Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Health

Old 24-01-2013, 03:09 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baile
Exactly, and while the health advice in this thread is great, the fact is cancer just happens regardless, and for many different and unrelated reasons. Nothing more to it than that, and not a lot one can do about it either..
That simply is not so....

The things that help to generate cancer has become far more pervasive... but the idea that cancer is inevitable, or is overly mysterious, or could strike surprisingly at any time, is more a sign of our times, and not an historical norm. As a child I knew very few people who died of cancer... I'm 58... that was not that long ago... now it's nearing the 50% mark, becoming something of a norm... why is that? There is something going on that has changed over the last 50 years or so that I've been watching happen in real time... so why do the folks living today get cancer, when the folks living back then rarely did? Why is type two diabetes, what used to be an old persons disease, (over 65) why is that now starting to show up in children? Why is this also becoming common among adults?

To just close ones eyes and assume it's a mystery is to relinquish ones control, and to assume one is helpless... a victim of being physical.. oh well...

No thank you.... a brief look into how we've immersed ourselves into chemicals (in our food, our cleaning products, our building supplies, in our car, in our health care goods), at how our foods have been demineralized, GMO'd, grown commercially and repetitively on exhausted grounds... much of all this has changed fairly recently, certainly within my lifetime, just since the second world war there's been around 100,000 new chemical compounds that's been added to the mix...

This is not a big mystery... we can look right at the causes... the idea that we're stuck with this, and that cancer just happens, is not only untenable but it's a relinquishing of our innate ability to both problem-solve and to then move firmly toward a more wizened solution...
Old 24-01-2013, 04:10 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephenK
To just close ones eyes and assume it's a mystery is to relinquish ones control, and to assume one is helpless... a victim of being physical.. oh well...
The fact is Stephen there are many reasons some people contract cancer and others don't. Could be health-related, environment-related, karma-related, overall life-attitide, etc. and so forth. And it's certainly much easier to insist you absolutely know how to avoid contracting cancer, when you're not a cancer victim.
Old 24-01-2013, 04:53 PM
StephenK

Quote:
The fact is Stephen there are many reasons some people contract cancer and others don't. Could be health-related, environment-related, karma-related, overall life-attitide, etc. and so forth. And it's certainly much easier to insist you absolutely know how to avoid contracting cancer, when you're not a cancer victim.
I have people all around me getting cancer, my wifes first husband died of cancer at the age of 24, his mother died of cancer around the age of 70 while being treated by the medical system in much the same way... the medicines used were highly toxic, and killed his mother within a week of being administered. About 6 years ago my wife thought she had breast cancer, after the test were run she was cleared but the feeling of threat stayed with us... I know cancer... and I'm currently watching it rear it's head all around me on a fairly consistent basis... and it's also clear that how it's being treated it pretty much a waist-land of money making schemes... there are numerous alternative approaches to dealing with cancer that have not only been ignored, but the government has been actively involved in shutting them down....

Resignation in this case is the biggest killer.. people keep eating what they're eating, exposing themselves to high rates of toxicity, mentally resigning themselves to the act of giving-in, and then get cancer and die...

Why would that be preferable over actually addressing the problem...?
Old 24-01-2013, 05:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Why would that be preferable over actually addressing the problem...?
As I said, there is no "one problem" and one reason people contract cancer, therefore no person can offer a one-size-fits-all solution. Address the question as best one can, yes. Eat healthy and properly. Develop a stress-free lifestyle. Change one's life attitude. And be aware of environmental causes. I'm suggesting all that and more; it's important to be informed and self-aware, always.

Speaking of which Stephen, you mention and support healthy lifestyle choices in your first post in this thread. Yet I see you posting what seems to be contradictory info elsewhere. For example, you happily promoted cooking with bacon fat in one thread a few weeks back. Certainly anyone who is looking to reduce their chances of contracting cancer and other illnesses should be told to stop eating animal fat of all things, and to even refrain from consuming animal products of any kind.
Old 24-01-2013, 05:59 PM
StephenK

Quote:
As I said, there is no "one problem" and one reason people contract cancer, therefore no person can offer a one-size-fits-all solution. Address the question as best one can, yes. Eat healthy and properly. Develop a stress-free lifestyle. Change one's life attitude. And be aware of environmental causes. I'm suggesting all that and more; it's important to be informed and self-aware, always.

