Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 10-05-2018, 07:01 PM
Suspended
Knower

Quote:
[Because of folly they do not understand that all things are like Maya, like the reflection of the moon in water, that there is no self-substance to be imagined as an ego-soul and its belongings, and that all their definite ideas rise from their false discriminations of what exists only as it is seen of the mind itself. They do not realize that things have nothing to do with qualify and qualifying, nor with the course of birth, abiding and destruction, and instead they assert that they are born of a creator, of time, of atoms, of some celestial spirit. It is because the ignorant are given up to discrimination that they move along with the stream of appearances, but it is not so with the wise] quote

Can you see your soul if you roam inside your inner body or inside your soul? Then you'll assume that you've no soul, but everyone has a soul. Only you don't see this soul.

If you're in side a cup then can you see the outside shape of the cup and you'll definitely be ignored about the existence of the cup.

I've seen my "lighter" soul or spirit go outside of my body and I've seen my "ticker or heavier" soul stand up naked while I'm sitting. I can see them with my third eye. I've written these incidents many times already but jonesboy still writing again and again to tell others that there's no soul. It's because the scriptures said so.
Old 10-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Suspended
Knower

That's why scripture is written by human who doesn't really have enough information about those that he can't see . It's especially the spiritual realm, the soul, the God, the universal light, the energy light, the demon, the ghost...... So how can the writer tells other that there's no such thing or .....

Every scripture that the Hindus scriptures and Tibetan Buddhism scripture written are more superstitious or untrue. And they or most of the scriptures are non-sense. They don't scratch even the skin of the truth of reality.
Old 10-05-2018, 08:29 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by soarmind
Jonesboy,

What is: the light is universal consciousness, and beyond the light is emptiness or the Tao?

I shared this earlier from a great realized master.

Quote:
The Heart of Siva

The Heart, says Abhinavagupta, is the very Self of Siva, of Bhairava,

and of the Devi, the Goddess who is inseparable from Siva. Indeed,

the Heart is the site of their union (yamala), of their embrace (samghatta).

This abode is pure consciousness (caitanya) as well as unlimited bliss

(ananda). As consciousness the Heart is the unbounded, infinite light

(prakasa) as well as the freedom (svatantrya) and spontaneity (vimarsa)

of that light to appear in a multitude and variety of forms. The Heart,

says Abhinavagupta, is the sacred fire-pit of Bhairava.1

The Heart is the Ultimate (anuttara) which is both utterly transcendent

to (visvottirna) and yet totally immanent in (visvamaya) all created things.

It is the ultimate essence (sara). Thus, the Heart embodies the paradoxical

nature of Siva and is therefore a place of astonishment (camatkara), sheer

wonder (vismaya), and ineffable mystery. The Heart is the fullness and

unboundedness of Siva (purnatva), the plenum of being that overflows

continuously into manifestation. At the same time, it is also an inconceivable

emptiness (sunyatisunya).2 The Heart is the unbounded and

universal Self (purnahanta).

The Heart of Siva is not a static or inert absolute, however. In fact,

the non-dual Kashmir Shaiva tradition considers it to be in a state of

perpetual movement, a state of vibration (spanda)3 in which it is continuously

contracting and expanding (samkoca-vikasa), opening and closing

(unmesa-nimesa), trembling (ullasita), quivering (sphurita), throbbing,

waving, and sparkling (ucchalata). The intensity and speed of this move

ment is such that paradoxically it is simultaneously a perfect dynamic

stillness.4

The tradition states that the Heart is the enormous ocean (ambunidhi),

the ocean of light, the ocean of consciousness. The waters of consciousness

that in man are broken by countless polarizing and divisive waves (urmi)

may be easily brought to a state of dynamic stillness by the process of

immersion or absorption (samdvesa) in the Heart.

Quote:
Do you understand universal consciousness? So can you see the light which you claim that it's the consciousness and it's universal. What in this case is universal?

If you see it, you are not it.

Quote:
Where is beyond the light is emptiness? At what place is this light and what's beyond that light? Have you able see that's beyond?

