Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 24-03-2013, 01:56 AM
Master
Why Buddhism " master" avoiding debate ?

For many years I have been actively involve in many Buddhism website eager to learn from others by way of debate but sadly I have lots of reason to believe that many people out there claiming as ' Buddhism master" but avoiding discussion / debate ....they just keen to teach or trying to influence others but never have any intention to share views or even learn from others .

I really cant understand why , what makes them so confident in their beliefs and deny all possibilities to change..........are they too shy to change ? or they had to defend their views for their pride ? or they just being ego ........

There was a monk told me a story of a Buddhism master keep pouring tea into a "student" cup just to explain to the student that his mind already full that cant be changed............................but to me , the master in that story should also accepted that his own mind is not just full but overflow ...he should be awake to accept that he could learn from the student ...........in my current understanding of Buddhism , is all about learning never teaching ......

Therefore to all the "master" , all the "monk" that currently teaching Buddhism in school or monastry please , please share with me your reason for teaching ..........I always eager to debate with anyone in any topic of Buddhism ...please PM me or email or have debate in here for my own learning process .
Thks
CSEe
Old 17-04-2013, 06:24 PM
Master
does not the Buddha teach that one should EMPTY their cup so as to allow the Divine to fill it?
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 17-04-2013, 06:52 PM
I find debates too yang for me...intellcectual...when the very essence of
Buddhism would be to go beyond the mind...that logical part that is so limited.
Also, it is teaching in silence and humilty, I gathered.

How does one debate or discuss...
"What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

I know the sound...but at first hearing this question it boggles the mind...
Yes, exactly, boggle it so you alone can experience the answer.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 17-04-2013, 09:34 PM
Master
You just cannot debate what is beyond the mind, debating is of the ego wanting to be right, you yourself must enter the silence within, there you will experience that which cannot even be conceptulized, so how can one debate that. You must experience it for yourself, then see if you still want to debate about it, I bet you won't.
Old 17-04-2013, 10:09 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabda
does not the Buddha teach that one should EMPTY their cup so as to allow the Divine to fill it?

In my current understanding , if I have the desire " to empty" the cup I am just creating more emotions and this will leading to longer / more suffering journey into emptiness . Buddhism is to me a process that one NATURALLY decreasing all its polluted energy - the emotions not to further increased it .
" emptying" the cup in Buddhism is never resulted from a wish or desire or practice but by awaken , by own realization and acceptance .......nothing will " fill in" the cup as in emptiness there is no cup.Thats my current understanding - please share your thought .
Thks
CSEe
Old 17-04-2013, 10:17 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I find debates too yang for me...intellcectual...when the very essence of
Buddhism would be to go beyond the mind...that logical part that is so limited.
Also, it is teaching in silence and humilty, I gathered.

How does one debate or discuss...
"What is the sound of one hand clapping?"

I know the sound...but at first hearing this question it boggles the mind...
Yes, exactly, boggle it so you alone can experience the answer.

In my current understanding , debate is one of the trillions way to learn Buddhism and perhaps is the best in internet .

In my current understanding , there is nothing we " know" in Buddhism as knowing is part of beliefs leading to faith and faith is like swimming against the current - more suffering . Buddhism to me is a process that continue of discovering , always in motion and never stop at any level of understanding until nothingness .......the attachment of own emotions is the cause of suffering , suffering is a reason for creation of more emotions / more self - leading to longer journey / more suffering journey into emptiness .
Thks
CSEe
Old 17-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You just cannot debate what is beyond the mind, debating is of the ego wanting to be right, you yourself must enter the silence within, there you will experience that which cannot even be conceptulized, so how can one debate that. You must experience it for yourself, then see if you still want to debate about it, I bet you won't.

Thats your version of debate ...I learned ......but my reason of debate is to learn never to teach ...so is always great to discover new awareness . Debate could push me to explore areas that I seldom / never been , I learn from reply even from my own answer ..................Buddhism to me is not to attachment to own experience , or to create desire to have faith in own experience but to challenge it for greater understanding . Buddhism is learning to decrease to " self" not to gain and keep " the self"..........I had experienced many " empty room" by exploring own emotion and Buddhism is not to enter the room by desire but to discover it and become the room .
Thks
CSEe
Old 17-04-2013, 11:06 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Thats your version of debate ...I learned ......but my reason of debate is to learn never to teach ...so is always great to discover new awareness . Debate could push me to explore areas that I seldom / never been , I learn from reply even from my own answer ..................Buddhism to me is not to attachment to own experience , or to create desire to have faith in own experience but to challenge it for greater understanding . Buddhism is learning to decrease to " self" not to gain and keep " the self"..........I had experienced many " empty room" by exploring own emotion and Buddhism is not to enter the room by desire but to discover it and become the room .
Thks
CSEe
Well why use the word debate, why not just say you want to learn from a master, I think its just that you are using the wrong word.
Old 17-04-2013, 11:27 PM
missrachel300

I really don't know about Buddhism... but I'm sure there are many interpretations and off-shoots of how the religion is practiced, taught and learned.

Kinda sounds to me like they have resigned to a life of a 'brain dead' vegetable.
Old 17-04-2013, 11:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by missrachel300
I really don't know about Buddhism... but I'm sure there are many interpretations and off-shoots of how the religion is practiced, taught and learned.

Kinda sounds to me like they have resigned to a life of a 'brain dead' vegetable.
that made me laugh lol
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi