Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 23-10-2019, 04:32 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
I think I have seen every Sadhguru lecture on YouTube and at least three times each...Sadhguru really isn't an Advaitin though, judging by the huge argument he had with Sri Sri Ravi Shankar over the form of Lord Shiva as Aadi Yogi, when Sri Sri insisted that Shiva had absolutely NO form whatsoever...Sri Sri said "neti neti" and Sadhguru questioned his motives for saying so...now, where IS that video?

I see that Sadhguru video in the YT suggested (or is that reccommended?) sidebar every now and then but I never clicked on it. I'll give it a watch when time permits. And yeah he's not an Advaitin but for me his words are packed with wisdom. He's got a good sense of humor too.

Quote:
What we have, is a world where everybody's beliefs ARE real but ONLY to them and nobody else!...in other words, MAYA.

I'm trying to realign my interpretation of Life, the Universe and Everything like this (No, not 42! Heheh):

Belief or disbelief - No
Knowing by virtue of rigorous investigation and logic by myself or others - Yes
Knowing by virtue of direct experience - Yes
Everything else I simply do not know - Yes
Old 23-10-2019, 04:43 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Here is something for all the Quantum Consciousness nerds like yours truly..

Confirmation of Quantum Resonance in Brain Microtubules

At a layman's level of understanding I'm very familiar with the Penrose and Hameroff Orc OR hypothesis and I've heard Hameroff mention Anirban Bandyopadhyay's work several times. I think I've heard Sadhguru dismiss work surrounding microtubules and consciousness but I'm not positive. Still, a very interesting hypothesis and Sir Roger Penrose is brilliant and Hameroff is so passionate.

Quote:
They omitted the top down/bottom up scale of eukaryotic resonance in that model, covered by Donald Hoffman at the SAND conference..

I've recently come across Hoffman's thinking on conscious agents but haven't had time to absorb it.

Quote:
However, let me see if I can find something about Advaita and God..

Thanks for sharing that! I'll definitely give it a watch! Already saved to one of my YT playlists.
Old 23-10-2019, 09:06 PM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
The Importance of Bhakti - Swami Sarvapriyananda

I just finished watching (well, listening to) this and found it quite interesting as usual with Swami's talks. What I'm also finding interesting as I continue to digest the last few weeks is for me it's been a combination of appreciation of and love for the Cosmos (I guess that's my Bhakti - I'm a very amateur astronomer) and what I've gleaned from untold hours of watching/listening to Eckhart Tolle, SANDS conference speakers and more recently Swami Sarvapriyananda and Sadhguru, plus practicing Buddhist meditation techniques.

Pretty odd mix but it seems to have worked. Many different doors into the same room.
Old 26-10-2019, 08:21 PM
Master
"Spock mindset"

Quote:
Thank you again and I can fully understand this. I think all of my issues stems from being a prisoner of my unique "Spock mindset" and I should just learn how to say "fascinating" and "intriguing" a lot more than I do, instead of trying to work out what makes human beings behave so irrationally.

We shall continue on with this example in light of the premise of this thread and the corresponding video.

So, we are the creators of our own reality...or so it is said.

Now, obviously, Inavalan has created a reality for himself in which I do not exist, as evidenced by the fact my name appears on his ignore list. I am willing to engage with Inavalan, I am all too happy to do so, which means that in MY reality, he DOES exist, even though I don't exist in his..so wherefore does this non-separation take place?

I thought a lot about it..and not saying that I am God or anything...but God may appear in this thread or on this forum and He would very quickly find Himself on everybody's ignore list with a "get lost, I am looking for God, NOT you"..it is quite fascinating when one considers it..there! Word used!

I am not letting this get to me on any emotional level, more on a
cognitive level...either way, you are correct and I really should be dropping it now with a "whatever" which I shall do.

Maybe start on that study of the Kybalion, as Unseen Seeker has done, because as you said previously, things like this need to be personally experienced, not spoken about...because I notice that the "taboo" or "occult" is still alive and kicking despite the internet and those who post on a "spiritual forum"..when I may as well be posting on Reddit..

Shivani Devi,

Your use of the term "Spock Mindset" in your reply to Inavalon, brought to mind the scene in the 1st Star Trek movie where Spock, while recovering in sick bay from directly encountering "Veeger's" (Voyager) mindset, discovered what it had crossed universes to find.

Jim Kirk, said, "What Voyager needs to evolve is a human quality, our capacity to leap beyond logic."

"Jim, said Spock, grasping his friend's hand, "What Veeger wants is this". And the story continues to its new beginning....

The reference below, (which I found online by typing the word Veeger), contains an absolutely fascinating avenue of scientific inquiry that may put you "in touch" with the satisfaction you seek. I think you may also enjoy comparing the tenants of the Kybalion with the Sacred Geometry depicting the Secret 216 Letter Hidden Name of God found in the Fibonacci sequences.

As indicated in the author's note: The answer to the secret of creation was staring science in the face all along. The answer is always there, it is in everything we do, our movies, our music, our books, everything. Even if we "the Creators" are not always conscious of our roles in our own destiny. Everything we do has purpose.

"Live long and prosper", my Friend. V

I betcha Spock was an INTJ personality, too!

Reference: https://www.facebook.com/FibonacciSe...type=1&theater
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)
Old 26-10-2019, 10:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by guthrio
Shivani Devi,

Your use of the term "Spock Mindset" in your reply to Inavalon, brought to mind the scene in the 1st Star Trek movie where Spock, while recovering in sick bay from directly encountering "Veeger's" (Voyager) mindset, discovered what it had crossed universes to find.

Jim Kirk, said, "What Voyager needs to evolve is a human quality, our capacity to leap beyond logic."

"Jim, said Spock, grasping his friend's hand, "What Veeger wants is this". And the story continues to its new beginning....

The reference below, (which I found online by typing the word Veeger), contains an absolutely fascinating avenue of scientific inquiry that may put you "in touch" with the satisfaction you seek. I think you may also enjoy comparing the tenants of the Kybalion with the Sacred Geometry depicting the Secret 216 Letter Hidden Name of God found in the Fibonacci sequences.

As indicated in the author's note: The answer to the secret of creation was staring science in the face all along. The answer is always there, it is in everything we do, our movies, our music, our books, everything. Even if we "the Creators" are not always conscious of our roles in our own destiny. Everything we do has purpose.

"Live long and prosper", my Friend. V

I betcha Spock was an INTJ personality, too!

Reference: https://www.facebook.com/FibonacciSe...type=1&theater
The message provided by sacred geometry can be seen in crop circles.

https://www.google.com/search?q=crop...obile&ie=UTF-8

Not only are these crop circles actually squaring the circle, but they are representing 3D toroidal fields on a 2D surface and using mathematics to spell out messages in Greek.

Even physicists have been intrigued by the complex patterns which appear over the course of a few hours with such precision, that it would take a computer months to even come up with the design.

There is absolutely no logical explanation for it because the "hoax" argument doesn't stand up...it is physically impossible to do what has been done.

So, if we are looking for "Veeger's" message, it would be "greetings from the Goddess of All Creation".

There must be a reason why the numbers 792 and 504 are so significant...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hAOjVTVv_d8&t=1s

Live long and prosper.