Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 20-12-2019, 11:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
getting past illusion is like peeling an onion... but noone seems to realize
the game is rigged and they can't actually get to the 'core' of reality.
So everyone (gurus included) finds a place to put their flag and then claims 'this is the answer'.
That's ok with me since the core of Reality could be multi-faceted to the max....
as in, infinite possibilities or angles to view the 'core'.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-01-2020, 10:46 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uday_Advaita
REALITY

The sages say that the ultimate Reality is right in front of you. By not being able to perceive it, you are not missing something “Important”, but you are simply missing the “Obvious”.

Genetically are we programmed not to see the Reality?

Looking at the record of human existence on this planet, barring a few hundreds in every generation, the rest of the populace did not get the taste of Reality at all. Even among thousands of seekers, very few are able transcend beyond the screen that separates the illusion from the ultimate Reality.

Though the search for Reality goes on relentlessly, one is not sure as to where one is going to reach or is the Goal posts getting constantly moved. Or what one is going to encounter beyond the screen.

Is it necessary to really know how an electronic gadget that we use everyday is designed or to know the source code (program) of a computer App that we use every minute? Even if you find out and know the design or the program, how does that help. A normal user who knows the operations manual would be able to use these Apps as well as a person who has studied and understood the program.

Is not the gadget or the App acts as an interface between the user and its reality?

Similarly, this phenomenal universe (which you are part of, but not separate from) acts as an interface between you and the ultimate Reality.

The ultimate Reality is just beneath the interface. How do we overcome our limitations and see it?

Or are we simply missing the “obvious”

Namaskar
well said, well said.
Old 14-01-2020, 10:56 PM
Master
Quote:
REALITY

The sages say that the ultimate Reality is right in front of you. By not being able to perceive it, you are not missing something “Important”, but you are simply missing the “Obvious”.

Looking at the record of human existence on this planet, barring a few hundreds in every generation, the rest of the populace did not get the taste of Reality at all. Even among thousands of seekers, very few are able transcend beyond the screen that separates the illusion from the ultimate Reality.

Though the search for Reality goes on relentlessly, one is not sure as to where one is going to reach or is the Goal posts getting constantly moved. Or what one is going to encounter beyond the screen.

Is it necessary to really know how an electronic gadget that we use everyday is designed or to know the source code (program) of a computer App that we use every minute? Even if you find out and know the design or the program, how does that help. A normal user who knows the operations manual would be able to use these Apps as well as a person who has studied and understood the program.

Is not the gadget or the App acts as an interface between the user and its reality?

Similarly, this phenomenal universe (which you are part of, but not separate from) acts as an interface between you and the ultimate Reality.

The ultimate Reality is just beneath the interface. How do we overcome our limitations and see it?

Namaskar
People simply miss the obvious by their ego converting god the infinite's good and positive energy into duality energy that opposes god the infinite's good and positive energy, which are of course bad or negative energy by making bad or negative judgments via thoughts (thoughts are energy, thus thoughts are things).
Old 14-01-2020, 11:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
People simply miss the obvious by their ego converting god the infinite's good and positive energy into duality energy that opposes god the infinite's good and positive energy, which are of course bad or negative energy by making bad or negative judgments via thoughts (thoughts are energy, thus thoughts are things).
Energy is a thing in form (does not matter if we see it or not with our 2 eyes that we are born with to see the physical universe ), so is god the infinite's/the universes positive/good energy a thing in form too, even if we can't see it ? Isn't energy, energy if we can see it or not?
Old 04-05-2020, 08:41 PM
Master
Quote:
REALITY

Namaskar
Uday_Advaita, are you still around on this forum? We miss the obvious of ultimate reality/truth that is front of our eyes because of a combination of both Mithya (false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning) and maya (ignorance of truth). Wherever there is Mithya, maya or ignorance of the truth follows. Ignorance of the truth always follows false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.

