Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 08-02-2020, 09:43 PM
Newbie ;)

What has helped you...?

I'm quite curious what has helped each and every individual that read this thread. These forums have so many different types of schools of thought that i would like to know what keeps you on your path to unlocking your true self?
Also this is not about judgement, I'm just interested and I will respect your opinion 100%

What keeps the path clear for me is mindfulness/ conscious awareness/ pranayama/ and studying yogic tradations.
Old 09-02-2020, 01:46 AM
Experiencer

I'd saying being mindful and honest about how one feels in situations, is a big part of how I keep myself on path - from reflecting in situations of other's reactions I've seen when people feel emotional pain from situations they try to shut themselves off, and shut down how they feel. Cause trying to shut off that feeling I think has to do with being negatively judged. Whether it's ones own negative thoughts or thoughts of another. I don't see shutting off emotions as the way out. As emotions come from the heart center, which I see as a center of understanding, and also where you receive and give love. And the feeling is a message to getting a better understanding behind the feeling that is felt at the time. As a way of expanding mindfulness and consciousness of the emotions. So being honest, with oneself even during those periods is crucial to one's personal growth I believe.
Old 09-02-2020, 02:11 AM
Master
Self reflection, openness and listening fully to myself in all situations and experiences. This naturally opens me to full presence and mindfulness.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonvegasorunknown
I'm quite curious what has helped each and every individual that read this thread. These forums have so many different types of schools of thought that i would like to know what keeps you on your path to unlocking your true self?
Also this is not about judgement, I'm just interested and I will respect your opinion 100%

What keeps the path clear for me is mindfulness/ conscious awareness/ pranayama/ and studying yogic tradations.

The core teachings of every belief system seem to be almost identical to other belief systems.

We are all individuals, but deep down, we are almost identical.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 09-02-2020, 05:59 AM
Master

the biggest thing was realizing I can't get what I'm told to want. That freed me from the horror of continuing to try.
Old 09-02-2020, 06:09 AM
Master
Self examination and embracing whatever arises in me. Even the darkest parts of myself. Life has a way of showing me how little i know and how full of it i can be. How vulnerable i am. Exposing my lies for me to see so i can do without.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:34 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:

More than anything else, any individual belief or practice, it has to be determination. Not willing to give up no matter what. Being able to get through and overcome adversity and move ahead.
Old 09-02-2020, 07:40 AM
Master

The first step ... seeing within an aspect we do not like ... recognising, accepting and then choosing to drop that negativity in thought, word & deed. This involves sacrificing the ‘gain’ which the deluded self derives from that indulgence.

Even this first step not attainable without divine assistance.

The rest follows. Automatically.

Old 09-02-2020, 06:02 PM
Master
What has helped you....?

Quote:

What keeps the path clear for me is mindfulness/ conscious awareness/ pranayama/ and studying yogic traditions.

Jonvegasorunknown,

Welcome to Spiritual Forums. The "what" that has helped me is finding out the "why " there are so many different types of schools of thought that I would like to know what keeps you on your path to unlocking your true self?"

I think I have found what keeps the path clear for me, and it, too has much to do with the very mindfulness and conscious awareness that make pranayama and yogic practices so very effective.

Whether called mindfulness, conscious awareness, pranayama, or yogic practices, it's always been about one thing,: All "things" are the same one thing vibrating at different rates"

...and that One Thing is the Infinite Essence, Itself.

You may find other of my posts in Spiritual Forums which corroborate my understanding, a couple of which I've included as references, below.

I'm looking forward to reading other posts of yours in Spiritual Forums.

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=115825 The Garden of You

Reference: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...d.php?t=111346 Give Yourself A Present
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)

Last edited by guthrio : 09-02-2020 at 06:18 PM. Reason: clarify inputs
Old 13-02-2020, 12:11 PM
Master
What has helped me?

Staying true to my core values, religious beliefs and deep convictions in the face of ridicule, abuse and adversity.

Whatever doesn't kill me only makes me stronger and this has enabled me to fully understand the manipulative tactics employed by others who wish they could be rid of me but also realise they can actually do nothing about the way I choose to live my own life either with or without them.

The discernment I have learned through spirituality, enables me to cut through all the superficial rubbish like a hot knife through butter and thus I realise that getting involved in petty squabbling for the sake of an opinion is a total waste of my time and effort..which has also led me to experience tolerance in the form of me just minding my own business and telling others to do likewise.

As such, I have grown accustomed to being a "lone wolf" which was difficult at first, but I also became aware of all the attachments I wouldn't have to worry about giving up because I would not be forming them in the first place and that, in itself was a comforting thought.

I have learned to love myself for who I am and not who others want me to be, even at the risk of being a social outcast because I am never alone, as there are those who walk beside me, even if others cannot see them and one day, when my existence on this physical plane is over, I shall be joining them...my spirit guides and ancestors who reside in a totally different dimension.