all which is, and was, and will be. It is not however an ambition to feel what could be, but an immersion in what always is.

So oneness in the meaning which I attempt to describe is unlimited in that all which is, was and will be is inevitably connected. Empathy, I believe, is enabled in living the reality of that connection. It is--again, so I believe--this connection which those gathered in that room experienced, with what may have have been seeded by common shared purpose and belief amongst the group becoming oneness in the description attempted above.

petex

I think you're trying to envision a Pentecost minus any supernatural intervention, and that is where you're at, but I prefer to imagine the breath of God there, and the fulfilment of a promise made by Jesus.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:16 AM
Master
So after this very enlightening conversation (thanks to all involved), my question -which has been touched on a number of times by other posters - is this. Was the Grace of the Holy Spirit spread to all believers from that moment on, freely available to all, or are we still waiting for the Grace of the Holy Spirit individually after jumping through some hoops?

Why are some of the Saints more saintly if the same grace is shared amongst all believers? Did they just believe more, have more faith? Submit more? Do they just know how to access what is freely available to everyone better??? I wonder if Grace of the Holy Spirit might be more easily available than I have imagined up to now.
Old 03-06-2018, 08:28 AM
Deactivated Account
The Holy Spirit was promised us but:

The Holy Spirit is our Spiritual being.
So what was promised us is but the knowledge, that this is so.

Quote:
unless one is born of water and the Spirit

For me, the water in this sentence has a different meaning.

While material things can not be put together (read 1+1=2), the water behaves differently !

Use one drop of water, and put it together with another drop of water, and it you will still have a drop of water ! (1+1=1)
Of course it is a bit bigger in volume, but still it is same and one.
And this points to the understanding of the Spiritual realm: The Spirit may appear as many, but they are all one/same.
Old 03-06-2018, 10:54 AM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by django
Do they just know how to access what is freely available to everyone better??? I wonder if Grace of the Holy Spirit might be more easily available than I have imagined up to now.

This is the answer for me.Knowledge and experiences gained from many live's here.I don't believe it can be done in one life unless you get the Tongue of Fire.Perhaps the saint's were the apostle's and others who found the Spirit, coming back to remind us.
After the thinking I'v done in this thread I believe the Spirit is within us all waiting to grow.
It has been supressed since the time of Jesus by Ruler's,King's,Dictator's,intellectual's and religious leader's....Fear is what has kept it from growing,Human fear and Spiritual fear.We have not had Spiritual freedom.

In our modern world we have now got Spiritual Freedom after 2000 year's with the coming of the World Wide Web....Engine's and Electricity changed us very fast,they have negative effects too but we are more stable with these inventions which give us security and time to grow spiritually.

Spiritual Freedom is having a rapid effect on us too and the old way's and thought's will die out that's for sure and a respect for other religious views will come.Or be a mish mash like me.
Love your neighbour is the magic potion.Understand your neighbour by listening.Do unto others...We have the instructions and so have the Muslim's and Hindu's and Buddhist's and happy Atheist's.

The Holy Spirit is growing as it is flying around the world in cyberspace reaching many.
Old 03-06-2018, 11:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by barrynu
After the thinking I've done in this thread I believe the Spirit is within us all waiting to grow.

Amen !

Old 03-06-2018, 02:14 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
I believe the Spirit is within us all waiting to grow.
It has been supressed since the time of Jesus by Ruler's,King's,Dictator's,intellectual's and religious leader's....Fear is what has kept it from growing,Human fear and Spiritual fear.We have not had Spiritual freedom.

Here is, kinda, my explanation/view on the Happenings:

To say something in favor of Spirit: Whatever happened in Time, can be used as a Lesson.

You see the history is full of it.
All the dictators, wars, rulers, banks, , mobsters and other things which strikes the fear on your hearth, are but one question:

Do you still think, you can do this on your OWN ?

And

Can't you recognize what Love is ?

(These two question go together, in their meaning they are the same)

This is a great time to live in, because, Now, you have many evidences of what love is NOT.
And It becomes easier and easier to decide FOR God.

Spiritual Teacher are Sprouting. And thanks to the Internet, these teachings are available to everyone who is interested/inspired.
Old 22-06-2018, 10:42 AM
boshy b. good

'the holy ghost' 'is and be' the refuge in
the darker hours. go to him's what

Last edited by boshy b. good : 22-06-2018 at 12:31 PM.