"satya or satyam. It is not merely truthfulness, but that singular Truth that can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Non-dual Truth transcends, time, space, and causation. Note, that time and space create divisions. If something transcends time and space it has no limits or boundaries. Therefore, this Truth/Reality must be infinite, eternal, and indivisible, hence, all-pervading. Further, there cannot be two infinites. Thus Brahman is all there is. So what is this world?

The statement above says it is mithya, false. But what does this false mean? It means changing, impermanent, perishable, superimposed, and dependent on something else for its existence. Another great statement from the Upanisads asserts, Sarvam khalvidam Brahman, All this, indeed, is Brahman. All this (idam), meaning that all we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering.That one, the Eternal among non-eternals, the Intelligence of the intelligent, who though ever one fulfills the desires of the many those who realize that One as existing in their own self, to them belongs eternal peace, and to none else.

Shining like burnished gold in the luminous sheath of intelligence, the deepest core of the human being, there dwells Brahman, stainless, indivisible, and pure. That is the Light of all that shines. That is what the knowers of the Self realize."
http://www.advaita-academy.org/blogs/brahman-satya/
Old 08-05-2020, 09:32 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Uday_Advaita, are you still around on this forum? We miss the obvious of ultimate reality/truth that is front of our eyes because of a combination of both Mithya (false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning) and maya (ignorance of truth). Wherever there is Mithya, maya or ignorance of the truth follows. Ignorance of the truth always follows false beliefs and false mental and emotional conditioning.

"satya or satyam. It is not merely truthfulness, but that singular Truth that can never be untrue at any time, place, or circumstance. Non-dual Truth transcends, time, space, and causation. Note, that time and space create divisions. If something transcends time and space it has no limits or boundaries. Therefore, this Truth/Reality must be infinite, eternal, and indivisible, hence, all-pervading. Further, there cannot be two infinites. Thus Brahman is all there is. So what is this world?

The statement above says it is mithya, false. But what does this false mean? It means changing, impermanent, perishable, superimposed, and dependent on something else for its existence. Another great statement from the Upanisads asserts, Sarvam khalvidam Brahman, All this, indeed, is Brahman. All this (idam), meaning that all we see with our mind and senses is Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as Brahman. And this is maya, ignorance, the cause of all suffering.That one, the Eternal among non-eternals, the Intelligence of the intelligent, who though ever one fulfills the desires of the many those who realize that One as existing in their own self, to them belongs eternal peace, and to none else.

Shining like burnished gold in the luminous sheath of intelligence, the deepest core of the human being, there dwells Brahman, stainless, indivisible, and pure. That is the Light of all that shines. That is what the knowers of the Self realize."
http://www.advaita-academy.org/blogs/brahman-satya/

Hello MikeS80
I am suffering from vertigo on and off. That make it difficult for me to seat in front of the screen, focus and write a reply. By the time I construct one in my mind something happens and after some time I tend to forget. Please bear with me.
Athough I have read scriptures like, Bhagawat Geeta, Upanishads, and my favourite Avadhoot geeta, my understanding is based on what I have experienced during the course of contemplations on various concepts that old and new authors have propounded on Advaita.
If a single sentence like:
"Consciousness is all there is" or
"All that is is THAT"
completely states the essence of Advaita then is there a need for any more questions.
Yet the human Intellect (Ego) does not let GO
If you may say: I am in this stage of seeking. The questions come and I try to answer them. Sometimes It results in a post on this forum.
All that does not matter I am at peace the way it is.
Many thanks & regards
Namaskar
Old 08-05-2020, 02:34 PM
Master

Quote:
REALITY

Namaskar

According to the idea/concept of nonduality, Oneness is the only reality, all else is an illusion of difference where there s no difference whatsoever.

