Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 06-12-2019, 03:16 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by hallow
everyone strives for something different.
True, and that is everyone's free-will at play. But at the same time and given that free-will we do not have to choose the various or even infinite permutations of ignorance, thus being perpetually stuck in ever-changing forms of suffering confusion and dissatisfaction, thereby thinking foolishly and resigning ourselves to the limited fate that this is all that our "humanness" can be...simply ever-changing forms of diversity in ignorance.
Quote:
Not one is better than the other.
True, and the reason for that is quite significantly, an inherent equality of being, the source of which is the One Being we are part and parcel of, our intrinsic divinity which is for the most part unrealized in actuality, even if so intellectually or conceptually.
Quote:
That's what makes us human.
Not quite, or rather, that diversity alone is not what defines "human".
What makes us human is the self-conscious awareness of being able to recognize our inherent divinity as a potential which may allow us to transform our ignorance and imperfection, importantly, if invoked and utilized.

Becoming the divine beings we essentially ARE doesn't preclude also being diverse and unique. That is a very common, even popular misconception.
Quote:
"Diversity" all is needed to achieve a balance.
Balance of what? Simply surviving , getting by in misery with some intermittent pleasurable indulgences? Lurching arbitrarily in confusion between them? Is that what balance is? And a pathetic complacent resignation to, "What can you do? That's life!"

That is so sad if that is the extent of the vision.

~ J
Old 08-12-2019, 12:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jyotir

True, and that is everyone's free-will at play. But at the same time and given that free-will we do not have to choose the various or even infinite permutations of ignorance, thus being perpetually stuck in ever-changing forms of suffering confusion and dissatisfaction, thereby thinking foolishly and resigning ourselves to the limited fate that this is all that our "humanness" can be...simply ever-changing forms of diversity in ignorance.

True, and the reason for that is quite significantly, an inherent equality of being, the source of which is the One Being we are part and parcel of, our intrinsic divinity which is for the most part unrealized in actuality, even if so intellectually or conceptually.

Not quite, or rather, that diversity alone is not what defines "human".
What makes us human is the self-conscious awareness of being able to recognize our inherent divinity as a potential which may allow us to transform our ignorance and imperfection, importantly, if invoked and utilized.

Becoming the divine beings we essentially ARE doesn't preclude also being diverse and unique. That is a very common, even popular misconception.

Balance of what? Simply surviving , getting by in misery with some intermittent pleasurable indulgences? Lurching arbitrarily in confusion between them? Is that what balance is? And a pathetic complacent resignation to, "What can you do? That's life!"

That is so sad if that is the extent of the vision.

~ J
what I meant by diversity is needed to make a balance. I'll use my wife and I for an example. She can be extroverted at times, I am more of a introverted person. One or the other alone isn't the best thing to be. Together there is a slight stress/edge present but not in a bad way. Let's say we were both one or the other. That could be and explosive combination if both are under stress. Or if everyone were hunters and there was no gatherer's we wouldn't be what we are today. For a other example.

There's a more than diversity that makes us human but there's only a small number of things that set us apart. Our problem solving skills, and our creativity. Those are the major things that make us human. Almost forgot, we also live in social groups. There is no other being on the planet that does all 3. Wolves only hunt, primates only gather and so on. If I had to fix my own vehicle I would be walking everywhere. If someone who specializes in fixes vehicles had to grow there own food or Hunt they may starve.
Old 30-12-2019, 06:57 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebeautifulsacred
Lol. Yes! Though, trying to accept things as they are doesn't seem to work.
Hm. I... completely forget what I meant by that. >.<

What if we took it back to the Fall? According to the story, everything was idyllic until man messed up. And now the world is viewed as being in a fallen, broken state. How do we accept this? Phrases that people use sometimes like, Everything is exactly the way it's meant to be then seem contradictory. Accepting the unacceptable is truly a challenge, but I think that's where God's mercy and grace come in. Without the sin, we wouldn't need a Savior. So instead of putting our faith in the idea that everything is perfect the way it is, I think it's better to put our faith in God's redemption and that that's where true acceptance comes from. In that way, it's not about self improvement. It's about recognizing who we are in light of God's truth, and allowing that truth to propel us forward.
Old 21-01-2020, 06:35 PM
Master
Hello everyone - I found the 'pep talk' by the coach (played by Billy Bob Thornton) to his football players at half-time in their final game when they were behind (in terms of score) in the inspired-by-real-life movie, Friday Night Lights, in which he explains what he meant when he said "Be perfect!", explanatory of what I (also) regard to be the 'best' one can aim for in the relational context of Earthy Life, hence what I regard as 'perfection'. I hope readers here find it equally inspiring:

You all have known me
for a while...

and for a long time now, you've been
hearing me talk about being perfect.

Well, I want you
to understand somethin'.

To me, being perfect...

is not about that
scoreboard out there.

It's not about winning.

It's about you and your
relationship to yourself and
your family and your friends.

Bein' perfect...
is about being able to look
your friends in the eye...
and know that you
didn't let them down.

Because you told 'em the truth.

And that truth is, is that you did
everything that you could.

There wasn't one more thing
that you could've done.

Can you live in that moment...
as best you can with clear eyes...
and love in your heart?
With joy in your heart?

If you can do that, gentlemen,
then you're perfect.

I want you to take a moment...

and I want you to look
each other in the eyes.

I want you to put each other
in your hearts forever.

Because forever's about to happen
here in just a few minutes.

I want you to close your eyes...

and I want you to think
about Boobie Miles,
[Boobie was a star player who was sidelined
because of an injury suffered in a game earlier in the season]
who is your brother.

And he would die to be out there
on that field with you tonight.

And I want you to put that
in your hearts.

Boys, my heart is full.
My heart's full. ....

Old 21-01-2020, 07:33 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hello everyone - I found the 'pep talk' by the coach (played by Billy Bob Thornton) to his football players at half-time in their final game when they were behind (in terms of score) in the inspired-by-real-life movie, Friday Night Lights, in which he explains what he meant when he said "Be perfect!", explanatory of what I (also) regard to be the 'best' one can aim for in the relational context of Earthy Life, hence what I regard as 'perfection'. I hope readers here find it equally inspiring:

[pep talk text omitted]
Drum roll special delivery to MAYA EL ... in complete alignment with what was said in the above referenced pep talk, from my treatise:
It will also become clear to those who adopt this perspective, that what makes the most sense (because this is how soulgrowth ‘dividends’ are in fact generated) is for one to just whole‑mind-n‑heart-edly focus on ‘playing’ Life’s experience and expression of Love and Joy in relation to and with others ‘game’ for all one is worth no matter what one’s strengths and/or weaknesses may be, analogous to the way dedicated athletic team members mentally and emotionally concentrate on ‘playing’ their ‘positions’ in coordination with their teammates to the best of their ability in pursuance of the shared goals of their chosen sport. Deploying whatever talents and assets one may have been ‘gifted’ with for Love and Joy augmenting purpose(s) to whatever degree one is capable of doing so at any given place and point in time, always seeking and open to becoming wiser and more creatively adept in the process by learning from one’s ‘successes’ and ‘failures’ in said regard, is what leads to a soul blossoming and fructifying as a Love-and-Joy-full component of Life!