Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Old 18-04-2018, 04:30 PM
Experiencer
The disconnect of everybody

I strongly feel that we are all pretty much alone maybe you don't realize it but even though we are all one there is just a misunderstanding going on where its like we are all speaking a different language and even though we are perhaps connected to the world more now than ever in history via social media and things it just makes the disconnect ever more apparent.

I wish people would learn to connect and work together

Its my life goal, to help bring unity to the world.
Old 18-04-2018, 07:45 PM
Knower
I guess most people are afraid to really connect, as it would mean to open up and be vulnerable .. thank to social media it's easy to hide and keep it superficial.
It's actually really sad, as I think most people crave real connections.

There's a saying that people can meet you only as deep as they have met themselves. I found that to be very true, as many are disconnected from themselves, often without even knowing it.
Old 19-04-2018, 03:47 AM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miharo
I guess most people are afraid to really connect, as it would mean to open up and be vulnerable .. thank to social media it's easy to hide and keep it superficial.
It's actually really sad, as I think most people crave real connections.

There's a saying that people can meet you only as deep as they have met themselves. I found that to be very true, as many are disconnected from themselves, often without even knowing it.

Most people have never been taught how to be vulnerable and live with an open heart or mind. We've never been taught the art of self-love or authenticity. So it's hard to feel any sort of connection to anyone if you aren't connected to yourself first. And when you are, it's spun as being selfish or conceited. Our parents are damaged goods usually, so we continue the generational legacy of being broken people.

You're right. Social media doesn't help. It fuels the false, narcissistic love many of us mistake for self-love. Thing is, how do they that it isn't real when that's all they've been taught? It's sad that connections through social media deceive many people that use these platforms to form relationships. Many people don't know how deep true connections can run. So they settle for vapid facades.

Even though many people are searching for deep, meaningful connections, I don't feel like they are actually ready to do the self-work needed for these relationships to form or to thrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Universal.Vibe

Its my life goal, to help bring unity to the world.

Paradoxically, I feel like I can't relate to the majority of people that are in my life right now. However, I feel the same way you do. I feel like I'm alive here on Earth to help others heal, and reunite in harmony. I feel intrinsically connected to everyone through Source, and wish to inspire others to re-connect with their divinity.
Old 19-04-2018, 07:55 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowzie
Most people have never been taught how to be vulnerable and live with an open heart or mind. We've never been taught the art of self-love or authenticity. So it's hard to feel any sort of connection to anyone if you aren't connected to yourself first. And when you are, it's spun as being selfish or conceited. Our parents are damaged goods usually, so we continue the generational legacy of being broken people.

You're right. Social media doesn't help. It fuels the false, narcissistic love many of us mistake for self-love. Thing is, how do they that it isn't real when that's all they've been taught? It's sad that connections through social media deceive many people that use these platforms to form relationships. Many people don't know how deep true connections can run. So they settle for vapid facades.

Even though many people are searching for deep, meaningful connections, I don't feel like they are actually ready to do the self-work needed for these relationships to form or to thrive.

Paradoxically, I feel like I can't relate to the majority of people that are in my life right now. However, I feel the same way you do. I feel like I'm alive here on Earth to help others heal, and reunite in harmony. I feel intrinsically connected to everyone through Source, and wish to inspire others to re-connect with their divinity.

I agree. But there are people who slowly starting to search for themselves as we can see in these forums and not only.
In the end we can not change anybody but ourselves and some may feel inspired.
Everybody is ready in their own time to do the self work needed.
I'm sure we'll all get enough chances to help others.. in fact I'm sure we already do it :)
Old 19-04-2018, 10:40 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowzie

Yeah I understand this paradox.
Maybe not the whole "divinity" stuff as it's kinda pretentious xD
But if everyone could just get along life could be really amazing for everyone!
Old 22-05-2018, 02:37 PM
Guide

A major concern is how much time we spend using electronic devices. Like the perfect apple iphone. Why start a relationship with other people when you have angry birds app active 8 hours everyday. So much time spent on your phone is taking away from how we used to connect with each other . especially when an arbitrary social conventions says to spend time at the bar, "relaxing" from a maladaptive day.

Spending more time building bonds and being with nature help us connect
Old 22-05-2018, 05:05 PM
Badcopyinc

Darkness makes daylight more beautiful. if all you knew was sunlight then it wouldn't be as amazing at is it now.

Flowers and all of life grow from the results of rain.

It is the perception that something isn't right that should be looked at, not changing other people. I agree that the world would be a different place if we were all on the same page. But if you take away the rain how will anything grow?

Jumping in a pool to cool off is more enjoyable when it is hot out. and the hotter it is the more enjoyment that pool will give you. By eliminating "bad" you will also eliminate "good"

To me everyone speaks the same language. we are all just finding our way back to ourselves. no matter the words or actions, all of life is just witnessing it self. To be able to witness it you have to let go of wanting to change it. You'll never catch a good photographer trying to alter the sunset to get a better shot. The best shot is always obtained by changing your perspective.
Old 22-05-2018, 07:14 PM
Master
I think you're onto something there, Universal.Vibe. A long time ago, my hippie uncle turned me on to some tracks by the Beatles. They had a song that included these lyrics...

We were talking, about the space between us all
And the people, who hide themselves behind a wall of illusion
Never glimpse the truth, then it's far too late when they pass away

We were talking, about the love we all could share
When we find it, to try our best to hold it there, with our love
With our love we could save the world, if they only knew

The song is titled "Within You and Without You"
Old 22-05-2018, 07:20 PM
Master
Quote:
When the Power Of Love is greater than the love of power, the world will know peace.

~ Jimi Hendrix

Amen.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 23-05-2018, 04:40 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pdizzle45
A major concern is how much time we spend using electronic devices. Like the perfect apple iphone. Why start a relationship with other people when you have angry birds app active 8 hours everyday. So much time spent on your phone is taking away from how we used to connect with each other . especially when an arbitrary social conventions says to spend time at the bar, "relaxing" from a maladaptive day.

Spending more time building bonds and being with nature help us connect

I agree. The smartphone as well as the TV have really separated modern people from each other.

We have neighbours living opposite us, a family with 2 kids (I think) and the grandmother also lives there. Every once in a while they all spend the evening together singing. The father plays an accordion and it's really lovely and kind of soothing to listen to them when they do this. I have thought many times to myself, people should do these kind of things more often.

Especially singing and playing instruments together is such a powerful way to connect to others from the heart. Before TV and other modern entertainment devices people used to do this on a regular basis and I'm sure in less advanced and poorer cultures they still do.