Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-08-2019, 01:22 AM
Master
Is the universe friendly or unfriendly?

Hello,

Was watching a lecture from Tera Bracht.

Now am not good at posting links, so google her if interested.

Just mentioning this to refer to what inspired me to present this post.

Anyways, she mentioned that Einstein said the most important decision to make is if you believe we live in a friendly universe or hostile universe?
(Don't recal the direct quote.)

So, present the question here.

When reflecting upon this question, it revealed how I tend to see myself and the world at present.

How I either respond or react to things.

For when seeing the universe as unfriendly, I feel mistrust, fear, and things as being challenging. I tend to react more.

When turning it around that the universe is friendly, I feel more at peace, secure, open to others.

If feeling it is neutral, I feel unattached, a bit distant, and find it hard to find meaning.

So, it has fluctuated with me as to how I have felt. Through reflecting upon these fluctuation it has brought to my consciousness how it influences my self image and my perspectives. How I may respond and at times react.

It further brings the act of being mindful to the forefront.

So in short this is what the question brings to me.

How do you all decide to view the universe, friendly or unfriendly?
What does this bring to you?
Old 21-08-2019, 01:47 AM
Master
From my viewpoint, here on Earth, the Universe seems to be friendly. The rest of the Universe seems very unfriendly.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-08-2019, 01:53 AM
Master

EDIT:

It seems that it is a misattributed quote:
Multiple variations of this quote can be found, but the earliest one on Google Books which uses the phrase "friendly or hostile" and attributes it to Einstein is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Spiritual Healing by Susan Gregg (2000), p. 5, and this book gives no source for the quote.
Also:
Barbara Wolff, former Archivist at the Albert Einstein Archives (1995-2016)
Answered Oct 2, 2018 ·
Whether Albert Einstein ever asked such a question this way, we don’t know and we don’t have any evidence he did.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-08-2019, 01:55 AM
Master

Why would the Universe be different than the Earth? Is the Earth a friendly place?

I believe that everybody should have an answer to: Why am I here on Earth now? What am I supposed to do?
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.
Old 21-08-2019, 02:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Why would the Universe be different than the Earth? Is the Earth a friendly place?

I believe that everybody should have an answer to: Why am I here on Earth now? What am I supposed to do?

We know the Earth is friendly because we live here. Just imagine how you would feel waking up tomorrow on the moon?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 21-08-2019, 03:15 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
We know the Earth is friendly because we live here. Just imagine how you would feel waking up tomorrow on the moon?
Funny reply ... I 'love' when people present pseudo-arguments.
Old 21-08-2019, 04:14 AM
Master
I don't think of the universe in terms of friendly or unfriendly. I find it mysterious yet imaginary. As far as what this brings me. Well, that's a mystery even to me. Whatever answer i write out will obviously be imaginary.

Quote:

Old 21-08-2019, 07:33 AM
Master
Quote:
EDIT:

It seems that it is a misattributed quote:
Multiple variations of this quote can be found, but the earliest one on Google Books which uses the phrase "friendly or hostile" and attributes it to Einstein is The Complete Idiot's Guide to Spiritual Healing by Susan Gregg (2000), p. 5, and this book gives no source for the quote.
Also:
Barbara Wolff, former Archivist at the Albert Einstein Archives (1995-2016)
Answered Oct 2, 2018 ·
Whether Albert Einstein ever asked such a question this way, we don’t know and we don’t have any evidence he did.

Thank you for the information on the quote, inavalan.

Whether Einstein actual said it or not, I still find the inquiry interesting.
For it makes sense, to me, in that how I may veiw/perceive the world/universe reflects in some ways how I view myself. This has influence upon how I may interact with others and nature.

Just what it brings to me.
Old 21-08-2019, 07:55 AM
Master
Quote:

Hi inavalan,

In order to answer such questions as; Why am I here on Earth now? What am I suppose to do? Doesn't it help to understand how one may relate to the Earth?

To as to whether or not the Earth is a friendly place seems influenced by how I perceive life here to be. There are things here on Earth the could kill me or make me ill. Environments that are not welcoming.

Yet, the Earth supports us and provides what humans needs in order to live here.

The universe also seems to provide support by having the solar system set up in such a way that Earth seems placed in the perfect spot for life here (as we know it) to be.

The universe can also seem unwelcoming. There are elements that could kill me and make me sick.

So, on a physical level seems a to be a little bit of a paradox, it is friendly and not, IMO.

As to it working in cooperation with itself seems that the Earth and universe does. We have the potential to cooperate with the Earth and each other as well.
Old 21-08-2019, 08:01 AM
Master
Quote:

Hi BigJohn,

What comes to me by what you present is what supports us seems friendly and what can not seems unfriendly. Is this the gist of what you're asking?

But, the moon doesn't threaten Earth.