Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Dreams > Lucid Dreaming

Old 05-09-2019, 12:57 PM
Pathfinder

Lucid of astral...? (and more)

The other night I had the most vivid dream Ive had in a long time. It came after I decided to clear some issues I had on my mind with someone else.

During the dream, I dont know how I arrived there but it was a grassland area with (for some reason) a "Lowes" or something behind me.

I Realized I was in a dream; I could feel wind, I could hear sounds as well, and my vision was crystal clear, compared to regular dreams. My first action was to spread my arms and try to fly; i figured, this is a dream, I should be able to right?

The only result I got was heightened jumping abilities, like lower gravity or something.

QUESTION: why couldn't I just...take off and fly? (i have had the same problem in dreams similar to this but i wasnt aware i was dreaming, i just gained levitation for a moment and then fell to the ground, softly.)

is it symbolism, or a sign of something because I could not fly?
Old 07-09-2019, 01:54 PM
Guide
I have had lucid dreams where I can fly easily and others where I have to flap my arms or even swim to keep aloft.
My personal take on it is that it has to do with energy/vibration rates. Some as you go deeper inside your consciousness into these planes, the "density" of the planes gets less and less. So things like flying may get harder to do till you balance out into that plane.
but thats only my pet theory on it
Old 07-09-2019, 06:27 PM
Master

It might have been a matter of belief. You weren't sure and you tried. The doubt was stronger than the will.

The verb "try" includes the presupposition of possible failure.

When in a lucid dream you try to go through solid objects, like walls, sometimes you can't for the same reason.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 08-09-2019, 06:39 PM
Pathfinder

It's been a while since I've had a dream that I remember that detailed. I could see colors, there was grass, wind, the sound of leaves blowing in the wind, I could turn around and see a building behind me.

after thinking about it for a while, I've come up with what I think it might have meant: just my opinion.

I personally enjoy scenery like that: wind and the sound, but as I looked back at the building I paid no mind to why it was there. I was just trying to find out what I could do in this state of awakened dreaming.

I should have used that time to figure out how on earth I ended up in such a real state while asleep (even to this day reality feels like the dream and the dream feels like reality; its like after that night both of them mixed together sort of, in terms of perception)

Maybe I couldn't fly [as you put it] because I was not used to being that aware in my sleep, and because it appeared so real, and the awake reality is what I [can remember] experiencing the most, I weighed myself down by rules that didnt apply to the place I was in.

in other words, I treated a lucid dream like reality, and got a weird mix of lowered gravity instead of flight when I tried to fly.

It's like that scene from the matrix when neo tried to jump buildings: He wasn't used to the rule changes.

Hopefully I'll have more dreams like this, more often, and hopefully astral projection too.
Old 11-11-2019, 01:13 AM
Pathfinder

that's so awesome, but if you want to fly. Simply, don't try to fly, but commend it. In a nice way. I fly all the time, and it's just amazing.
My Spiritual Guides get to take control of my Astral Body.

Best Wishes! And many blessings...

Galactic Warrior
Old 16-12-2019, 03:00 AM
Experiencer
flying in dreams doesn't come easy for me, I think I had a similar experience the first time I tried. The second time I tried I instead of jumping as one might in a waking experience, I imagined the projection, the seanery, moving which worked. it's difficult for me to continually imagine new seanery but something I discovered was that my body was part of the projection so I had to imagine everything moving past me but then my body keeping up with me at the same time which created the sense of excelloration.
By the way - I know your path has been tried and so - It may seem like the way to go - Me, I'd rather be found - Trying something new - I gotta go find my own way - I gotta go make my own mistakes - Sorry for feeling, feeling the way I do
[b]