Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 17-10-2018, 01:35 PM
Master
Meanwhile...Lord Shiva is finding all of this highly amusing...

"If money means nothing to you, you should have offered $100 to each of the women at the mall to get out of the doorway. I am sure money would mean a lot to you if you could use it to bribe people to get out of your way."

This is why I love him, folks!
Old 17-10-2018, 01:38 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainamerica
So is it like getting into a Cosmicconsciousness/nirvikalpa or savikalpa samadhi state and focusing on one particular thing/object/subject ?
Sort of...

If you don't beat me to it (it is late over here and I am getting mentally drained), there's a subtle difference between Savikalpa and Nirvikalpa Samadhi...which is going to take me a while to explain it (which I will do tomorrow)...unless you'd like to just Google it for now.
Old 17-10-2018, 01:39 PM
Deactivated Account

Can you please say to Shiv ji that Captainamerica says "I love you Shiv ji " ?

If not or if you do not want to then I understand no problem :-)

I would love to know his response.

Last edited by captainamerica : 17-10-2018 at 04:01 PM.
Old 17-10-2018, 01:43 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shivani Devi
Sort of...

If you don't beat me to it (it is late over here and I am getting mentally drained), there's a subtle difference between Savikalpa and Nirvikalpa Samadhi...which is going to take me a while to explain it (which I will do tomorrow)...unless you'd like to just Google it for now.

You can explain it tomorrow.

Meanwhile ,I will do my own research on the subject.
Old 17-10-2018, 04:06 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Can you please say to Shiv ji that Captainamerica says "I love you Shiv ji " ?

If not or if you do not want to then I understand no problem :-)

I would love to know his response.

It is just a request.I have said it to Shiv ji a lot of times but never got to hear his response,just a thirst of a small bhakta/devotee.
Old 18-10-2018, 12:07 AM
Master
Quote:
It is just a request.I have said it to Shiv ji a lot of times but never got to hear his response,just a thirst of a small bhakta/devotee.
He already knows everything...he is God, after all.

This is from me, not Lord Shiva...but how often do you totally immerse yourself in that love? become completely lost in it? surrender your mind, body, heart and will to Lord Shiva beyond just saying "I love you" even though you do?

Just sit before an image/murthy of Lord Shiva and totally let yourself go...actually show Lord Shiva how much! go fully into that...the whole feeling and don't stop.

If tears come, let them...if your mind says "this is ridiculous", ignore it....and allow yourself to fully dissolve into that devotional love-trance.

Sometimes (and I know I do it), we take the love we feel...and the love God feels for us for granted and need to 'recharge' our spiritual batteries through His Grace and expressing this love from the heart in His presence is the way to do it.

Last edited by Shivani Devi : 18-10-2018 at 01:12 AM.
Old 18-10-2018, 01:04 AM
Master
Now I will briefly describe Savikalpa and Nirvikalpa Samadhi.

The term "Vikalpa" loosely translates as "attributed" or "supported"....like having a focal point or a crutch to reach higher levels of awareness.

So, I assume I am speaking to Hindus who have a basic grasp of their own language.

Savikalpa means WITH attribute or support and this means attaining Samadhi through a vehicle...like Bhakti for Lord Shiva...like focusing on a candle...like chanting "Om"...anything the mind can associate with as a mere representation of a transcendent Consciousness (Brahman).

It is seen as a precursor to the ultimate state...it is associated with the Bindu Chakra located at the Pineal Gland, between the Third Eye and the Crown.

It is also called the "Makara Point" where the two nerves, Ida and Pingala merge and dissolve...flowing out through the nostrils upon exhalation.

At this place, there is a psychic knot called Rudra Granthi and before that is broken, one can still experience Samadhi, but it isn't lasting and not really intense...and one can still 'backslide' or come back down from it.

In Savikalpa Samadhi, there is still limited bliss and divine states of altered consciousness...but there is still the ego...still the emotions and still a concept of God or an external, independent source of being.

Nirvikalpa Samadhi comes from adding the negative "Nir" and "Nir" means "not" or "without" so Nirvikalpa Samadhi means "not supported" or without attribute or condition.

This is when the Rudra Granthi is breached and Kundalini leaves the Bindu Chakra and goes into the Crown for FULL enlightenment, in which there aren't any concepts left anymore...there is no "Shiva" and no "God" and no "I" and then, one becomes totally absorbed...lost...immersed in Satchidananda...which is not only the bliss, but the ultimate truth (Brahman) and becoming one with the source (Chit).

I have experienced Savikalpa Samadhi but not Nirvikalpa Samadhi because I always rely the grace of Lord Shiva to get me there...that's not to say that Lord Shiva does not exist when you reach Nirvikalpa Samadhi because He still does...but any 'name' you give it will do...any 'form' you give it, will do...it doesn't really matter anymore.

Savikalpa = Saguna and Nirvikalpa = Nirguna

So, it all depends on the concepts of "Nama" and "Rupa"...name and form.

What we consider/conceive of Lord Shiva to BE is only just a miniscule representation of what He (or She or It or Nothing) really is and we could say that Lord Shiva is truly "unknowable" and "inconceivable" as Brahman...as Purusha.

It is only through His Shakti...through Maya that we see the being with the attributes we usually associate with Lord Shiva...now, this is STILL Lord Shiva...but also only represents Lord Shiva...like a photograph represents a person, but it is not the person.

It is the Divine Mother, Maha Kali which enables us to become aware of the existence of Maha Kala...Lord Shiva, because Lord Shiva cannot be understood or approached in any other way - unless one is in Nirvikalpa Samadhi...it is only through Shakti that Shiva can be approached...so I also acknowledge the Divine Mother.

When the balance occurs between Lord Shiva (Shakta) and His manifested energies (Shakti) the transition results in a whole new form and way of being...we call that Ardhanarishwara...the Tantric merging of the three aspects of Shakti (Will, Action, Knowledge - Iccha, Kriya and Jnana) with the infinite potentiality, impetus and substratum of the universe (which is Shiva).

So, Lord Shiva is particularly very happy when you pay homage to his "better half"...

Anyway, my mind has gone totally blank after typing that...so here is where the transmission ends.
Old 18-10-2018, 05:29 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
He already knows everything...he is God, after all.

This is from me, not Lord Shiva...but how often do you totally immerse yourself in that love? become completely lost in it? surrender your mind, body, heart and will to Lord Shiva beyond just saying "I love you" even though you do?

Just sit before an image/murthy of Lord Shiva and totally let yourself go...actually show Lord Shiva how much! go fully into that...the whole feeling and don't stop.

If tears come, let them...if your mind says "this is ridiculous", ignore it....and allow yourself to fully dissolve into that devotional love-trance.

Sometimes (and I know I do it), we take the love we feel...and the love God feels for us for granted and need to 'recharge' our spiritual batteries through His Grace and expressing this love from the heart in His presence is the way to do it.

Thank you for the kind advise.I will start doing it as you suggested.

Sometimes in the past when I just let go of myself in Shiv ji 's love ,maybe while listening to Shiv ji's songs,my blood pressure changed so much that I was almost close to getting passed out/unconscious so I'd have to stop there.

Does it happen to you too ?
Old 18-10-2018, 07:10 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Now I will briefly describe Savikalpa and Nirvikalpa Samadhi.

The term "Vikalpa" loosely translates as "attributed" or "supported"....like having a focal point or a crutch to reach higher levels of awareness.

So, I assume I am speaking to Hindus who have a basic grasp of their own language.

Savikalpa means WITH attribute or support and this means attaining Samadhi through a vehicle...like Bhakti for Lord Shiva...like focusing on a candle...like chanting "Om"...anything the mind can associate with as a mere representation of a transcendent Consciousness (Brahman).

It is seen as a precursor to the ultimate state...it is associated with the Bindu Chakra located at the Pineal Gland, between the Third Eye and the Crown.

It is also called the "Makara Point" where the two nerves, Ida and Pingala merge and dissolve...flowing out through the nostrils upon exhalation.

At this place, there is a psychic knot called Rudra Granthi and before that is broken, one can still experience Samadhi, but it isn't lasting and not really intense...and one can still 'backslide' or come back down from it.

