Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 22-01-2020, 09:59 AM
Knower

Does schizophrenia indirectly mean spiritual awakening

I have found that all the symptoms of schizophrenia match symptoms of spiritual awakening. So does both indirectly mean the same as per medical terms.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:32 AM
Master

How so?

Bliss
Centerdness
Compassion
Detachment
Attention internalised
Non-judgmental
Expansion of consciousness
Discernment between reality and illusion ...

What’s common between these and schizophrenia?

Old 22-01-2020, 10:40 AM
hazada guess

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore
I have found that all the symptoms of schizophrenia match symptoms of spiritual awakening. So does both indirectly mean the same as per medical terms.

I get what you're trying to say kishore but usually schizophrenics have bad thoughts.It could be bad entities making themselves known,but who know's?
Old 22-01-2020, 10:53 AM
Greenslade

The links between Spirituality and mental health in general are not well understood and little has been done by way of one coming to terms with the other. In medical terms, the answer to your question would be a resounding "No!!!" because the vast majority of mental health professionals won't pay much heed to religion/Spirituality as a serious subject within the field. From the position of mental health Awakening ticks quite a few disorder boxes and some of them dissociative ones - the case for Spirituality itself as a dissociative disorder can be made. As for the definitions of Spirituality and awakening, there's very little consensus of opinion and whether someone is Spiritual or awakened seems to be entirely a personal choice rather than anything that can be measured against.

For my own part it would be too easy to pin all kinds of Spiritual merit badges on myself but that would be exacerbating any mental health issue and be delusion as Spirituality. What it means for me is that I question my Spirituality and doubt very much if I am Awakened since there are no generally-accepted criteria as to what being awakened actually is. From a Spiritual perspective, I have a degree of self-awareness beyond ideologies and theologies and can quite happily accept myself, warts and all.

Edit:: Just found this while I was stumbling around The link for the Individuation process is worth a click too.
https://scottjeffrey.com/spiritual-a..._Enlightenment

Last edited by Greenslade : 22-01-2020 at 11:54 AM.
Old 22-01-2020, 10:54 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker

How so?

Bliss
Centerdness
Compassion
Detachment
Attention internalised
Non-judgmental
Expansion of consciousness
Discernment between reality and illusion ...

What’s common between these and schizophrenia?

Yes, but i mean the negative aspects or side effects of spiritual awakening and symptoms of schizophrenia are pretty much same
Old 22-01-2020, 11:16 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by hazada guess
I get what you're trying to say kishore but usually schizophrenics have bad thoughts.It could be bad entities making themselves known,but who know's?
I'm borderline schizophrenic and I've worked with other schizophrenics in the past. Everybody has "bad thoughts" and believe it or not, schizophrenia is more common than most would imagine. You'd be surprised at the number of people who talk to themselves and there's a fine line between that and schizophrenia. If you'd spent time with schizophrenia or any other mental health issue you'd realise how unrealistic the threads on Absolute reality are.

As for these bad entities, that kind of mentality belongs in the Dark Ages. Those entities are the conjurations of a disaffected mind, and sometimes they are avatars the subconscious mind is using to communicate with the conscious mind in the way dreams work when we're sleeping. Two common avatars are both dark shadows, but the shadows can have either red or white eyes. Shadows with red eyes are often seen by people who are experiencing more serious mental health issues or deep emotional problems so if you see them visit a therapist. If you see shadows with light eyes then you're 'on the mend', it's the subconscious' way of telling you that you're coming out of a trauma of some kind. The shadows represent the darkness inside us, as in what is unknown or ignored.

The question is, how do Spiritual people who reject and deny the entire mental health field know the difference between an Awakening and a mental health issue? What makes you Spiritual and not a headcase? I don't know that answer.
Old 22-01-2020, 11:33 AM
Administrator
I Was born with my gifts so I never went through a spiritual awakening. but I am a medium.i am also a qualified councellor and I have done mental health .
Schizophrenic people go through many things they hear voices telling them
to do things etc,
but other people go through bad thought also. I have to agree with Greenslade

Namaste
Old 22-01-2020, 07:46 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by kishore

One's schizophrenic is another's enlightened. (Who said that, maybe Einstein?)
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 23-01-2020, 09:35 AM
Guide
You may find this article interesting:

https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...53810016301088
Old 23-01-2020, 10:31 AM
hazada guess

Society is too quick to give out labels.If they don't know what they're dealing with,they call you mad.Would you call a schizophrenic mad or spiritual.Define madness...........Someone who doesn't fit in with society.They're following their own path.Are their thoughts coming from a higher place,a spiritual place? I'll leave you to your own conclusions.I think I've just tied myself in Knot's