Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-07-2012, 09:23 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
Agreed .Buddhism to me is a PROCESS to know , to experience leading to accept own self / purity so is always about own self.

I will claim that this is not only so for Buddhism but for everything in life. I can light up the path you have to walk but I cannot walk it for you. But why do you feel a need to find disagreement.
Old 16-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
Hello CSEe,

I would really love to help you but you probably know more than I do about Buddhism and its principles. Any Buddhist Temples where you are at? There is one in my country, that's where my mother used to go, she once took home a book on Buddhism from that Temple, it was Chinese on the pages on the left and English on the opposite pages. I think it's a great place to start... Then maybe you can meet people there who might help you look for a monk/master...

In my current understanding of Buddhism, every beings whether living or non-living regardless their background or nature is a great source for me to understand myself therefore YOU , same as Dalai Lama , same as OSAMA , same as OBAMA or any non-living is my "teacher" that always provide me great lesson .
I never attached in any Buddhist sociaty . In my current understanding , no one can claim to be " master" or " teacher" in Buddhism to others even Mr Siddharta himself but there are many people especially monk claim as " teacher" ...thats why puzzled me , I am here to learn why they think they can be teacher in Buddhism . Perhaps you could share your view
Thks
CSEe
Old 16-07-2012, 09:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreamweaver
I will claim that this is not only so for Buddhism but for everything in life. I can light up the path you have to walk but I cannot walk it for you. But why do you feel a need to find disagreement.

Is there any other " thing" in life except Buddhism ? I cant find any other " matter" or " thing"........
Buddhism is a process that will make me accept of my own desire , compassion , emotions all the pollutant in me ...and perhaps by accepted all these pollutant that I had shaped it into " myself" ...I will free me from myself and cease my existance .
To me I cannot light up the path for anyone except my own path and is always me , alone in my own world , my own journey of my will , my choice and in my own world .
"knowledge" to me is just information , understanding at a particular time / awareness and is always changing / advance . Knowledge need to be challenge to move to better understanding . " faith" or attachment on knowledge is perhaps is the limitation to progress ...therefore I cant find any common sense that " faith" good in Buddhism as claim by many monk.Dis-agreement is great as it provide different views , different areas of awareness , different level of awareness and force myself to explore my own awareness ...please show me otherwise .
Thks
CSEe
Old 16-07-2012, 09:55 AM
Quagmire

Buddism is just one way of viewing the world. I have moved to a place where I see it through my higher self and all the knowledge collected since the beginning of my existence. Besides that I have Zeus as my master who shows me the secrets of the Cosmos and how things intertwine and interact. If you cannot see anything other than Buddism and you need a challenge, then maybe you should take what Buddism have taught you and compare it to other world views. The Taoist view of Yin Yann you might find very interesting as it shows us not to exclude parts of ourself but to find balance within by finding beauty in all. When you find beauty in something you think have no beauty, let us say a way you express an emotion, you will find that you no longer express that emotion in an ugly way.
Old 16-07-2012, 10:20 AM
Experiencer
Observation and awareness are key. Always observe your self and your reactions to the world around you. Maintain that awareness. Do not judge, simply see things as they are.
Old 16-07-2012, 10:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Buddism is just one way of viewing the world. I have moved to a place where I see it through my higher self and all the knowledge collected since the beginning of my existence. Besides that I have Zeus as my master who shows me the secrets of the Cosmos and how things intertwine and interact. If you cannot see anything other than Buddism and you need a challenge, then maybe you should take what Buddism have taught you and compare it to other world views. The Taoist view of Yin Yann you might find very interesting as it shows us not to exclude parts of ourself but to find balance within by finding beauty in all. When you find beauty in something you think have no beauty, let us say a way you express an emotion, you will find that you no longer express that emotion in an ugly way.

Is great you know yourself to that level . To me Buddhism is not knowledge or religion and I cant find any reason to compare it with others as it is beyond all ...
In Buddhism of my current understanding , there is NO comparison of beuty or ugle .....as beuty is of same as ugle is based on culture or knowledge or a emotion in myself perhaps you could show me otherwise
Old 16-07-2012, 10:39 AM
Quagmire

Quote:
To me Buddhism is not knowledge or religion and I cant find any reason to compare it with others as it is beyond all ...

And there is your limitation. If you hold the Buddist view as better than other world views you do not truly see the world through Buddism. For you Buddism make sense where others find the same wisdom through other belief system that use other words to describe the same thing. So by looking other places than where you look now you will find other views on the same thing and through that gain a bigger understanding of it all. But with everything you do remember to listen to your heart because that is where your true path lies.
Old 16-07-2012, 11:53 AM
Master
Since aged ten , I suffered extreme fear on death CSEe

Any thoughts as to why that you would like to share?

James
Old 16-07-2012, 12:16 PM
Master
Quote:
And there is your limitation. If you hold the Buddist view as better than other world views you do not truly see the world through Buddism. For you Buddism make sense where others find the same wisdom through other belief system that use other words to describe the same thing. So by looking other places than where you look now you will find other views on the same thing and through that gain a bigger understanding of it all. But with everything you do remember to listen to your heart because that is where your true path lies.

I am aware that I never defended any of my opinion and always explore for all possibilities . I never find it common sense on the concept of " Buddhist" ....to me , I should never label or attached myself to any faith but continue to advance ...thats Buddhism to me so to continue learning , to continue exploring , to continue experiencing is Buddhism .
So if the PROCESS of experiencing , learning , understanding from all sources regardless their nature is known as Buddhism ...what else is out there sir ?
Regardless what your faith is , regardless what being is you , Buddhism is a PROCESS of understanding , knowing , realizing , expriencing your own self as all your compassion , desire , emotions , hate , greed etc that you known it as yourself by being awake by your own realization leading to acceptance of yourself and purity / emptiness .... so what else is out there ?
Thks
CSEe
Old 16-07-2012, 01:21 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
So if the PROCESS of experiencing , learning , understanding from all sources regardless their nature is known as Buddhism ...what else is out there sir ?

There is the opposite lets call it Msihddub where it is about growing by not learning, not understanding any source at all. The path of being without being.

But I do start to understand. You use Buddhism as a way to make sense on your journey. A light on your path the same way some use Crist. I could call it Oompa Loompa and believe that the words of small singing men lights up my path and brings meaning to my life. Do you understand what I am saying. All I say is that what we call it and what form it has does not matter because as long as it brings you further down your chosen path, then that is all that matters.