In Savikalpa Samadhi, there is still limited bliss and divine states of altered consciousness...but there is still the ego...still the emotions and still a concept of God or an external, independent source of being.

Nirvikalpa Samadhi comes from adding the negative "Nir" and "Nir" means "not" or "without" so Nirvikalpa Samadhi means "not supported" or without attribute or condition.

This is when the Rudra Granthi is breached and Kundalini leaves the Bindu Chakra and goes into the Crown for FULL enlightenment, in which there aren't any concepts left anymore...there is no "Shiva" and no "God" and no "I" and then, one becomes totally absorbed...lost...immersed in Satchidananda...which is not only the bliss, but the ultimate truth (Brahman) and becoming one with the source (Chit).

I have experienced Savikalpa Samadhi but not Nirvikalpa Samadhi because I always rely the grace of Lord Shiva to get me there...that's not to say that Lord Shiva does not exist when you reach Nirvikalpa Samadhi because He still does...but any 'name' you give it will do...any 'form' you give it, will do...it doesn't really matter anymore.

Savikalpa = Saguna and Nirvikalpa = Nirguna

So, it all depends on the concepts of "Nama" and "Rupa"...name and form.

What we consider/conceive of Lord Shiva to BE is only just a miniscule representation of what He (or She or It or Nothing) really is and we could say that Lord Shiva is truly "unknowable" and "inconceivable" as Brahman...as Purusha.

It is only through His Shakti...through Maya that we see the being with the attributes we usually associate with Lord Shiva...now, this is STILL Lord Shiva...but also only represents Lord Shiva...like a photograph represents a person, but it is not the person.

It is the Divine Mother, Maha Kali which enables us to become aware of the existence of Maha Kala...Lord Shiva, because Lord Shiva cannot be understood or approached in any other way - unless one is in Nirvikalpa Samadhi...it is only through Shakti that Shiva can be approached...so I also acknowledge the Divine Mother.

When the balance occurs between Lord Shiva (Shakta) and His manifested energies (Shakti) the transition results in a whole new form and way of being...we call that Ardhanarishwara...the Tantric merging of the three aspects of Shakti (Will, Action, Knowledge - Iccha, Kriya and Jnana) with the infinite potentiality, impetus and substratum of the universe (which is Shiva).

So, Lord Shiva is particularly very happy when you pay homage to his "better half"...

Anyway, my mind has gone totally blank after typing that...so here is where the transmission ends.

Thank you.I also acknowledge the divine mother.

I too did my research.Some people are claiming that Nirvikalpa samadhi is not enlightenment and Sahaja Samadhi is.
Old 18-10-2018, 07:46 AM
Master
Quote:
Thank you for the kind advise.I will start doing it as you suggested.

Sometimes in the past when I just let go of myself in Shiv ji 's love ,maybe while listening to Shiv ji's songs,my blood pressure changed so much that I was almost close to getting passed out/unconscious so I'd have to stop there.

Does it happen to you too ?
That isn't your blood pressure....that is you going into trance.

Your ego is doing everything in its power to stay 'in control'...it doesn't want you doing this...always remember that.

Your ego will say/do anything talk you out of it...it is just the way it is...ignore that.

You won't go unconscious, but your consciousness will change...there's a big difference and don't be frightened because myself and Shiv-ji will be there with you...all the way.

You may find your body does things "by itself"...you may not be aware of your surroundings, you may urinate/defecate, you may sing/scream Lord Shiva's praises, you may start dancing like a puppet...I could even cut you and you wouldn't feel it.

If you trust Shiv-ji, then you need to trust that nothing bad is going to happen to you while you are like this...it doesn't...because I will answer your question...has it happened to me? many, many times!

https://www.indianspice.co.za/2015/0...f-trance-real/

There are some videos on youtube I have seen which pretty much shows you what happens:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWqnQwgYon0

I will tell you one thing...after you come back to earth, you are feeling like you are blissed out and walking on clouds for weeks...spontaneously bursting into song or tears.

I'll talk about Sahaja Samadhi later.