Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Light Workers & Earth Angels

Old 25-04-2019, 04:22 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

How do you deal with darkness?

It's just after midnight in my world and I have all night ahead to sit alone in the dark, by myself...

By myself but with the internet.

I spend most of my time, throughout my life, alone in the dark. I have a sleep disorder that has me in the dark no less than half of the time, and sometimes more than that. I'm not a major fan of daylight but that has a lot to do with being so accustomed and oriented to darkness.

But I also have a lot of spiritual darkness and great adversity in my life. I've been exposed to, subjected to and subjugated to many evils. They do not come from me and are not self-generated. However, through great, severe, brutal and merciless disillusionment and abuse and torture - and worse - I am now filled with violence, hatred and wrath.

How does a light worker judge the darkness?

Is one who sits alone in the dark a light?

If I am a light in the dark, what am I telling you?
Old 25-04-2019, 07:42 AM
Deactivated Account

This is highly relatable and I think for many of us who find ourselves in this situation the darkness is something we have to learn to transmute for the collective consciousness. How do I deal with it? Unhealthily probably, but I think the important thing is that I try rather than succumbing to it myself.
Old 25-04-2019, 05:15 PM
Master
My path out was put in my way as a mile-high impenetrable brick wall, forcing my life to a full stop. When I had nowhere to go, I really could only surrender.

And from that surrender light came. It is now all I am. All darkness I had met, that had been put on me, I've let go of. It is not mine, I have no use for it.

With surrender, I started acting according to the light, (f.ex. waking me up at 5am in the morning for a long while) - and the light almost always lets me sleep now. (Very few nights a month, do I sit up. And when I do, I know it is mostly because I - me, myself and I - don't really want to let go of the day, let go of the screen, let go of my selfwill... So that's ok. I don't have to be perfect.)

To sit in the dark and not fear it, is a great gift. There is great strength and love in the dark. Most of the universe is dark - dark is not evil. (Unless you mean evil when you write dark...?)

I'm of the conviction evil is an illusion, made up by the ego to keep us in separation from the light. That's how it worked for me, once I had fully embraced the light, all 'dark entities' more or less dissolve. (One exception, where I asked for and received help from a brother, just recently).

But regardless of how you understand dark emotions, dark entities, dark forces - everyone has the flame of light inside them, every single one of us. And it can never be put out, there is always a new chance to have life breathed into it and allow it to grow. I hope you find your path soon, but trust that if it takes a long time, it is merely so that you can help others in the future who despair at their long dark night...

Congratulations on the very strong image of your light in the dark!

Of course you are a light, you shine across continents, you shine through the nights of a whole globe... <3

And we turn our attention to the world, not away. We receive our learning from the songs it sings and the choir of One we're all in.

And while we walk gently, we generate love, healing, the most powerful energy of all, Life!

Soaking in life, we spread the light <3
Old 26-04-2019, 02:44 AM
Master
little nation, the idea is not to judge.
You are working in your specialized field as a light worker.
This is all you need to know.
Hallelujah
Old 26-04-2019, 03:03 AM
Suspended

I like the dark. I can hide. Makes me less self conscious of appearances. But I don't like insomnia. Gotta have that 8 hours minimum. I used to happily work night shifts full time.
Old 26-04-2019, 10:37 AM
Suspended
Experiencer

Thank you all for the responses.
Old 27-04-2019, 03:51 PM
ImthatIm

Oh, the wonderful dark is the best place to start a Gratitude or Thankfulness list and keep writing or contemplating on them until the sun comes up.
Or
Find the light switch and turn it on.

^^^^
Old 28-04-2019, 07:55 AM
Master
Our dark side and light side form the whole, Yin/Yang. We can't have one without the other.
Old 28-04-2019, 09:42 AM
Master
You can enjoy darkness, night sky, etc. but this sshould not be confused with evil, malevolence, etc.
We should not conflate these two..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Our dark side and light side form the whole, Yin/Yang. We can't have one without the other.

Yes.. but this is not the 'darkness' as described in the OP. What you describe isn't about the violence, hatred, wrath, torture, and brutality that is mentioned in the first post. To live without these means enlightenment..
Yin/yang, dark/light isn't about good and evil or benevolence and nonviolence versus malevolence and violence, etc.
Old 28-04-2019, 10:07 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
You can enjoy darkness, night sky, etc. but this sshould not be confused with evil, malevolence, etc.
We should not conflate these two..

Yes.. but this is not the 'darkness' as described in the OP. What you describe isn't about the violence, hatred, wrath, torture, and brutality that is mentioned in the first post. To live without these means enlightenment..
Yin/yang, dark/light isn't about good and evil or benevolence and nonviolence versus malevolence and violence, etc.

Yin/Yang is the way of the universe and encompasses everything.