Much better... And I easily agree :^)

Quote:
Speaking of which Stephen, you mention and support healthy lifestyle choices in your first post in this thread. Yet I see you posting what seems to be contradictory info elsewhere. For example, you happily promoted cooking with bacon fat in one thread a few weeks back. Certainly anyone who is looking to reduce their chances of contracting cancer and other illnesses should be told to stop eating animal fat of all things, and to even refrain from consuming animal products of any kind.

This isn't a contradiction... for a very interesting look as to how we've gotten into the pickle that we're now in here's a link to the original publication by Weston Price:

http://www.w8md.com/nutrition_vs_physical_degeneration_dr_weston_price .pdf

It was written back in the 30's, and what makes it so fascinating is the insight it provides as to what was going on back then. He looked for and then traveled back to the location of indigenous cultures and studied their health situation at the time.... he was mainly looking at the frequency of cavities and the shape of the jaw in relation to diet (he was a dentist).... but what equally makes it so interesting is that he also studied the relatives of these same cultures who had moved over time and came in contact with the more modern day food stuffs that we think of as normal today. Invariably, as the previously very-healthy indigenous culture came in contact with our more modern food stuffs their health tanked... and this was occurring all around the world at the time... an indigenous culture was safe until they tapped into our foods... they then collapsed... and this collapse was occurring almost upon contact, within a single generation...

Now it didn't matter what this culture was eating... some ate "a lot of meat" some ate very little... what was important was that the foods were nutrient rich and chemical free.... The indigenous Eskimos ate roughly 95% meats and they were vibrant and healthy... while the indigenous Swiss at the time, those huddled deep back in the mountains, ate very little meat, about a small helping a week, and they were vibrant and healthy as well... meat eating is not a health issue in and of itself... it's become one because of the way it's now raised and the stuff added to it later, and then what it's eaten alongside of.... meat that's humanly raised and unadulterated by chemicals is still a safe option... it was back then, it still is within the context of serious qualifiers...

I eagerly recommend you read this book... it's surprisingly easy to read considering that it's so heavily research related... and it pretty much blows the lid off much of the advice that is now being proffered by so many diverse disciplines and dietary schemes...
Old 24-01-2013, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
The indigenous Eskimos ate roughly 95% meats and they were vibrant and healthy... while the indigenous Swiss at the time, those huddled deep back in the mountains, ate very little meat, about a small helping a week, and they were vibrant and healthy as well... meat eating is not a health issue in and of itself... it's become one because of the way it's now raised and the stuff added to it later, and then what it's eaten alongside of.... meat that's humanly raised and unadulterated by chemicals is still a safe option... it was back then, it still is within the context of serious qualifiers...
That's certainly very interesting and there's no doubt a lot of truth there. Now if only I had read that 10 years ago, before I stopped eating meat.
Old 24-01-2013, 08:14 PM
StephenK

Quote:
That's certainly very interesting and there's no doubt a lot of truth there. Now if only I had read that 10 years ago, before I stopped eating meat.
Heeeheee I feel your pain... :^)