It would not be surprising therefore if it was the mind that resonated with
the concept, (afterall it is the mind that deals in ideas/concepts). However it is also not surprising that the mind often does not get this concept because it is a sort of madness to deny the manifestation of difference which is very solid looking and therefore very convincing. But if the urge to end the search is strong enough, the mind may ignore the madness of the concept and accept it.
Old 08-05-2020, 05:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Hello MikeS80
I am suffering from vertigo on and off. That make it difficult for me to seat in front of the screen, focus and write a reply. By the time I construct one in my mind something happens and after some time I tend to forget. Please bear with me.
Athough I have read scriptures like, Bhagawat Geeta, Upanishads, and my favourite Avadhoot geeta, my understanding is based on what I have experienced during the course of contemplations on various concepts that old and new authors have propounded on Advaita.
If a single sentence like:
"Consciousness is all there is" or
"All that is is THAT"
completely states the essence of Advaita then is there a need for any more questions.
Yet the human Intellect (Ego) does not let GO
If you may say: I am in this stage of seeking. The questions come and I try to answer them. Sometimes It results in a post on this forum.
All that does not matter I am at peace the way it is.
Many thanks & regards
Namaskar
No problem, I understand. It is no biggy. My intentions was not to hurry you. I will always be here, I am not going anywhere.

Here is a post, I posted in the observer vs observed thread of this froum: All we see with our mind and senses is objective truth/reality or Brahman, but we are not recognizing it as objective truth/reality or Brahman because of the false inversion of the definition of words like objective to mean the opposite of what it means, effects everything and everywhere the false inverted word objective is used/attached to. This inversion of the definition of objective to mean subjective, which is false/not true creates maya (ignorance) thus creates illusion.This is the only illusion there is. The physical universe part of objective truth/reality or brahman does not decieve, to cause ignorance and illusions, It is quite the opposite, hence the terms I use, such as false, ignorance, and illusion.

Yes, Brahman is objective truth/reality and is all there is.

Science more often than not, tries to understand the physical matter/duality aspect/part of objective reality only, thus is half truth. Science is half true that does not combine the mental concept/construct of duality together with non-duality (oneness or wholeness) to get the whole objective truth. Physical matter/duality is one aspect of objective reality, the second aspect of objective reality is non-duality-All is one, and one is all, hence oneness or wholeness.

The non-duality and duality mental concept/construct is suppose to help a person combine non-duality together with duality. But people get too overly focused on non-duality and/or duality that such a person does not combine duality with non-duality. Such a person believes or assumes that the physical universe is not real/an illusion, which of course is false and creates subjective ignorance and illusions about objective truth/reality or Brahman.
Old 10-05-2020, 05:39 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
According to the idea/concept of nonduality, Oneness is the only reality, all else is an illusion of difference where there s no difference whatsoever.

It would not be surprising therefore if it was the mind that resonated with
the concept, (afterall it is the mind that deals in ideas/concepts). However it is also not surprising that the mind often does not get this concept because it is a sort of madness to deny the manifestation of difference which is very solid looking and therefore very convincing. But if the urge to end the search is strong enough, the mind may ignore the madness of the concept and accept it.
Yes Iamit. You have put it correctly. The mind does not allow you to get away from separateness. There is no point in denying manifest world. Because it provides you the sense of separate existence.
All the teachings of wise men therefore urge you (The mind body Apparatus) to look within at the source such that the mind will dissolve and you are left only with the I AM.
My teacher would always say - Forget the teaching. Not to worry about the progress (?) you are making. Simply let go and Just Be.
Namaskar
Old 10-05-2020, 05:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Yes Iamit. You have put it correctly. The mind does not allow you to get away from separateness. There is no point in denying manifest world. Because it provides you the sense of separate existence.
All the teachings of wise men therefore urge you (The mind body Apparatus) to look within at the source such that the mind will dissolve and you are left only with the I AM.
My teacher would always say - Forget the teaching. Not to worry about the progress (?) you are making. Simply let go and Just Be.
Namaskar
That is true, Good point.