Emptiness is not a "thing" If you see it or feel it, that isn't emptiness.

Quote:
What's Tao? In simple explanation Tao is the words then beyond that light is what words?

Emptiness

Quote:
Tao is said by Taoism and Buddhism, this is not something or any place. So what's the Tao beyond the light? This is like a joke!

They Dao is emptiness, they both point to the same thing.

Quote:
I can explain Tao this way: when a man attains the Tao(enlightenment and immortality),

I would agree.

Quote:
even his pets ascend to heaven.

I would say we have different views on that.
Old 11-05-2018, 01:40 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
No it's not a stretch of imagination

Quote:
Gem when you understand Buddhism, each School has different customs as you know, what Buddha is referring to in the Sutta are the Natural Elements which are also named as chakras by some.

'Some' doesn't actually specify which ones, and I doubt very much there are any.
Old 11-05-2018, 02:50 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Matter in Buddhism?

Emptiness is the true state is it not? Is not Energy the true state of all manifestation?

http://buddhasutra.com/files/lankavatara_sutra.htm

The more complete word is 'rupakalapa', 'rupa' being form and kalapa being, like, maybe a group. The kalapa in Buddhist cosmology is best thought of as 'the smallest possible bundle'. A bundle has more than one component, so a kalapa is not a unitary thing, but rather, a co-dependent state of things that arise and fall together. In that no single component of a kalapa exists in itself, the kalapa has no actuality - is anata - has no 'self' or substance.

I don't think the Buddha himself taught this 'atomic theory', though (I'm pretty sure some monk made it up much later on). Buddha described the universe as wavelets, vibrations, which, of course, have no inherent substance - are empty, have no 'self'.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:39 AM
Suspended
Knower

What you said to me with the idea of that light is the consciousness and now it extends to the heart and the emptiness. If you can't see it then it becomes the consciousness and think as a heart. And you must know emptiness is often referred to a meditative state or experience and the phenomena in their own-being are empty.

It's the same as "think with your heart" so your heart is able to think but not your brain. I can focus my thinking to my knee and I can think there so are you saying that that's the light or emptiness? I can focus my thinking to my nail and there I can think . I can again put my thinking to the outside world of my body then I can think by the outside me (not my soul just the empty space) then do you also think that that's the consciousness, the universal light, the universal consciousness and so on.....emptiness? It seems to me it's only the mortal code of thinking about this light, consciousness, heart, Tao, emptiness or a bunch of confusion and misunderstanding.

The light can never move , and it abide in the middle of our brain and it's the thinking body of a person but it can become the viewing light with the low level senses of consciousness. The highest senses of consciousness is moveable to all parts of our body and even to the outside me. Don't think that the light is all your heart, your thoughts, your emptiness .......Tao or Dao.

You said, Dao is emptiness then do you think that everyone has attained Dao unconsciously, it's inside you but not outside of your body? Or it's from nowhere that no one can control the access to it. Or who can have it and control to have it easily?

Last edited by soarmind : 11-05-2018 at 04:54 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 03:53 AM
Suspended
Knower

I've a few lights abide inside my body. They're ----- one in the middle of my brain, at the higher part of my brain (this is a different light) , there's another one at my body, one more in my chest. I can see with my third eye from outside of my body or when my view penetration toward into my body.

So it's too early or not enough information and outlook for your understanding to say there's only one consciousness light in one's body.

Last edited by soarmind : 11-05-2018 at 04:57 AM.
Old 11-05-2018, 05:57 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
'Some' doesn't actually specify which ones, and I doubt very much there are any.

Tibetan is one, Chineses Mahayana is another....
Old 11-05-2018, 10:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Tibetan is one, Chineses Mahayana is another....

I doubt it, so unless you show the evidence, I ain't buyin' it.
Old 11-05-2018, 12:01 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I doubt it, so unless you show the evidence, I ain't buyin' it.

And I aint selling it

If you know any practioners of either Chinese Mahayana or Tibetan Buddhism they will tell you that chakras are used in their schools, but Chinese wouldn't use the name chakra. If you don't know any you can use google