I went almost a year recently as a strict veggie (did veggie also for 4 years when I was younger) and liked it at first, (back then and more recently) but in each there came a point where my body would "demand" that I eat meat. In each case I was absolutely dedicated to the veggie diet but even the picture of a piece of sausage in an ad would almost drive me to distraction. This book appeared as a godsend.. that and Natasha Campbell-McBride's (founder of GAP's) observations on the subject of "cravings". She highlighted the connection we have between our taste cravings and our bodily needs... she did make the distinction between eating sound healthy foods and distancing ourselves from the garbage. Once we do so we then need to listen... what are we actually hungry for? .. what are we craving? When our body is familiar with what we're willing to give it, it will prompt us for what to eat next, and as to how much... Sometimes we'll be craving a salad and veggies, other-times will tilt more towards meat, and at other times we won't be hungry at all, and then there's the times that we're starving... If the foods that we expose ourselves to are clean and intelligently chosen, then the feedback loop between our cravings and our needs become ever more clear, and quite specific. I've been going with this pattern over the last year or so and it works... quite remarkable really... it doesn't take much meat to turn the cravings of.. veggies sometimes are the only thing I'm longing for.. it's kinda cool to be taking control over my individual needs by honoring the voice of my body as it whispers whats-next. :^)
Old 25-01-2013, 08:02 AM
sesheta

To Baile

the fact is cancer just happens regardless, and for many different and unrelated reasons. Nothing more to it than that, and not a lot one can do about it either. I think that's easier to understand when someone in your immediate family has died from cancer.

I am a cancer survivor....I don't believe that cancer (or much of anything else) "just happens regardless".....
Yes, I agree that there are many factors that contribute - not just eating habits. Absolutely right...I can almost guarantee that my own cancer was caused more from psychological/emotional stress, than it was from the food I was eating!!
However - I think that if people aren't willing to address & work on the factors that can lead to cancer - whether it's their eating habits, smoking, stress, or lack of exercise - then most of the battle is already lost. It's kind of like saying "oh, I'll just do/eat/react whatever or however I want, it doesn't matter."
It all matters.
Old 25-01-2013, 08:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Exactly, and while the health advice in this thread is great, the fact is cancer just happens regardless, and for many different and unrelated reasons. Nothing more to it than that, and not a lot one can do about it either. I think that's easier to understand when someone in your immediate family has died from cancer. And I have a sister and three uncles who had cancer and who died from it. And while it's a terrible illness obviously, it's a part of life and of the incarnation experience.
Very wisely and well said Baile.
Old 25-01-2013, 03:05 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by sesheta
Yes, I agree that there are many factors that contribute - not just eating habits. Absolutely right...I can almost guarantee that my own cancer was caused more from psychological/emotional stress, than it was from the food I was eating!!
The stress factor is huge! Poor food choices help lay the foundation, high levels of toxicity helps set the stage as well... but I've seen repeated quite consistently in my studying that higher levels of stress are almost always present during the formation of most cancers... all of these serve to form a toxic stew that essentially pulls the rug out from under our bodies ability to go comfortably about it's business...

Here's a great page that goes into the stress part of cancer in some detail:

How Stress Causes Cancer at The Cellular Level
Cancer occurs when the body's cells become depleted of adrenaline, high in sugar and low in oxygen due to "prolonged stress". This leads to a breaking of the cells 'oxygen krebs cycle' causing cell mutation. There are a number of factors that create stress on the body's cells. Psychological stresses include (and are not limited to): inescapable shock, repressed emotional pain and anger, depression, isolation, poor sleep, emotional trauma, and external life stress. Physiological stresses include (and are not limited to): poor nutrition, chemicals, toxins, EMF radiation, parasites, liver or colon or kidney disease, and lack of exercise. In the vast majority of those with cancer, there exists both a combination of psychological as well as physiological stresses that have contributed to the formation of cancer within the body. We have simplified into six separate phases, how cancer forms within the body at the cellular level over an 18-24 month period.

more at: http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/cancer-stress-link.html

And then there's this under the heading of "who survives cancer":
http://www.alternative-cancer-care.com/who-survives-cancer.html

But I noticed something else. I call it SYSTEM CHANGE. We all live in Systems. In our marriage, in our house, in our job, etc. Many, many, many of these cancer patients made system jumps. They kicked their husband in the butt and threw him out. They quit their job, they moved, they not only moved their bed, they moved out of their apartment, they went to other countries. Does it mean that you have to do all of these things? I don't know. Quite honestly, I don't know. But I can tell you from my experience, it's just remarkable to what extent people changed their life before they were in a position to get well.