Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 23-12-2017, 10:14 PM
Master
Alternate Lives vs Past Lives

I think a way to better perceive "past lives" is not thinking of them as past lives but alternate lives instead. The space time continuum does not exist in a linear format. Our human brains are conditioned to perceive space time in a finite fashion with a beginning and an end. For instance, a span of a human lifetime, from birth to death and the changes that occur in that body could be measured as a length of time. So because of this we see ourselves as linear.

However the me that is typing this sentence right now and the me that first registered on this forum 2 years ago, and the me that might write another post a day later are all coexisting within the ETERNAL NOW. Because of my brain and it's perception of a linear a to b point of temporal concept, my memory of what I did two years ago becomes what I might call a "past" and the thought of the possibility of what I might do the next day becomes a "future."

In reality, all is co-occurring simultaneous always. So if we apply this line of perception to the concept of "past lives," then they are not really past lives at all but simply alternate lives. Alternate lives occur simultaneously in the space time continuum of the infinite ETERNAL NOW.

Imagine that in the infinite ETERNAL NOW, there exists vast multiple versions of you enacting its story line past, present, and future (for the lack of better words). It is all interconnected and every action, decision, thought, or motive affects ALL the other versions simultaneously in a perfect synchronistic cohesive tapestry within the Eternal Space Time Continuum.

I can't contain myself to not take this one step further. So if we are OK with the thought of multiple versions of ourselves, then we have to beg the questions of who the hell are we and what are we made of in the first place? Some people might call this a Soul and others might call it Consciousness or Mind Stream. It doesn't matter what terminology we use but I think you most likely can grasp the point I am making.

Now this Collective One Consciousness split into infinite alternate versions of Itself throughout all of creation is not only one singular particular person's story. It's ALL of our story. Perhaps the "me" that is typing this final paragraph right now and the "you" who is reading it are not really two separate Souls, but rather the same One Consciousness engaging in a interaction with Itself. And I suppose the recognition or remembrance of this could be called Oneness or Love. :)

♬ ♫ ♪ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YtnJUS30olE ♪ ♫ ♬
Old 23-12-2017, 10:52 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Yes, the journey to Light is considered remembrance for a reason.
Old 24-12-2017, 02:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by blossomingtree
Yes, the journey to Light is considered remembrance for a reason.

Yes, the journey isn't so much about becoming, attaining, or mastering... but a remembering. :)

Old 24-12-2017, 08:59 AM
Master
Not to mention that most alternate lives are not in the space-time continuum.

I know that many humans have spent many lifetimes here on
Earth. However that amount to no more than a few hundred lifetimes. Most souls experience vastly more lifetimes than that. Really most of those are in other parts of reality outside the space-time continuum.
Old 24-12-2017, 09:54 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by wstein
Not to mention that most alternate lives are not in the space-time continuum.

I know that many humans have spent many lifetimes here on
Earth. However that amount to no more than a few hundred lifetimes. Most souls experience vastly more lifetimes than that. Really most of those are in other parts of reality outside the space-time continuum.

Excellent point! There are infinite existences in infinite realities and infinite dimensions. Infinite seems to be an inadequate word to properly describe the boundless mechanism of the Multiverse. :)

Old 24-12-2017, 06:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Imzadi
I think a way to better perceive "past lives" is not thinking of them as past lives but alternate lives instead. The space time continuum does not exist in a linear format. Our human brains are conditioned to perceive space time in a finite fashion with a beginning and an end. For instance, a span of a human lifetime, from birth to death and the changes that occur in that body could be measured as a length of time. So because of this we see ourselves as linear.

However the me that is typing this sentence right now and the me that first registered on this forum 2 years ago, and the me that might write another post a day later are all coexisting within the ETERNAL NOW. Because of my brain and it's perception of a linear a to b point of temporal concept, my memory of what I did two years ago becomes what I might call a "past" and the thought of the possibility of what I might do the next day becomes a "future."

In reality, all is co-occurring simultaneous always. So if we apply this line of perception to the concept of "past lives," then they are not really past lives at all but simply alternate lives. Alternate lives occur simultaneously in the space time continuum of the infinite ETERNAL NOW.

Imagine that in the infinite ETERNAL NOW, there exists vast multiple versions of you enacting its story line past, present, and future (for the lack of better words). It is all interconnected and every action, decision, thought, or motive affects ALL the other versions simultaneously in a perfect synchronistic cohesive tapestry within the Eternal Space Time Continuum.

