Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 02-04-2020, 12:36 AM
Master
Non-duality doesn't exist.

Non-duality doesn't exist, because the polar opposite of non-duality is duality. And together they are duality. You cannot have only one side of a coin.
Old 02-04-2020, 01:16 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
Non-duality doesn't exist, because the polar opposite of non-duality is duality. And together they are duality. You cannot have only one side of a coin.
I agree. It's really a 'hoax'.

Just as as there is no such 'thing' as 'nothing'.

I addressed this 'issue' in http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...php?p=1919042#
Old 02-04-2020, 02:06 AM
Master
Quote:

If you check, you might be surprised to find out a coin has 3 sides.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:13 AM
ketzer

Quote:
True, but there is only one coin.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:13 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
... on of them non-dual.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:17 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Still only one coin. One surface? So...that would make it non-triality? Just doesn't have the same mystical sound to it though. I know, it's a trinity, three sides in one coin, a holy roller.
Old 02-04-2020, 02:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
I agree. It's really a 'hoax'.

Just as as there is no such 'thing' as 'nothing'.

I addressed this 'issue' in http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...php?p=1919042#
Nothing represented as zero does exist.

Look at the equation x=1/n. As n approaches 0, x approaches infinity.

but then look at the same equation x=1/n. As n approaches infinity, x approaches 0.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-04-2020, 02:23 AM
ketzer

Quote:
Nothing represented as zero does exist.

Look at the equation x=1/n. As n approaches 0, x approaches infinity.

but then look at the same equation x=1/n. As n approaches infinity, x approaches 0.
Nobody told me there was going to be math! Is there going to be a quiz on this later?
Old 02-04-2020, 02:42 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketzer
Still only one coin. One surface? So...that would make it non-triality? Just doesn't have the same mystical sound to it though. I know, it's a trinity, three sides in one coin, a holy roller.
I guess "three" is still non-duality.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 02-04-2020, 04:21 AM
Master

Quote:

This is based on the mistaken premise that the polar opposite of non-duality is duality.

This suggests that at one pole there is non-duality and at the other pole there is duality. This is not the case. When we speak of polar opposites then we are speaking in terms of duality. Non-duality has no polar opposite. Non-duality (by definition) is everywhere without limits. If non-duality were limited then there would be something else separate from non-duality. All duality exists within non-duality.

And strictly speaking, unity does not manifest as a duality, but instead manifests as a triplicity. There are the two poles, and the third aspect is the relationship between them.

Peace