Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 28-10-2019, 10:43 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
So I meditated four two hours, more or less.

Here's my take on it and no disrespect intended. Please take it in the spirit given.

Let go of whatever concepts or expectations you have as a goal or fruit of your practice. Just practice for the sake of the practice in its strictest and purest sense and it will bear fruits you're not necessarily looking for or expecting.

I currently sit for 20 minutes in the morning and another 20 in the evening with the intention to work back up to 30 minutes. I just started mixing in loving-kindness for 15 minutes mid-day. That's it and the benefits are incredible, especially combined with a new spiritual understand of the real intention of the practice as set down within the ancient texts of India.

I'm being totally honest when I say the mind state I experience within deep meditation is a constant now, 24x7, and even that pales in comparison to the understanding and identification with what I am as opposed to who I thought I was for the better part of 61 years.

Oh, and one other minor point. The past week or so I'm only needing 5 or 6 hours sleep and I feel more refreshed than before when getting 8 or 9 hours sleep.

And from a practical perspective instead of sitting in a state of Samadhi for hours it's only 20 minutes and then I enjoy that state awake and experiencing life.

EDIT: The intent of meditation is spiritual realization. There are certainly other fruits that blossom and grow into sweet rewards, possibly even paranormal and otherworldly, however seeking is a sure bet to spoil them.

Last edited by JustASimpleGuy : 28-10-2019 at 12:13 PM.
Old 28-10-2019, 12:09 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Here's my take on it and no disrespect intended. Please take it in the spirit given.

Let go of whatever concepts or expectations you have as a goal or fruit of your practice. Just practice for the sake of the practice in its strictest and purest sense and it will bear fruits you're not necessarily looking for or expecting.

I currently sit for 20 minutes in the morning and another 20 in the evening with the intention to work back up to 30 minutes. I just started mixing in loving-kindness for 15 minutes mid-day. That's it and the benefits are incredible, especially combined with a new spiritual understand of the real intention of the practice as set down within the ancient texts of India.

I'm being totally honest when I say the mind state I experience within deep meditation is a constant now, 24x7, and even that pales in comparison to the understanding and identification with what I am as opposed to who I thought I was for the better part of 61 years.

Oh, and one other minor point. The past week or so I'm only needing 5 or 6 hours sleep and I feel more refreshed than before when getting 8 or 9 hours sleep.

And from a practical perspective instead of sitting in a state of Samadhi for hours it's only 20 minutes and then I enjoy that state awake and experiencing life.

No problem, I understand I am really happy for you, how many people reach this age and became aware that there's something that they missed their entire lives? Not many, you are really blessed! I can say the same thing about myself, I am only 24, most people at my age are focused on other things, I am blessed too!

I know that 20-30 minutes is "enough" but I love to meditate! I also experience this continuous state of meditation, but it's only the beginning of it.I know about that "energy" boost, I felt it too.

This experiences that I had are amazing but they are not my end goal, so to say, my final goal is to meet the Creator.I know that people say that you should just meditate but even Buddha had a reason when he started to meditate, you enter that deep peace because you know with every single atom of your being that there is where all the peace is found and you want that peace but not like you desire something, it's something else, something that I can't put it in words..

When I meditate I know that the Creator is calling me to be with Him in that peace, I just know.
Old 28-10-2019, 12:20 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatMan
When I meditate I know that the Creator is calling me to be with Him in that peace, I just know.

My take, and it's only my personal take and from a perspective of non-duality, is what I am at the deepest level - awareness - is God, if you will. I can't meet myself, so to speak, only recognize my true nature and experience the unimaginable beauty and splendor of my creation. All around me. Everywhere. In everyone and everything because at the deepest level the same applies to all of it. You too. I'm one heck of a cook and so are you!

EDIT: Also if you enjoy long meditations that's okay too. Just introspectively examine your motivations to ensure they do align with your goal.
Old 28-10-2019, 12:42 PM
JustASimpleGuy

"Earth, moon, stars and sun revolve inside me" ~ Baba Muktananda

That quote is either the product of a mind deranged by too much meditation or it just might be true. LOL!