Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 22-04-2016, 10:48 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei
What I found lately when I meditate ( granted it's only 10 minutes a day) I'll increase it to 30 a day in due time but anywho in just that 10 minutes.. I lay on my back when meditating and my body, my legs and arms start to feel heavy, like their are weights on them or something.

What is causing this? Is this the beginning of feeling yourself trying to depart from your body? Or am I just so relaxed that parts of my body is going to sleep haha

Yeah it sounds like your body is going into that paralysis of sleep - but that's why it's better to meditate sitting up so you don't fall asleep. The whole idea is to remain conscious (unless you are meditating in order to have a better night's sleep).
Old 23-04-2016, 02:22 AM
Angel1

How To Feel More Love 101

You must know you have done nothing wrong...if you think you have ...
then you must know it makes no difference...so, no guilt.
Guilt robs you of all that is yours.

So...You must know you deserve boundless love.

You must know that your essence is love...it is the glue that makes you.

You must know all the mistakes you have ever made are not even seen
or cared about by your Holy Source, Father, God, the All That Is.

You must learn to accept this love as a child does being tossed in the air by their loving father.

Bask in it, giggle in it, swoon in it, absorb it, beam in it...and give it back to your Creator.

When you do not accept this love....well, how does it feel for you if your dog hides from you,
your horse is scared of you, or your companion
is thinking of work when you want to touch them with love.

God waits for you to love Him...and feel His love for you.

Read and open your heart to the poetry of the ecstatic mystics.
Know that your purpose is to have a direct experience of the Divine...
with no shyness or reservation.

This does not have to be called meditation...just sit or lay comfortably as if
basking in the sun on the beach...except bask in the love that is all around you ...absorb it
as you would the warmth of the sun.
Open your awareness to it.

This is how easy it is to feel love beyond your wildest dreams.
This is why I walk around with a sort of exquisite 'pain' in my chest and get teary many times
a day...that is the kind of love available to all of us.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 23-04-2016, 08:05 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

You must know you have done nothing wrong...if you think you have ...
then you must know it makes no difference...so, no guilt.
Guilt robs you of all that is yours.

So...You must know you deserve boundless love.

You must know that your essence is love...it is the glue that makes you.

You must know all the mistakes you have ever made are not even seen
or cared about by your Holy Source, Father, God, the All That Is.

You must learn to accept this love as a child does being tossed in the air by their loving father.

Bask in it, giggle in it, swoon in it, absorb it, beam in it...and give it back to your Creator.

When you do not accept this love....well, how does it feel for you if your dog hides from you,
your horse is scared of you, or your companion
is thinking of work when you want to touch them with love.

God waits for you to love Him...and feel His love for you.

Read and open your heart to the poetry of the ecstatic mystics.
Know that your purpose is to have a direct experience of the Divine...
with no shyness or reservation.

basking in the sun on the beach...except bask in the love that is all around you ...absorb it

This is why I walk around with a sort of exquisite 'pain' in my chest and get teary many times

Wow this thread is awesome to me!!!

I have read some were that we all love God Deep down, without even realizing it and i feel that i do. My experience is that i do and will be more conscious about it.

Very interesting Miss H, thank you
Old 24-04-2016, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by kayfaei
What I found lately when I meditate ( granted it's only 10 minutes a day) I'll increase it to 30 a day in due time but anywho in just that 10 minutes.. I lay on my back when meditating and my body, my legs and arms start to feel heavy, like their are weights on them or something.

What is causing this? Is this the beginning of feeling yourself trying to depart from your body? Or am I just so relaxed that parts of my body is going to sleep haha

More relaxed than you are used to... is like the kind of relax the body has when asleep, but while you're still awake. It feels heavy like you describe and that's good.
Old 24-04-2016, 01:02 PM
Experiencer
Thank you uma and gem :) I will continue with this and perhaps even see if I can achieve the same type of relaxed state while sitting up
Old 24-04-2016, 01:06 PM
Master
Sometimes I meditate to just relax... but when I am using meditation practice to become more enlightened or to do healing work, I am sitting up erect and totally engrossed in what I'm doing. I find that relaxation at the beginning is no where near as "relaxing" as the part that comes after all the hard work done during meditation (tightening muscles, directing flow of prana-in-the-breath, intense concentration etc.). I love relaxation but I love bliss better.
Old 01-05-2016, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
I love relaxation but I love bliss better.
Now, you're talkin'.
I'm already relaxed....you can look at my house and see just how
relaxed I am ...TOO relaxed, LOL!

It is nice to know why you are going into meditation...relaxation and peace of mind
are great reasons....then...THEN....it gets way better than those simple things....yes!

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 20-06-2016, 10:19 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
[size=1]
Uma's low back: can't we just lie on the floor?

I think treating your body with love is part of being present. If your back is not comfortable and you can change your position, then why are you resisting it? You can even make meditation out of this alone -feeling your body and releasing tension after observing and feeling it. I think Diana Richardson wrote about it in the book "Slow Sex", which is a book about making love with presence.
I know about those schools, that teach -No pain is no gain, but that is a very unpleasant belief to carry around.
I always change my position, when it doesn't feel good anymore. I honor my body's wisdom.
Old 20-06-2016, 10:23 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

This is very nice.
Old 20-06-2016, 10:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by joyfirst
This is very nice.
Anything /I can do or say to help people remember that this
''just falling in love/ endorphin thing'' does not need
an external trigger like a person, I will try to do.

AND it isn't just like in the honeymoon phase of a relationship.
(Meaning it is bound and destined to end as all mature psychologists will warn.)

This spiritual 'falling in love' feeling...can be held all day and night and be there in the morning...If you desire that.
We are not talking about human love and it's cycles, see?