Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Music

Old 22-02-2011, 08:44 AM
infamousjovian

Does any of you guys like the band "Tool"?

Hey guys,

Sorry for the sort of random thread. I am posting this because I am a big fan of the progressive metal band "Tool." I think their music is chilling and heavy, and yet it often has a meditative quality to it. This is especially true for many of the songs on the albums "Lateralus" and "10,000 Days."

Yes, I truly believe that one can meditate to their music, despite how heavy it is. Anyone feel the same?
Old 24-02-2011, 03:24 PM
Dinko

yes i feel the same, vicarious is a great song.
The thing about metal is that its a very energized music so you should take caution when listening it. i have been a metal fan something like 14 years.nowdays i prefer more soothing and melodic music cause it makes me fell relaxed...
Old 07-05-2012, 03:41 AM
pixszi

I saw Tool in concert a couple months ago. WOW
Old 10-05-2012, 01:34 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixszi
I saw Tool in concert a couple months ago. WOW
I've heard about their concerts but never saw one. What made it so good? A Christian friend described it as evil, but that probably meant it was really good.
Old 10-05-2012, 01:41 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
I've heard about their concerts but never saw one. What made it so good?

I think what makes Tool concerts good (read great) is that they really are heavy. It is just like the bass is so heavy that it sweeps the ground and takes you with it to a place of pure freedom and joy
Old 31-05-2012, 08:34 PM
pixszi

Quote:
I've heard about their concerts but never saw one. What made it so good? A Christian friend described it as evil, but that probably meant it was really good.

Yes, it's very heavy - a wall of sound - which I love However, for me the lyrics (for the songs that were on the playlist) are important. In my opinion they speak to ascension. The visuals too are very ascension oriented. Of course it's all up for interpretation.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:04 AM
Master
They sound good. Just ordered two of their albums.....I'm slowly catching up with the latest bands, albums, sounds.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:19 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
They sound good. Just ordered two of their albums.....I'm slowly catching up with the latest bands, albums, sounds.

I like the underground rock that is killing it in the clubs. I've seen a lot of good arena shows, but none of those compared the spiritual experience of when the bands are burning hot and the crowd is right in the more intimate venues.

You might like Mastodon if you like Tool.

I would start with their Leviathan album, that's their best imo.
Old 01-06-2012, 12:47 AM
Sybilline

I have listened to I think only one song from Tool, I've listened to more A Perfect Circle songs, but I think I should start listening to Tool.... Hmmm...
Old 01-06-2012, 12:06 PM
Master
Quote:
You might like Mastodon if you like Tool.

I would start with their Leviathan album, that's their best imo.

Thanks for the recommendation I'll check them out.

The Humility, the Pride and the Humiliation.