I can't contain myself to not take this one step further. So if we are OK with the thought of multiple versions of ourselves, then we have to beg the questions of who the hell are we and what are we made of in the first place? Some people might call this a Soul and others might call it Consciousness or Mind Stream. It doesn't matter what terminology we use but I think you most likely can grasp the point I am making.

Now this Collective One Consciousness split into infinite alternate versions of Itself throughout all of creation is not only one singular particular person's story. It's ALL of our story. Perhaps the "me" that is typing this final paragraph right now and the "you" who is reading it are not really two separate Souls, but rather the same One Consciousness engaging in a interaction with Itself. And I suppose the recognition or remembrance of this could be called Oneness or Love. :)

Very nice...I usually say other lives more often now, because of this exact reason...everything is now, in the higher or truer sense.

This also speaks to the power of connection, love, forgiveness and repentence, and reconciliation, for healing and growth across lifetimes.

I plan to keep checking in...as I reckon maybe one day, I will truly be forgiven for that one arrogant lifetime and real reconciliation could occur. What will things look like then? Can we even imagine? A society where lovingkindness and equanimity are the general rule of the day, and not idealistic notions?

God wouldn't it be great to not have to be so strong in the face of violence and cruelty 24/7, to just let your hair down and relax and not be nailed to the wall for exposing your soft underbelly? Perhaps we'd even have soft underbelly contests to see whose was the most tender Ahhh....good times.

It blows the mind, really, to think how love and reconciliation can change our fundamental reality, by mending the tears and filling the chinks in the fabric. I don't have a full grasp of it, but I get the basic idea, at least.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 25-12-2017, 07:48 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Very nice...I usually say other lives more often now, because of this exact reason...everything is now, in the higher or truer sense.

This also speaks to the power of connection, love, forgiveness and repentence, and reconciliation, for healing and growth across lifetimes.

I plan to keep checking in...as I reckon maybe one day, I will truly be forgiven for that one arrogant lifetime and real reconciliation could occur. What will things look like then? Can we even imagine? A society where lovingkindness and equanimity are the general rule of the day, and not idealistic notions?

God wouldn't it be great to not have to be so strong in the face of violence and cruelty 24/7, to just let your hair down and relax and not be nailed to the wall for exposing your soft underbelly? Perhaps we'd even have soft underbelly contests to see whose was the most tender Ahhh....good times.

It blows the mind, really, to think how love and reconciliation can change our fundamental reality, by mending the tears and filling the chinks in the fabric. I don't have a full grasp of it, but I get the basic idea, at least.

Peace & blessings
7L

The violence and cruelty is painful and born of ignorance and Spiritual amnesia. If we awaken ourselves in our present life and in our present form, it expands to heal all other lives and realities. At the core of our Being we are Unconditional LOVE Itself. The more each Being remembers its Divine heritage, the more peace and harmony would be manifested throughout infinite existence. We collectively as the One Consciousness is rousing out of groggy slumber. The momentum is unstoppable culminating into a majestic angelic crescendo of Divine Self Remembrance and Awareness!

Old 25-12-2017, 08:03 PM
Master

I have a different understanding of the "no time" in other realms. I don't think that means that all our lives here happen at the same time. I believe it refers to the fact that in other realms you can focus instantaneously anywhere in space and time, and into realms of consciousness, in the degree your level of evolvement permits. In our physical realm space and time are basic laws, and allow a specific existence, for whatever purpose this realm exists. It is arguable if human race developed as it should've, or strayed from the optimum path, by blinding itself from the innate knowledge of other realities, but here time and space are parts of the fundamentals, that allow a specific structured existence.
Old 25-12-2017, 09:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
I have a different understanding of the "no time" in other realms. I don't think that means that all our lives here happen at the same time. I believe it refers to the fact that in other realms you can focus instantaneously anywhere in space and time, and into realms of consciousness, in the degree your level of evolvement permits. In our physical realm space and time are basic laws, and allow a specific existence, for whatever purpose this realm exists. It is arguable if human race developed as it should've, or strayed from the optimum path, by blinding itself from the innate knowledge of other realities, but here time and space are parts of the fundamentals, that allow a specific structured existence.

I agree with what you said that here (as in Earth's dimensional reality) we have a specific structured existence. If we imagine the various realities and dimensions as a sort of massive rubic's cube then this current reality that we are conversing in is similar to a particular surface on the cube. Our consciousness with evolution can allow us to permeate our perception into the existence of all the other sides of the cube so to speak. Or to be more precise, we can be simply aware and perceive the various multidimensional realities however they would be quantifying or structuring time. Time or no time can exist within their own unique realm as structured by their own reality while simultaneously co-occurring if we span out to perceive the picture in a wider context. :)